1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“Smells like you’ve been with other men...”

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by finsraider, Aug 29, 2020.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

“Blake is accused in the criminal complaint, which was obtained by The Post, of breaking into the home of a woman he knew and sexually assaulting her.

The victim, who is only identified by her initials in the paperwork, told police she was asleep in bed with one of her children when Blake came into the room around 6 a.m. and allegedly said “I want my sh-t,” the record states.

She told cops Blake then used his finger to sexually assault her, sniffed it and said, “Smells like you’ve been with other men,” the criminal complaint alleges.“

https://nypost.com/2020/08/28/this-is-why-jacob-blake-had-a-warrant-out-for-his-arrest/

generalthade_03 and malakas like this.
  2. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

You seem to miss the point

He got shot 7 times in the back and Dylan Roof had the police buy him a whopper.

I've yet to see compelling evidence he was going to attack police or that he was armed.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

As I wrote in the other thread -- he should be arrested and forced to defend himself in a court of law. The seriousness of the allegations does not give license to a police officer to use lethal force without reasonable cause. So -- that's where the debate should be. Was the use of lethal force in this case "reasonable"?

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The point is not that he should have been arrested, it is the use of excessive force of 7 shots in the back.

DD

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Who cares? Lol

The past doesn't discredit the present in this case.

Corrosion, sirbaihu and Ubiquitin like this.
  6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Totally agree with what you're saying, his past has absolutely nothing to do with what happened, but kinda crazy how society has changed so quickly. Not long ago, sexual assault was considered one of, if not the worst things a person could do and now its "who cares".

7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Well, if you're a star you can grab em' by the p***y

Maybe he was a Star

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

@finsraider we're not interested in your personal life.

9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@finsraider I am interested in your personal life. ;)

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

OP, would you shoot someone for that? Seven times? I don't get what you're saying really.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I didn't mean it in that way, as in to discredit the offense, of course. And it still is.

It's meant in a way that it had nothing to do with the fact that he should have been stopped before he got to the car.

Corrosion and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Rawr

B-Bob and Ubiquitin like this.
  13. finsraider

finsraider Member

it seems we are not allowed to acknowledge both: that he should not have been shot in the back by a cop 7 times, and that he was human trash that shouldn’t be worthy of a protest.

B@ffled, right1, Corrosion and 4 others like this.
  14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is reasonably predictable. Its happened with Floyd and Arbery and in every other instance back to Trayvon Martin.

Once the details get hashed out and it becomes clear the "authority figure" that was being defended did, in fact, act criminally, they move on to the character assassination, I guess to excuse the criminal act because the villain was such a bad man that he had it coming and therefore the "authority figure" should not be bound by anything as mundane as laws.

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

I didn’t say anything.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This is totally wrong, in principle. That he is "human trash", allegedly, doesn't change the fact that he is human and he has rights that should be protected, which it seems you are agreeing with. If a lot of people are unwilling to acknowledge that he has those rights, including the police themselves, then protest is absolutely warranted.

18. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Ya I totally understand and agree, and i knew you didn’t mean it in a way to belittle sexual assault. Like i said, his past has nothing to do with what happened, it’s just interesting to see how attitudes shift.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  19. Senator

Senator Member

All adults get the point of what finraider saying. This is why the cops had to approach him in the first place, he refused, had a weapon, was belligerent and eventually in life, you pay the consequences for your actions. All those BLM is marching for had repeated interactions with cops over and over again, had weapons, pointed them at pregnant women during armbed robberies , then eventually.... had an incident go down wrong.

The question here is - why justify these repeated encounters? No other community or demographic does.

It shows the thankless jobs cops have to deal with on a daily basis. The fact that internet activists will pick and choose sides based on skin color instead of action .. shows why even under Obama there were riots. People want blood instead of bettering lives.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

In the old 2016 days, people used to toss sex offenders in a bucket and wish all the ill upon them. Kinda like drunk drivers times 100x.

That's the mark of sin and shame on his personal record...

Now if he really was carrying a knife (footage too blurry) the courts would've definitely let the police who shot him go free while the city eats a multi million dollar settlement.

That vid is infuriating but I'm not sure wtf Blake was thinking. I still find that police report hard to believe though. With the tasers and whatnot.

Are there body cams? That should be mandatory for those ****ers like masks are for us.

Apparently, it doesn't stop jack **** but both seems to do a great job super spreading bad behavior....

Corrosion and FranchiseBlade like this.