1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1 Day Later: How do you feel about the trades now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Haymitch, Feb 20, 2015.

?

1 Day Later: How do you feel about the trades?

Poll closed Feb 21, 2015.
  1. Disappointed at the time and still Disappointed now

30.9%
  2. Disappointed at the time and Mixed now

15.9%
  3. Disappointed at the time and Happy now

2.2%
  4. Mixed at the time and Disappointed now

1.6%
  5. Mixed at the time and still Mixed now

22.9%
  6. Mixed at the time and Happy now

9.6%
  7. Happy at the time and Disappointed now

0.3%
  8. Happy at the time and Mixed now

1.0%
  9. Happy at the time and still Happy now

15.6%
  1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I do have to add that the KJ trade though really does get me excited. If this guy can improve offensively, there is a path to retaining him on a bargain contract, and Ariza can be moved I think it would be in the teams best interest after this year to make the move.... that's IF McDaniels continues to impress and grows as a young player.

You rarely get a chance at a young player in this type of stage of his game that can grow with your team long term. I like Ariza, but I think the Rockets can open up more possibilities elsewhere on the roster in due time by using this McDaniels situation to make Ariza potentially expendable.

2. NotChandlerParsons

Pretty awesome that I get to watch a really good team play basketball, even if they aren't contenders?

3. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I'm not happy until we have a starting 5 of

CP3
    Harden
    Lebron James
    Lemarcus Aldridge
    Dwight Howard (Healthy)

4. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

The trades were slight upgrades, but you can't turn a Pinto into a Rolls Royce with slight upgrades.

The team will still live and die with Harden, will still be starting Joey Dorsey, and will still not win a title.

The upside is no stupid panic trades happened. The worst case scenario would be giving D-Mo away for Dragic, Howard misses the playoffs, Rockets lose in the first round despite Dragic, and Dragic rolls out for L.A. in the summer. I was in favor of going all in as of the start of the season, but it's a dicey proposition with Dwight in his current state.

5. ths balla

ths balla Member

Morey tried to make a sig trade without giving DMO away and that is all I can ask for. It is not his fault others didnt take the bait. Trades have to be mutual, it isnt one sided or like NBA 2k.

6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Think we marginally improve with both trades. Felt that way yesterday as well. I would prefer Canaan to PP, but McHale clearly wasn't gonna play him so PP over bench cheerleader is an upgrade.

Everyone is freaking out about how we didn't get Dragic or Lawson or Reggie Jackson, but Dragic clearly would've been a rental and we have no clue what Denver wanted for Lawson...could have been a king's ransom. And Reggie Jackson is a 14 and 5 guy if he starts. Not gonna take us over the top.

I think people are freaking out more because Portland got a lot stronger.

7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I'm 50/50 on the trades. I really like KJs potential and I don't think Pablo is that bad of a back up PG. He seems to be a very good 3pt shooter something we desperately need.

My problem with the moves he made yeaterday was he is clearly sacrificing going in because of a slim chance at KD in 2016. Jack was there for the taking he was being shopped around and he would have been huge for us. He would instantly become our 2nd playmaker and take tremendous pressure off James. But his contract interfered with a possible KD in 2016 I suppose.

8. CertifiedTroll

I felt upset (not at Morey, but that nothing unfolded for us), and now I just feel drained.

9. dmoneybangbang

It should go without saying that Morey and his staff was probably working the phone more than most. We probably could have gotten Dragic or Knight if we included DMo; this shows how much Morey values DMo. Perhaps DMo measures as an elite or near elite PF/C in the future.

I'm pretty happy that Morey was able to acquire Brewer, JSmith, Prigioni, and McDaniels without giving up any significant pieces. I think viewed in it's totality, we made some very solid acquisitions. Maintaining flexibility to add that next major piece at a moment's notice and wielding a very deep, long, athletic team.

10. dmoneybangbang

It really came down to DMo, as it seems Tjones trade value plummeted after the injury. Morey feels DMo is more valuable than everyone but Dragic, who looked to be a rental more than likely.

Portland really shored up their crappy bench plus Leonard. The best in the west are currently GSW, OKC, and Blazers (on paper).

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

idk but Im fkn starving

12. SemisolidSnake

Where's the option for "I'll reserve judgement until I see at least a single game with our new players in it"?

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

man I wonder if there was clutchfans back in 1995 how some of ya'll would take the movie of Thrope for Drexler lol.

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

obviously meant move #noob

15. Shanxter

Shanxter Member

I am disappointed we did not get cousins

16. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I'm just happy they didn't trade DMo. He's the 7 foot tall Scola, love to watch his post moves. Shades of Dream, without the speed and elite defensive ability, of course.

17. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

If Prigino or however his name is spelled can hit open jump shots and layups that neither Beverly can do on a consistent bases or any other Rocket outside of James Harden then I'll be happy

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

I like the trade, personally for me if a trade will improve the team by 5% 100% of the time I take it over a boom bust trade that can improve the team by 30% but also have a 50% probability of making the team 10% worse.

The reason is time and volume, if you take multiple moves that objectively make the team better then over time your team will be unstoppable, this was how we got Harden in the first place DM got Lowry for Alston here, he got KMart for Tmac there, he got picks for cash here, he traded picks now for higher picks over there etc. Like they say a 1 dollar is made up of 100 individual cents.

OTH if you take big swings you will take 1 step forward now, 2 steps backward later, 2 steps forward after etc. you will never progress. This is why teams like NYC have sucked when had Yao-Mac and still suck when we now have Harden-Howard.

19. beardsanity713

overall dissapointed there were plenty of playmakers available but we chose a 37 yr old...Foye, Nelson, Cj Watson Jarret Jack would all have been good & cheap options...i do like KJ & his athleticism but i doubt he will play seeing as mcfail dosent like playing rookies...i feel like alot of teams got better & we didnt...we might as well have kept the team in tact & just played shved or cannan more...we did not address the back up center bc we all know doresy is poo poo... the jazz are gonna buy out Perkins mayne we could snag him up idk guys overall dissapointed bc i felt like this team with a backup center & another playmaker could have won it all.....

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Some Prigs 3's and some KJ dunks will help exorcise the demons for me.