1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

10 Dead in Oregon Community College Shooting...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 1, 2015.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

America is such a joke country.

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Sweet Jesus! Not again...

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i just watched 10 minutes of CNN talking about this. ugghhhhhhhhgggghhhhhhhh

two men on there were both asked what needed to be done. one said (the other agreed) that what needs to be done is figure out if this was a lone gunman or some type of terrorist plot with more than one individual.

and that's it. that's all that needs to be done. after the next one happens we will i guess need to figure that out again.

what a joke the media is, and a joke that a faction of people in this country accept it for happening so often.

unfreakingbelievebly frustrating.

4. Cranberry_Juice

Is it enough to make you join ISIS? #frustratingIamJoiningISIS#hopeFBIdoesnotsee#PelelovesISIS

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i don't understand where you are coming from?

6. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

shooter was a member of 4chan.

declare he was going to do this last night

http://poal.me/r9k/

Another case of beta blaming girls for chit life

7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

at some point the NRA (read: gun manufacturing lobby) needs to disband. the 2nd amendment the way conservatives have interpreted it needs to be abolished. end of story.

enough is enough. i don't care if you think you're standing up to the "criminals" or the "terrorists" or the "government" or king f&&&ing george - this country's conservative perversion with guns is sick. shotguns and six shooters? fine. every other type of firearm? see ya.

8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Reading that thread where the guy said he was going to do this a day before...there are people responding egging him on and even giving him advice. I hope those people feel unbelievably, INCONSOLABLY ****ty for having done that, even as a joke. Many innocents are dead. The callousness of the internet sometimes makes me sick to my stomach and stuff like 4chan where this type of attitude festers and is encouraged is really an embarrassment to humanity.

Prayers for the victims and families.

Edit: I recognize not everyone on 4chan had that attitude. But from what I have read it seems like a community that has a tendency to encourage total apathy to the rest of the world, which does not help with psychos like this guy.

#28 RunninRaven, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Name and pic of the alleged shooter going around on twitter and reddit...

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

in 50 years the internet combined with new technology will make the internet dangerous place i would think. with things like artificial intelligence, virtual reality, and 3d printing.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No, the question isn't "why?" That's just a way to deflect the argument away from the solution...ban hand guns.

I'm not in this debate. So, please don't direct debates at me. I'm just saying that your post has nothing to do with a solution. It's just a curious comment about how it all happened. It has happened, so "the question is why" it happened is for historians. The question of what to do about it is the primary social question.

12. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sadly, this is our normal now. The cost of doing business by living in the US.

Nothing will come from this. We'll be sad and told that, because some men in wigs wrote down "bear arms" over 200 years ago, this is price we pay for living in this great nation. The right to be ambushed and killed in school is as sacred as the right to vote.

Movie-goers were killed in a dark theater by flash bangs and automatic rifles and we did nothing. 20 first graders were murdered in their school and we did nothing. Devout people in their Bible study class were gunned down and we did nothing.

All because we need to feel "safe" from the fear that surrounds us. Rinse, wash, repeat.

3 people like this.
  13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Well, perhaps those people didn't think he'd actually go through with it? We can only hope that's the reason they were "egging him on."

It's ironic that we hear all the time about how an entire school district will shut down because someone saw a note on a bathroom wall, and we all think they're being paranoid. Then something like this happens, and we find out that he was talking about it on the internet the night before and we all think it should have been prevented because of that.

A few weeks ago, my wife's school was on lockdown until almost 6pm because some fools stole a car and ran from the police in the neighborhood. I thought it was kind of silly, but I guess you never know what could happen.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Have you seen all dem der Mexicans coming across the borders? And them...whatchoo call dem now? Afruhcan Americans? Gotta have my guns to keep my old lady and the urchins safe from them colored folks! They out to get my girls!

Oh, and you ever herd of black on black violence????

Plus, did you know that the gubment is run by a black...er...Afruhcan American Moolsem? Ever heard of Jade Helm?

And you wonder why us good tax payin white folk who never done took nothin from the government need to keep our guns?

15. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

I'm not suggesting it should have been prevented by acting on the internet post (which to me read pretty vague anyway). I'm suggesting that even if you don't think he will go through with it, let's try NOT suggesting to the guy that he should tell everyone he is taking them hostage so they will be cooperative, have them gather in the corner and then open fire so he can kill the maximum number of people. That's WAY different than saying "nah, you'll never go through with it. You're a coward."

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Is there even a good argument for guns being legal other than "herp derp 2nd amendment" type stuff?

17. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Social media and the internet will lead to the downfall of our society.

18. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The most tragically funny part is that some of these people truly believe that in the event of a domestically-hostile US military establishing martial law and FEMA camps for dissenters, they would be able to "stand up" to the most advanced military technology in human history with their home arsenals.

It's a stupefying Rambo complex.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

American military is the greatest in the world! If anyone but Obama, a secret Muslim, was in charge he would send them into the Middle East and they'd take out anyone who wanted to oppose us despite them having tanks, rockets, anti aircraft and anti tank weaponery, etc.

Wait what? Obama might send that military to take my guns? Ha! Go ahead! Me and my boys have enough to resist! They'll never get my guns! The tree of liberty must be refreshed amirite?????

1 person likes this.
  20. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Clearly you haven't seen the documentary Red Dawn.

2 people like this.