1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

10 Questions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Glyde22, Dec 2, 2001.

1. Glyde22

Glyde22 Contributing Member

1. Does anyone have any info on Mo Taylor's rehab? Is there any chance he'll be back before the season ends?

2. Are we still looking to deal Walt and if so to whom Mia, Chi, Orl?

3. Didn't Phoenix offer us Cliff Robinson and Penny Hardaway for Dream, in hind sight should we have taken it?

4. Is it safe to assume that Glen Rice will never regain his form and Cato's deal will begin to look like peanuts?

5. Will Jason Collier ever make a contribution to this team?

6. Can we get Damon Jones back this year, somehow?

7. Did all that isolation play last year scew up our basketball IQ (i.e., our ability to pass and make quick discussions with the ball)? Watching our offense is down right painful.

8. If Mo comes back from injury next year, do we deal KT, and what could we get?

9. At the end of last season we needed a small forward and legit center, don't we still need the same things?

10. Are the Rockets serious with that Greg Brandy promotion? ( No wonder the have attendance problems)

2. Houstone

Houstone Member

To many questions..:p

3. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

Not sure, I'm guessing no though.

They are probably keeping Walt because of team relations and some good games

Yes we should have. Salary was the issue then, as well as Penny's injury, but those salaries look a lot better than Rice and Mooch...we also should have traded him a while back for Doug Christie, someone else and the #5 and #12 picks in the 1999 draft. (With #5 could have taken Bender, Marion, Szczerbiak, A. Miller, Rip Hamilton, Jason Terry...with #12 could have taken Maggette, Artest, Posey, Kirilenko etc.)...or we should have just kept Dream and Damon Jones and not have signed Mooch to so much money.

No, Rice just needs to get more involved in the offense and get more plays run for him, rather than 1 shot a quarter. Kevin Willis gets more plays :rolleyes:...Cato on the other hand, has looked nice in a lot of games, and is getting help from Willis and Rice. I still believe. ;)

Not IMO

I wish, but Detroit probably won't let him go now and we have Mooch locked up now. He's played well. I told the Rockets to just keep him for $1 million and not sign Mooch for his ridiculous deal...:mad:

I blame the fact that Mooch is running it

I still hope that Griffin could maybe grow an inch and bulk up a bit and become our center of the future. Then we would still have space for KT, but not nearly as much as now of course. I hope they keep him though

Unless Rice can contribute, yes...only difference between now and then...about $12 million.

Haha. Yes it's serious. They are having all kinds of nights it seems now. Greg Brady night, Lord of the Rings night, etc.

4. Bay Rock

Bay Rock Member

Regarding #8 & #9;

In my opinion, KT is our SF. I think most would agree that he is not a 4.

Currently, he is quicker than either Rice or Walt and defends better. His moves to the basket are very good and 4's can not gaurd him when he puts the ball on the floor. When he becomes a better mid-range shooter, he will be unstoppable. A Mashburn type of SF (A poor man's version).

Therefore, when MO returns, I would hope that KT moves over to the 3. EG backs up MO at the 4 and Walt, TMO back up KT at the 3.

We still need a center, maybe we can package Cato and Rice for something of value. I still believe that LaFrentz would be the perfect 5 for the Rockets. A big who can actually catch the ball, shoot, rebound and block shots.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

<b>
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Glyde22
    6. Can we get Damon Jones back this year, somehow?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish, but Detroit probably won't let him go now and we have Mooch locked up now. He's played well. I told the Rockets to just keep him for $1 million and not sign Mooch for his ridiculous deal... </b>

I like Damon Jones, but to say he's playing well is not accurate. The last 5 games he had 2 DNPs and then 3,6, and 15 minutes. He has had one good game with the Pistons out of the 5 he has had double digit minutes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/gamelog?statsId=3322

6. SteveFrancis3

How does that make his play poor? It's not his fault he isn't getting minutes. Everything can't be judged on stats. Other fans around the league could have pulled out stats on Oscar Torres and said he isn't playing well. That isn't true though, he is playing well, but just isn't getting much time (this is all before Mobley and Francis got injured). Jones hasn't had any particularly bad games. He shot poorly in Philly (1-8), but he also contributed with 4 assists and 2 boards in his limited action. He has also made 40% of his three point attempts.

7. bobrek

I never said he was playing poor. I said that to say he was playing well was not accurate. Just as you can't judge that he is playing poorly by his lack of minutes played, it is also hard to claim he is playing well.

8. SteveFrancis3

True. Lets just say he's playing decent. :) All I know is I'd much rather have him at his salary, than Mooch at his grossly large contract.

9. bobrek

I was disappointed when they waived Jones. Last year, Moochie had a couple of phenomenal games, a number of sub-par games and a number where he was adequate. The Rockets clearly do not think of him as a number one guy and to fork over as much money as they did (and for 6 years) to be a backup was not a wise decision.