1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

04-05 Rockets vs 85-86 Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 4, 2010.

?

Who wins in the battle of teams with the same record?

1. 85-86

67 vote(s)
    65.7%
  2. 04-05

28 vote(s)
    27.5%
  3. both teams are exactly the same

7 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Give me the team that actually proved something and took one of the best teams in NBA history to a 6 game finals.

Give me the short shorts baby!

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A really fun one to watch is the season opener for Utah in 1985, where Karla Malone played in his first game in the NBA. Stockton was a young guy coming off the bench and you could already tell that he was going to be pretty good. They had Adrian Dantley, a stud, and Mark Eaton, who lumbered around pretty effectively. The Rockets had the entire team. Ralph, Akeem, McCray, Sweet Lew Lloyd, Mitch Wiggins, Robert Reid, Allen Leavell, Jim Peterson, and John Lucas. The future seemed limitless. You can guess who won the game! :cool:

1 person likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kq4SqgxIKM0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kq4SqgxIKM0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Deckard is making this palatable, thank you for your effort.

Not that my opinion matters anywhere. I've had endearment toward some of the older posters. Older meaning 2002 and back. Even more respect level toward the original members. Still stuff like this tries your patience. Regardless who it is, how can you continually defend an action with its underlying intentions being to ridicule anyone who doesnt vote a certain way?

As usual, antagonism and "representing" are considered 1 in the same when they're not.

1 person likes this.
  5. cuddie

cuddie Member

Shocking! Tinman, once again, ignores the original question to point out something trivial. Since you have not corrected me on my interpretation of your "style", I'm going to assume it was correct. To address your "question", though, I respect the Wu and their music enough to not use them in some vain attempt to infuse "the streets" with the jaded ramblings of some pretentious douchebag. Irrelevancy seems to be your strong suit, be it Jersey Shore references or trying to rap your way out of an argument you can't support.

You ever notice how you're the only "99er" to continually point out that very fact? The only one who uses this clever rebuttal when they can't think of anything valid to say? And how, coincidentally, you're the only member who signed up in 1999 that I have absolutely no respect for?

6. Garner

Garner Member

The 28 folks who voted for "exactly the same" and "94-95" should have a special emblem for stupidity next to their names

7. blink

blink Contributing Member

the summit gives you extra powers

8. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

LOL tinman your r****ded dude.

In your opinion, to be a real rocket fan, you need to have subscribed to a message board on the internet in 1999.
    LOL, let me repeat that:
    In your opinion, to be a real rocket fan, you need to have subscribed to a message board on the internet in 1999.

How r****ded is that? Basing a persons loyalty to a team because he is subscribed to a spot where people make dumb threads like this?

9. tinman

Supporting Member

sometimes its beyond easy.

all i had to do in this thread was:

1. post some teams regular season records
    2. post a poll
    3. post a couple pics of bill fitch
    4. post a jvg pic
    5. post a pic of sura
    6. post a pic of reid
    7. post pics of the summit and toyota center

then I can easily get suckers like you to run around like a chicken with his head cut off on this thread not talking about the topic

it's too easy

10. tinman

Supporting Member

hmmm

it's just a poll.

if some suckers want to battle, i'm not backing down.
    so you get some people who post on topic and some people who are angry at the topic.

i like how some of you put words in my mouth. nothing wrong with being proud of being a 99er.

this is pretty simple, the people who are angry on this post like that ed hardy boy cuddie never saw the 85 team and probably the 05 team play

people like Deckard who have quality posts cause he's actually seen both teams or has an opinion about both teams.

i don't care if it's only deckard and a couple other posters on here, it only appears that they are the only ones who know anything about either of these two teams.

i'm surprised nobody is arguing for the 04-05 rockets, which magic johnson on tnt anointed the next kobe/shaq.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Deckards insightful posts make this at least a 2 star thread but I'm surprised that tinman doesn't have the shame to refrain from the same bull**** every single day.

Might as well go start a thread on whos better between trevor ariza and Kobe bryant while you're at it.

Its funny why I don't see Moes, DD, etc pointing out when they joined..?? Maybe its because the quality of their posts do most of the talking when it comes to their knowledge of the team?

12. tinman

Supporting Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=148025

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yea saying it in a thread called that is the same thing as pointing it out in every post :rolleyes: .

Tinman, personally I don't have anything against you, at first sight I saw much admiration of rocket heroes in your post, but the incessant and irrelevant pointless posts don't exactly do well for your character.

Why not an 86 vs 95' comparison? Why the deliberate stupidity in making this thread? You and I both know of the subtle nature you were trying to touch on, and it has gotten quite trite so I only ask that you find some "New" material.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

you're

15. tinman

Supporting Member

then even a smaller percentage of people will reply to this thread with any knowledge of those teams.

at least posting the 04-05 team brings in most of the newer fans.

also, the 04-05 team is very similar in subtle ways,

same record
    both had 2 all stars
    etc

16. cuddie

cuddie Member

Generally, you don't follow "all I had to" with an extensive list.

It's not about vintage pics, polls, records or any of that. It's you constantly attempting to berate anyone who has a different opinion by calling them a _OF, an Ed Hardy boy or trying to rap battle them on the internet. It's your holier-than-thou condescending attitude, your inclination to decry ANY thread involving past, post-90's teams by starting a counter-thread about a vintage team/player. I would have no problem with this thread if you hadn't made it strictly as a response to the 04-05 vs. 09-10 thread.

It's rather funny watching you kiss up to Clutch at every opportunity and then openly admitting that you troll on his forum.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

It's rather funny watching you not post anything about the topic.

ps. we got 99 votes as of this moment.
    :p

18. cuddie

cuddie Member

First post I made in this thread.

Again, ignore my main points to point out a triviality. I'm going to assume this is because you really have no counter to them, since I've already pointed out your infamous "techniques".

19. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

No,not similar, one team has one of the greatest center of all time, and I'm not talking about yao. Also, the 05 team never make it out of the first round :mad: .

20. tinman

Supporting Member

You said the answer is obvious, yet there's no choice that has been 90% of the votes.

An obvious question/answer would be "Who is Dream?"