1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#1 pick post rose bowl

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by thacabbage, Jan 4, 2006.

?

what do you do with the #1 pick now?

1. vince young

125 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. reggie bush

75 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. trade

25 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Even though most could consider Bush had a "off" game, he still had 170 yards of offense alone. The one thing that stood out lastnight (also the one thing I've noticed all season long) is that Reggie never runs between the tackles. He is usually the fastest person on the field and cuts it out almost everytime to beat the defender to the sideline. If you can contain him from the sideline, running between the tackles could be an achilles heel.

2. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Yeh Madison did play Katy, sorry to tell you that. Madison beat Katy and then went on to lose(not sure if it was the very next game or not) in the astrodome... not to mention Vince in that game played special teams, cb on defense, and the QB on offense.

I was going to Katy at the time, watching my friends play against him. They told me later on that he was just a blaze going past them. Also for some reason his uncle was on the Katy side and stirring stuff up, I thought he was pretty cool though.

#62 Realjad, Jan 5, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
  3. BranJ17

BranJ17 Member

What year was this?

4. BranJ17

BranJ17 Member

After some extensive re-search I stand corrected....they DID play and defeat Katy earlier in those playoffs.

My Apologies

5. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

No prob :p

6. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Actually, the OSU that UT beat wasn't exactly the same team; they found themselves offensively about midseason.