1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#1 Memphis at UH

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DreamRoxCoogFan, Jan 27, 2008.

1. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Free for students...

This is the part where I have to (shamefully) admit that I have class at 7pm tomorrow and won't be able to go to the game.
    And before you say anything, I've skipped that class twice already.

2. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Go Tigers! No offense, I just want the Tigers to still be #1 when the Miners knock them off... ;)

3. RAYRAY

RAYRAY Member

I'll be there for free since I'm a student :D :D :D

I honestly think its either us or Tennessee that can beat this team before march madness begins...hopefully we'll be team

It also seems a lot of students are pumped for this game...I heard atleast 1 person in each of my classes today talking about it

4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OK,does anyone know about Toney's status?

We're on the rise again....the Phoenix baby!

I'll be there with a buddy of mine(and his kiddo) that I used to catch all the PSJ games with.

It'll be rockin.

It will be interesting to see if Penders goes with smallball or puts the big guys inside.

5. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

If you don't already have tickets, good luck...

http://uhcougars.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/012908aaa.html

Public Tickets For Memphis Game Sold Out

A limited number of student and student guest tickets remain for Wednesday's game

Jan. 29, 2008

HOUSTON - All public tickets for the University of Houston men's basketball game Wednesday against No. 1 Memphis are sold out, the Athletics Ticket Office announced Tuesday.

The Cougars and the Tigers, ranked No. 1 in both the Associated Press and ESPN/USA Today polls, are scheduled to tip off at 7 p.m., Wednesday on Guy V. Lewis Court at Hofheinz Pavilion. The game will be televised nationally by CSTV.

A limited number of student and student guest tickets remain.

Free admission is available to UH main campus students who show a valid Cougar 1Card at the Cullen Blvd. entrance to Hofheinz Pavilion. Student seating is available on a first-come, first-serve basis, and students will be admitted until the facility reaches its seating capacity.

Student guest tickets can be purchased in person for $10 beginning at 8 a.m. at the UH Athletics Ticket Office inside the Athletics/Alumni Center while supplies last.

UH main campus students with a valid Cougar 1Card can buy up to four student guest tickets for each UH home athletic event.

6. Poloshirtbandit

Do they still scan Cougar cards at the game?

7. DreamRoxCoogFan

no, you just gotta show it at the student entrance (the cullen side of the stadium)

8. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

can i have link for online stream tonight

9. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Any local channels showing this game? Unfortunately, I can't make it :(

10. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

11. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

mms://a1729.l2168647534.c21686.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1729/21686/v0001/reflector:58676

12. Big Dogg

Big Dogg Rookie

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

UH takes too many threes.

14. supermandan

supermandan Member

i thought this game was supposed to be on espn or something?

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Lil Bow wow is at the game?

16. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Coogs came out strong..11-4 at one point. We did a good job of making the Tigers turn over the rock. Bottom line, we can't stay with anyone in the Top 25 shooting 35% overall and 25% behind the arc, and we certainly can't stay with Memphis if we can't make our shots.

Memphis is vulnerable against an elite team because they struggle at the charity stripe, but we are not in that class yet.

17. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

The Coogs have potential and last nights game just exposed our weakness (transition D)...Plus if you can't shoot, you're not going to win...

NOw we know what it's like to play at that level and the coogs have to be perfect to win the next game against Memphis on Feb. 13th...I think we can steal one in Memphis...

18. DreamRoxCoogFan

i was pissed off man, we came out hot (as expected) and memphis was patient. we couldnt make our shots and we could get rebounds. dorsey had 22 REBOUNDS! 22! come on man! theres no way you could get close to winning with that kind of domination (and thats just one example).

on the other hand, the chronicle took my picture and im featured on the front page today :cool: