1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#1 The Ohio State University At #2 Texas University

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ubiquitin, Sep 2, 2006.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

That's good to hear. For a minute I thought Austin had a big "For Sale" sign on I-35.

I hope the Austin tourist commission is handing out free copies of Real World Austin epsiode 1 to all Cockeye fans. I'm afraid win or loose they're gonna try and pull some of their Columus antics.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'll be hitting Crown & Anchor around 11. Can't flippin' wait!

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I know they rented out the Erwin Center.

4. updawg

updawg Member

they rented out Stubbs and Erwin Center

5. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Im at north side row 38 aisle seats. hook em

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm pretty sure that I'll be wanting to puke 55 hours from now. :)

7. Buck Turgidson

El bastardo grande.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Never denied that!

9. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

18th and San Jac!

10. Bassfly

Bassfly Member

section 20 row 18.. cant wait

11. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Couldn't concentrate at all this whole week- luckily I'm already done with classes for the week.

The whole weekend is going to be crazy with the influx of people coming into Austin. Tailgating is going to be incredible on Saturday- so many things going on.

I'll be at the game with some friends - Section 27, Row 2 which is basically even with the 25 yard line- I'll be loud, especially towards the OSU bench.

Hook 'Em Horns.

12. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

I think they are both a little bit overrated, but they are the best 2 teams in the country. The only reason I say they are overrated is because their teams from a year were so much better. Ohio State loses a host of stud players to the NFL, and Texas loses maybe the greatest college players ever in Vince Young and the anchor of the defense in Michael Huff.

Auburn is good but it takes a real special team like the one they had in 04 to run the table in the SEC. They got absloutely royally screwed that year, running the table in the SEC and getting screwed by the stupid BCS.

West Virginia's running game with Pat White and Steve Slaton is damn near unstoppable and they will probably run the table, but the Big East is a joke and they won't have a shot at the title.

Louisville is done without Michael Bush, a very good player.

USC is absolutely loaded with young talent and premium recruits, but they aren't going to be in the title picture, although I do think they will win the PAC 10 and play in the Rose Bowl. You can't lose friggin Reggie Bush and LenDale White and Matt Leinart and still be national title contenders.

Notre Dame is the one team besides Ohio State and Texas I could see playing for the title, and I think they will end up playing the Buckeyes or Longhorns come January. They are so well coached, Charlie Weis is so far ahead of the rest of college football as far as offense goes. It might not have looked great agains GA Tech, but they were going into a hostile enviroinment against a fired up, underrated team and won a tough game, which is what great teams do. Brady Quinn didn't play great on Sat. but he is a very good QB, great arm, poise and he is in great hands with Weis. He is being coached and handled by the recent offensive coord. of a 3 out 4 superbowl winning team, and the coach and developer of the best QB in the NFL, Tom Brady. Darius Walker is a good RB, Rhema McKnight and Jeff Samardjia are excellent WR. They didn't lose much to the NFL and they now have more experience on both sides of the ball.

13. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

So, they are NOT overrated?

:confused:

All top-ranked teams play 'into a hostile enviroinment against a fired up, underrated team'. ND did not play like a top 3 team.

Weis coached there last year also and although competitive against good teams, they lost 3 including their bowl game, and barely beat Stanford at the end of the season allowing 31 points. Weis cannot overcome better talent by himself. The only thing they have going for them is an easier schedule this year.

14. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

soon, we will have a battle on our hands.

15. firecat

firecat Contributing Member

I work at a piano bar in Austin and last night was the first night to really get a bunch of Ohio State people in and I must say that I was disappointed in how they carried themselves. I had been around a bunch of Ohio State fans a few years ago in San Antonio for the Alamo Bowl and most of those fans were very classy.

Last night was pretty bad in that there were a bunch of disrespectful trash and trying to start fights. I remember that last year some Longhorn fans were treated disrespectfully in Columbus, so I've tried to make it a point to make the Buckeyes feel welcome here in Austin. Probably most of their fans have been pretty cool, but there are definitely more than a few bad apples in that bunch.

I can't wait for the game though. I'm afraid that if Ohio State wins, APD will have to be out in full force in riot gear.

16. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

The massacre is near. Like the calm before the storm. RIP Texas.

17. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

makers - check
    bloody mary fixin's - check
    rudy's BBQ - check
    ton o' beer - check
    lots of ohio state douchenozzles to make fun of - check

i said gawd damn.... i'm ready to party!!!

18. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

good stuff SWTsig- can't wait to be inside DKR for the game, the tailgating beforehand, and the partying after Texas destroys tOSU.

19. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

The Buckeye fans still have yet to tell me what I should be fearing from them.

The consensus elsewhere seems to be their offense. Well call me what you will but I tend to place a Leinart/Bush/White/Jarrett offense ahead of Smith/Ginn. We seemed to do alright against the greatest offense ever created and we held this same Buckeyes offense to 22 points last year.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

you aint lying. we are starting at 7am tomorrow and I hope I am still alive by game time. we are tailgating next to the erwin center so it will be fkin sweet if we beat the fckeyes and we can talk trash to their horde there. HOOK EM!

and I am praying to god that colt's sphincter isn't so tight that he could crush a diamond in there. even if we lose I want to see a good game.