1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“My partner identifies as a non-binary dog”

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Mar 22, 2023.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You'd have a point if one side wasn't passing legislation that makes it harder for trans people to exist.

Like, if only this was just discussion then sure, but we've moved past discussion and one side is taking action. Meanwhile, the side you claim as being 'radical' or whatever have passed no laws or legislation forcing anyone to be trans, use pronouns, or whatever. This side has simply asked that people be respected and if you choose not to respect people then some of us will choose not to respect you. Seems fair. Seems free.

What doesn't seem free is banning books, events, etc etc.

You talk of the middle ground? What is the middle ground when people on the right are openly calling for the extinction of 'transgenderism'?

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Double

#82 LosPollosHermanos, Mar 24, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
    tinman likes this.
  3. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

What difference does the date make? Oh wait..obsessing sounds right from a guy I’ve never heard of on here but apparently has 40 thousand posts in 4ish years. I seriously thought this was Reeko_htown

Perhaps get a life and worry about the time frame I just mentioned over videos. Your time should be valuable!

4. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

The is what I mean, the radical left is out of control!

my attempt at dialogue has failed and it seems there isn’t much debate and there isn’t much discussion.

just pejorative name calling. There was a lot of substance to be had

#84 LosPollosHermanos, Mar 24, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
  5. Xopher

Xopher Member

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

me talking basketball on the same site that you’re on…u watching a man identifying as a dog from years ago and whatever tf this is

lmao

What other nonsense do u spend all day watching?

7. dmoneybangbang

Conservatives are out of control. Y’all are implementing Jim Crow 2.0.

Take some accountability. The “radical left” isn’t imposing legislation, but your side is.

JayGoogle and VooDooPope like this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

And unfortunately your rhetoric shows you are very much the issue.

9. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

The Radical Right is out of control.... and out for control....

Control of what you read, control of what you can say, control of who you can love, control of how you can dress, control of your body, control of the vote.

Power and control is all that matters to the radical right. Conform or else.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Confused at how you took that from my post, where was the name calling?

Just calling it out. You keep talking about discussion while GOP legislators try to push legislation that discriminates against a class of people and then you wonder why there is no 'middle ground'.

Can you show me any legislation in congress or even local from a 'liberal' that forces you to use pronouns or anything similar?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

https://www.mediamatters.org/facebo...rly-two-thirds-interactions-posts-about-trans

It's very clear this is an issue spammed by right wing media. The right even isn't trying to spam issues about inflation because even if it's under a Democrat president currently they know just merely focusing on economic issues allows an in for white working class folks to get angry about economic issues rather than irrelevant junk food politics.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I broke down and watched the vid and I don't think I find it objectionable/offensive for an old ass couple to add some kink in their lives. Good for them. And if saves them some blue pills, mucho bueno.

That second younger couple is more cringe, so I guess we can D&D the **** out of that.

Maybe libs really are too cuckoo tolerant of this behavior. When I used to watch junk cable, I remember watching some couple where the dude had a baby fetish and his wife let him roam around in diapers among other baby play.

I'm personally socially conservative while promoting socially liberal (even libertarian) ideals. I guess it's my confucian upbringing coupled with growing up and witnessing how dysfunctional my parents where as a result of it.

On one hand, I don't like organized oppression through fear and shame, while OTOH I really really like the "nice things" that comes along with people giving a **** about their surroundings rather than assuming "anything goes" and you all just have to suck it up, live and deal with it.

So among all of "this" I suppose one thing for me to consider is finding the common ground for what decency means. I would imagine treating your partner as subhuman a dog is indecent behavior. Dehumanizing? But nooo, he likey! He's a guuud boi.

He's also pretty much indistinguishable from the gimp you saw in Pulp Fiction.

So hmm, maybe "decency" is a Privilege of the pAtrIArchY and treating each other like garbage isn't a "bad thing" if it's consensual. Beats me, but I do feel that flaunting kink and trying to normalize is a couple steps from normalizing depravity. Just mho.

Would I think it's negatively enough to act violently or aggressively against it? Well why is that more normalized than this kooky behavior? That's part of the problem of all of this. We can't seem to find a way to moderate or denormalize this behavior without the urge for physical or emotional punishment.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is starting a thread mocking someone and then accusing others of playing dumb a sincere attempt at dialogue?

I’m ready to have a debate but just mocking someone and getting upset that others aren’t joining the mocking doesnt really a seem like a debate.

if you want a sincere debate let’s start with how much of a problem could this person represent? Is the issue of people identifying as dogs something worth the attention of lawmakers?

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

AroundTheWorld and JumpMan like this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

as I said there are a lot of people who act in extreme ways and do extreme things. Just flipping through my social media front page is full of stuff that is out of the normal.

The issue that I see though is someone identifying as a dog for whatever reason doesnt really affect me. I can certainly say that is strange, mock them, or pity them but for the most part making a political issue out of it doesn’t seem worth it unless an argument can be made that somehow this person represents a threat. I’ve yet to see that argument made.

The most that I can make from what the OP might’ve intended was that this person represents an extreme end of a permissive attitude regarding gender identification and that those of us who have been arguing for acceptance of transgenders should be joining in the mocking of this person and see the error of our ways of where a permissive attitude leads to.

To that I’ll say what I did in another thread on the same subject, so what..

So what if they want to identify as a dog. It doesn’t affect me and I’m not seeing much evidence there is a mass movement of humans wanting to identify as dogs to represent a societal problem.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah I think the point is not to mock people who identify as a dog, but to actually mock people who defend anyone who is transgender - that being transgender is the same thing as some kind of kink. By reducing transgenderism to being a kink, you can justify denying rights to them. You are equating them as someone with deviant sexual behavior for getting off.

subtomic likes this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Transgender is not a kink. From knowing transgenders they aren’t d going through what they are doing out of sexual gratification and it’s one of the problems with this topic they it’s always tied into deviant sexual gratification.

Even if someone though is identifying as a dog for a kink so what..
    It doesn’t affect me. I have no interest in being a furry and no desire to seek one to be a sexual partner. If others want to that is their own business.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I know it isn't I'm just saying that's the strategy

19. Buck Turgidson

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the same as non contributors here acting like they are contributing members

they aren’t

AroundTheWorld likes this.