1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“Kneeling is disrespecting the military/anthem blah blah!”

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Jun 26, 2020.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Just don’t respect them when Putin pays the taliban to be hit men. Jesus I don’t want to label myself as a conservative anymore with all the ****ing crickets that also call themselves as such. This is a level of cognitive dissonance that is shameful. Just watch me give you an example @Commodore @MojoMan @bigtexxx

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They don't give a rat's ass about service men unless they can use them to score political points

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Their president has been metaphorically kneeling to the anthem for three years.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Damn what is he on? He is peaking here strong stuff

Deckard and B-Bob like this.
  6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It’s my go to post whenever some pro Trump person posts something about disrespecting the flag. This was from a Super Bowl Party year.

mikol13, joshuaao and Buck Turgidson like this.
  7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

which issues are you conservative on exactly? I feel you never should have given yourself this burden.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

many conservatives waive the Confederate flag with pride, but Kap kneeling is what is so disrespectful

this Russia thing is huge

Ubiquitin and B-Bob like this.
  9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Pollos is still surly due to the liberal paradise of the CHOP being disbanded!

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

If you really want to know, put in the effort. Not my job to do your hw. If it helps, there’s a thread from this week I outlined a couple points pretty clearly.

11. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

in this day and age where trump and his supporters think that they are conservative i would say labels are pretty pointless. just judge individual issues on their own and ignore the people focused on labels.

trump is an authoritarian nationalist...not a republican and definitely not a conservative.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He's also mentally unstable, a pathological liar, the poster boy for narcissism, clearly in declining physical and mental health, corrupt, and some things I'm sure I'm forgetting. Oh, plus you described him very well politically. Now I remember. He is poorly educated. I've forgotten more history that he has floating around in that befuddled head of his, and that's only one subject he's doesn't know. There are clearly more. That, and he is completely devoid of empathy.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Then why does he appeal so much to those who identify as Republican or Conservative? He is currently the face of the Republican party, and his support among Republicans is at over 90%.

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

Because the Republican Party is no Longer the Conservative party?

It’s just a bunch of cranky people tired of losing at life. It’s hilarious that the same people that were the “tea party” support the most financially irresponsible president of all time.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He is basically the GOD of every white crack pot conspiracy theorist, criminal, mobster wanna be in America
    Honestly . .. these are SERFs bowing to their LORD AND SAVIOR

Rocket River

conquistador#11 and edwardc like this.
  17. edwardc

edwardc Member

i've spoken to several republicans that stated that they don't relate or identify with him and for the first time ever will vote Dem.

Reeko likes this.
  18. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Even the ones with family/friends that are servicemen and women or lost buddies in skirmishes?
    Shortsighted Lou.

19. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Here's the thing with the flag deal - at first it was kneeling then during the riots we see people having their flags taken from them.
    Goodness knows what happens to those flags once confiscated - thrown in the trash? Stomped on?
    It's a slippery slope - next it will be burning them and we all know how we feel when we see religious fanatics overseas doing that.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You can make a slippery slope argument about anything to convince people to remove first amendment rights.