1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

10 things I don't like about this team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Dec 23, 2014.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sarcasm man sarcasm

2. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I wonder if you will have a similar distaste against Lin when he was here like the same you are doing towards TJ now,

will this place still survive?

:eek:

4. basketballholic

Lin is not on the team dude. This is the season after Lin.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

At least TJ and his long neck weren't on there.

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Now back to the topic since you sounds serious (sort of),

regarding this :

"Nick Johnson (a rookie second rounder) and Tarik Black (an undrafted rookie) together for extended minutes. Makes no sense. Two raw rookies together. We get toasted every time."

Actually I don't know if you have followed McHale's weekly interviews on 790, but there are multiple occasions he mentioned specifically that he spent lot of time with Black, not only on the floor but also off the floor.

He mentioned there is one time that they are playing back to back on the road and during the travelling, they arrived in that city around 3-4 in the morning and a few hours later, the first thing he did in the morning was to have a cup of coffee together with Black and chat.

And he mentioned he talked a lots to Black in many occasions, just like that.

It strikes me that its pretty odd but moving considering McHale is the kind of coach that will always trust his vet players more - like the way he is playing Terry and he also admitted on 790.

I think to some extend, whether you like McHale as a strategy coach or not, his way to training and teaching players is indeed one of the best in this league.

Hence why he is keeping a good relationship with most of the players he coached before.

So, how exactly does all these related to how he played Johnson and Black?

First of all, he does not have much choices. For the last few weeks, we have tons of injuries, his hands are tied. Everyone and anyone who can walk on the court will have a shot to play. Black obviously is more active with more efforts on the court than Dorsey while Johnson is way ahead of Canaan on defense even at this stage of his career.

Its not about how he prefer to stuck these guys together but rather how much options he has left.

Sticking Black with Terry or Johnson pairing with Dorsey won't make the result vary much and you will probably complain about the same.

I know there are lots of people here think Black is trash, that's about the same view of mine on him in the summer league.

But I am not surprised to see him to grab a spot in here because frankly he earned it in the camp.

You are looking at a undrafted rookie here whose both the GM and coach really like and spent lots of efforts on him and watching him to grow.

I really don't see they will cut him under this situation.

I would even go further to speculate that if Morey have to make a choice between Capela and Black at this point? He may want to give up on Capela (trade him away for nothing).

7. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

I know we are blessed to have such a good team, but seriously hoping for a Christmas miracle and Dwight can hit some FTs...

8. basketballholic

52% is sphincteritis deluxe. Because we all know he's sitting right on the knife edge and about 3 games worth of poor free throws and he's back down to 45% and the hack-a-Dwight strategy is in full bloom.

9. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

If we can just add Josh Smith (47%FT), then holy ****...

10. basketballholic

Yeah. That's gonna give me double sphincteritis. I'm going to be sitting on my arms before it's over.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Because he's an *******.

12. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

Jason Terry needs to be out there for veteran leadership. Pat Beverly is not a natural PG, but that's why we have Harden out there...lol @ Ariza comment...he does dribble like a 3rd grader on a YMCA team. We got Brewer so when Ariza sucks, we can bench him! Nick Johnson needs to be sent down to the D-League if we get JSmoove! Tarik Black and Dorsey both sucks. Most of all, McHale sucks as a coach! We lost the Portland series for his stubbornness of not doubling Aldridge. However, he's a great motivator, but we need more of an X's and O's coach to get to the next level, which is to win a NBA championship!!!

13. Moleb

Moleb Member

And most of the time I don't like this teams fans. Because they make posts like these :)

14. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

some are true, but you dont have to list them all out

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

the no. 1 most ignorant thing to worry about the rockets is talking about Dwight's FT.

even he will shot 47-52%, that's still better than most of the other guy's FG%. And more importantly, when they hack him, that means we will have a comfortable lead, with the defense we have this year, I will be more happy to take it in a heart beat.

16. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Didn't read.

Shut up

17. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

OP had good content, but framed it with too negative of a thread title. Hope OP does not "shut up".

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm sure there are things to nitpick about every team though, from best to worst.

Rockets aren't perfect. No one is.

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Shut up

20. newAge_Rockets