1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#1 UK vs #5 UNC Saturday 12pm ET

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Hayesfan, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Anyone going to be watching??

I am pumped, there are a TON of NBA people in Lexington this weekend (as proven by Jerry Buss's son Jesse getting arrested on Friday for alcohol intoxication - that's right LA don't cut Joe Crawford!!! and you won't get punished! ;) )

Should be a good game... I hope its a good game and that the good guys (aka UK) win! :)

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

P.J. Hairston won't play for UNC. They will miss his outside shooting. I give the edge to UK. Will be interesting to see how Harrison Barnes performs against such an elite, athletic team.

UH vs. USM for the C-USA championship starts at the same time. I'll try to watch both.

3. Hayesfan

Hairston's playing and Barnes reacted by getting three early fouls ;)

Very good game so far

Barnes is freaking unconscious - everything the guy puts up is going in... the only way to stop the dude is to get him on the bench!!

#3 Hayesfan, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  4. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Man, what a hell of a game so far.

1 person likes this.
  5. Hayesfan

Man... what I would give to have anyone other than Clark Kellog to be the color on this game - man drives me batty

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

All Barnes shots have come from wide open 3's on either a loose ball or fastbreak. Gilchrist has shut him down when matched up 1 on 1

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

Lamb to the rescue!

8. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Wow, UNC went blank after that block.

9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Anthony Davis with a block 2 win da game!

10. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Henson actually started going the other way I think, as if it was a tie game.

11. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Great block by Anthony Davis but did UNC realize there was still time left? Why not foul Davis?

12. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

To be honest, I didn't even think UNC would make it a close game. UK just has way too much talent, everywhere on the floor. There's nothing they can't do. Props to UNC though on a one point loss AT Rupp Arena.

13. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Why didn't Henson pump fake?! smh.....

14. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Well, in his defense, it was a GREAT block lol. Davis is just so dang lanky.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Fear the unibrow.

Hopefully Teague improves.

Who shot is worse Teague or McAdoo?

16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Bet you're happy, HayesFan :)

Here is the game-winning block by Anthony Davis. Looking like the #1 pick.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6YHzbtIrv1U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Hayesfan

That was just a great game all around... and yes I'm thrilled!

In fact I'm watching it again! Thanks for the clip... I'm about to share it on facebook ;)

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I want to see what Anthony Davis looked like at 6'2". Growing 10 inches in a couple years is bananas.

19. Hayesfan

Well it was only 8 inches, but they have had interviews with him where he said his mom was getting so frustrated because she'd buy him pants and a month later they didn't fit LOL

I couldn't find any picture of him before he grew.. he was a mid major recruit before he grew so there wasn't as much coverage.

20. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

That was a great game. Thankfully as I've gotten older, I've learned to enjoy games like that instead of getting pissed about the outcome. That said, if it was in March, I'd be pretty mad right about now! ;)

re: Anthony Davis and #1 pick... mehhhhhh. Did not really over impress me whatsoever.. or rather did not impress me to the point where I'd want to take him as the #1 pick. Definitely a lottery talent and probably top 10, but he wasn't someone that dominated that game.. and when we're talking about a #1 pick, that's what I expect: domination.

Kentucky has a lot of talent, but the guy who stole the show for me was Darius Miller. I had no clue who this guy was, but he's the spark that helped lead Kentucky over Carolina. Gilchrist is solid but needs to get a lot better offensively.. Tony Allen'ish?

Hopefully we play again in March.. and not at Kentucky to avoid all those missed travel calls! :p