1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#1 Pick post Free agency?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Bag0b0y, Mar 11, 2006.

?

#1 draft pick post free agency

1. Reggie Bush

28 vote(s)
    65.1%
  2. QB (Vince/Leinart)

7 vote(s)
    16.3%
  3. Trade down for D'brick

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  4. Trade down for DE/Linebacker (Mario/Hawk)

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  1. Bag0b0y

Bag0b0y Member

with the Cook signing does that signal the possible arrival of Bush to Houston? Is management paving the way for Bush to become successful? I understand that he paved the way for the likes of Pittman and Cadillac in Tampa. Or did they just need a better fullback to protect Carr and make holes for Davis. They just signed another backup quarterback (one which i'm not really enthralled about), however does this end speculation that the Texans are not going to draft a qb? or do they have a trade lined up for Carr so they can start the new QB for a couple years and let Leinart or Young learn a la Carson Palmer??? How about this new defensive end from the Ravens??? Is he a small part of the bigger puzzle before we draft another end like Mario Williams? So many scenarios...So many new questions.......I'm starting to get really excited about the possibilities of draft day as our team is shaping up the next few weeks heading in to April. So far I like the signing of the new DE and the Fullback but not really the QB. I like Ragone and think he should be given a chance. What does everyone else think about the possibilities during the draft now that we signed a couple of new players????????????

2. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Bush!!

4get

Young

Young's out roaming around doing this and that enjoying his 15-min of fame. Doesnt seem to focus on what he has to do, he thinks everything is going to go his way and be easy or something.

BUSH 06'

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Evidence, please. And a Wonderlic score that was graded and/or administered incorrectly and thus completely invalid does not count as evidence for that claim.

4. The Cat

No and no.

Everyone is making far, far too big of a deal out of these signings. If Cook's an upgrade at FB, and most agree that he is, he's needed with or without Bush. It's not like if Domanick Davis is our RB that we suddenly don't care about having a solid blocking FB.

As for Rosenfels, it doesn't really have any impact on whether we draft Vince. He's getting paid to be a #2 man, and if we were to select Vince, it would almost certainly lead to a Carr trade, and put Rosenfels in exactly the same situation he's in now.

The only signing you mentioned that could have relevance on our pick is the Weaver signing. I had grown fond of Mario Williams in recent weeks, but that pick looks a bit unlikely at this point. It's still possible; however, with Weaver penciled in as one starter, in order to fit in Williams, management would have to give up on both Peek and Babin. I could see them giving up on one, and it is a new coaching staff so anything is possible, but I don't think they'll give up on both without giving it a shot.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

So, what's it like to know VY personally? You're lucky! All I know of VY is losing a grand total of two games in his college career, him winning the Rose Bowl MVP two consecutive times and racking up 467 yards in the title game. I know these are all apparently meaningless to most, but I just thought I'd throw them out there.

You know, VY really should've gone the Leinart route. He really wowed them at the combine, didn't he. He made some very accurate passes and really showed off his arm strength. And Bush, WOW! What did he run, a 4.38 40? I didn't realize he had gained so much weight. Those questions about him being a durable back who can consistently run between the tackles were really answered by his combine performance.

#5 Rocketman95, Mar 12, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Dude, even when he retook that test, he sucked.

As special as he is on the field, we dont need the guy...we have other needs to fill first. It will be fun to watch him on Sundays though.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Not as bad as such horrible QBs as McNabb and Marino. They suck!

So, I take it you don't want to draft Bush either. We don't need the guy...we have other needs to fill first. It will be fun to watch him on Sundays though.

8. The Cat

It was as good or better than McNabb, Marino and McNair, just to name a few. A 16 is pretty routine for the NFL. To say "he sucked" on it is either a slightly misinformed opinion or a biased one.