1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

04-05 Mavericks Vs. 06-07 Jazz

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TTRocket, Mar 28, 2007.

Tags:
  1. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

Which is the better team? Discuss.

#1 TTRocket, Mar 28, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  2. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Little early for this don't you think? :)

3. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Whatever, anyway, I'll bite...

The real question is the difference between this Rockets team and the one two years back. The one two years back is smarter, but this one is more experienced, balanced and organized. I feel comfortable that this team can beat both the Mavs of two years past and the current Jazz organization.

The only two things I liked about the previous team was Sura's hustle and Mike James coming off the bench.

4. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

Mavs won 58 games that year. Utah won't come close to that. I predict 53-55 wins for them

5. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

i'm confused by your question:

Which is the better team/playoff matchup?

the mavs of 2 years ago is/was better than the jazz of this year. but like RiceDaddy said, we can beat either team ('05 mavs and '07 jazz)

6. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Rockets 06-07>both those teams

7. Sextuple Double

I think both teams are pretty even, but 07 Rockets are better than either team. It's up to them to prove me correct.

8. TTRocket

I personally think the 04-05 Mavs were a lot better than this years Jazz team.

9. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

That Dallas was deeper, more experienced, and just plain more talented than this year's Jazz team.

I haven't watch much Jazz games this year, so I'm not quite sure how Boozer plays. Anybody know if he is more of a post player or more of a jump shooter? It seems like we struggle the most against teams with super quick penetrating PGs/good jump shooting PFs, as those are our two weakest positions. That's why Chris Paul/David West kill us.

If Boozer is more of a power/post player, then I'm not too worried, since Yao will be able to more effectively slow down that kind of offense.

10. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I'm not to worried about the Jazz really, however I know if Utah does have homecourt advantage it will be a struggle, Yao is going to have an absolutely TERRIBLE time condition wise playing in Utah.

Though I think we match up with the Jazz well, I'm not to worried about Deron, Boozers going to get his rebounds and stuff but hopefully Chuck and tired Boozer out a little, Okur's a great mid shooter but hes slow and can only probably burn by Howard thus making him an easy cover for JVG to figure out. Kirlinko will get schooled by T-mac. What I think makes the jazz so dangerous is their mid shooting, they have a great mid shooting team which makes it easy to get the ball deep to boozer alot.

JVG will figure it out we got it

11. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Boozer is definitely a David West type, jumpshooting PF, except much better (shoots 57% from the field) and he rebounds like a madman. I have no idea how the hell we plan to contain him.

12. Pringles

Pringles Member

chuch hayes. i'm more worrying about deron williams. the way tinsly played against us , made me cringe.

13. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

The better team wouldnt be the better playoff matchup so your question contradicts itself

14. ysong00

ysong00 Member

you mean better team / worst playoff matchup, or worse team / best playoff matchup rigth? assuming you are a rockets fan ;)

15. TTRocket

Sorry guys. Yeah I meant worse playoff matchup.