1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“I don’t know how he gets back into the line-up?” – Adelman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Nov 15, 2009.

1. 1individual

1individual Member

Well, I remember Adelman saying he wished he had Yao and T-Mac back. This was earlier in pre-season.

The more blowout games we have, the more advantage T-Mac has.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hey if you can't stand the heat....get out of the kitchen !!

:D

And between you and me, we are not doing SWT justice with all of our mispellings.

DD

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We'll see how things change after a few more losses :cool:

4. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

What we need is defense and presence in the middle. Not another wingman that is a liability on defense.

We don't have a problem scoring.

5. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

This criticism of Tracy McGrady's play, Rocket River, is precisely why I've said that hiring Rick Adelman was the best thing that could have happened to the Rockets.

We got a bit of a sampling of what a healthy McGrady (not a younger McGrady, just one that isn't laboring physically), could become in the offense Rick Adelman is implementing during the Rockets' win streak.

If you're looking to beat McGrady about his head and torso for tossing in a few clunkers offensively during that streak (certainly the final win against the Lakers), than try to explain why the Rockets were able to win those games that McGrady did struggle offensively in.

McGrady didn't take an inordinate amount of shots (averaging about 15 to 20 shots per game), he let other players set him up, there were many more transition points scored, other players had consistent performances from game to game....you name it, the Rockets did it), and the Rockets still found ways to win games.

If McGrady believes that he can't have success without having the ball in his hands about 25-feet away from the basket every possession, again, you get him out of here, Rocket River. Especially with that evidence and experience for him to draw from.

We see six to eight weeks of McGrady playing fairly well in an offense that didn't need him doing an inordinate amount of ball handling and decision-making, with great success, and that recent performance doesn't cancel out what the Rockets HAD to do with McGrady before, when the talent on the team was nowhere near as good across the board as it is now?

When there weren't any other players who could play point guard, or shooting guard, or small forward, or dead?

Again, if the idea from the organization is to move on from whatever Tracy McGrady is or isn't, I have no problem with that. It does no good to not be clear and adamant about it though, Rocket River.

How anybody really believes that haggling around McGrady's situation is doing any good for the team (now or in the future) is just beyond me.

Adelman and Daryl Morey FINALLY decide that it might be a good idea to get some guys who can play on both ends of the court, and somehow, that is an indictment of Tracy McGrady (or yao Ming, whichever one of them you like less....)......

If McGrady is still (even temporarily) part of the plan, then his implementation comes from what it must always come from among teammates. And that's trust, Rocket River.

If the Rockets feel like McGrady can't be trusted to play the way the TEAM needs him to play in order to meet whatever level of success they decide on, than there's no need for him to be here.

If not, than all of this hot air is just making me light-headed.....

6. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Really? ... REALLY?

Isn't there something more interesting we could talk about?
    :p

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

bathroom encounters? *grin*

Rocket River

8. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

Go do it then otherwise let it go.

9. rockets2

rockets2 Member

Moutombo would be handy right now

10. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

Kyle Lowry, who is a heck of a player by the way, is getting minutes at shooting guard. TMac could have some of those minutes and a few elsewhere for a few games. By then it should be a lot more clear what impact he could have on the team.

Morey, I think, doesn't want that to happen in front of the entire NBA as I believe TMac's health is a big poker game to him.

11. daamfsev

daamfsev Member

he can play tracy like what ariza does in game

12. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I don't think well get anything out of a McGrady trade. He is loyal to Houston although seemingly a pain at time merely due to overspeculation. He averaged 16 pts last year on a bum knee and shoulder, if he's really healthy he can help. Remember Rafer leaving? Who had the most assists? He did, 5 a game that's conductive to the team is it not?

Plus He trained with Grover over the summer, who helped Wade come back who's had the same level of injuries as McGrady.

13. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

The Rockets are that already.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We don't really care about getting into the playoffs. We want to be a title contender.

By now, it is no secret that Adelman and Morey don't like TMac as a person. But they are also smart enough to understand basketball-wise that without a healthy McGrady or someone with equivalent talent, this is not a title contending team, no matter how well they "fit" Adelman's offense.

15. redao

redao Member

nice stats but that team with TMAC lost to Grizzlies twice, lost to Knicks, Bucks, Clippers, ....pathetic.

16. rockets2

rockets2 Member

You're boy yao was part of that team to. so is he pathetic to?

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

That's how I read it but of course this Message Board takes quotes to a different level.

18. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

LOL. This message board is worse than an old wives sewing circle. The first two pages of this thread were so predictable. You can guarantee that every little word or quote related to McGrady that slips out into the media will be gossiped to death, discussed and manipulated until it is thrown upon the ever-increasing pile of "evidence" that everybody in the Toyota Center hates McGrady, he is a "cancer" and will never play as a Rocket again.

Only on ClutchFans.NET: Daryl Morey criticizes fans saying that "only McGrady could get criticized for wanting to play", and that quote somehow gets spun into evidence that Morey is trying desperately to trade him.

Try not to injure your fingers there, fellas.

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

lol so true, that pretty much sums it up. This board is filled with a lot of people that love conspiracy theories.

Last year people said he faked an injury because he didn't want to be traded.

This year people are saying he's putting the word out that he's targeting coming back early so he can get traded.

It's sad and funny at this point.

20. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I don't think they are. I know they have just beaten the LA Lakers on the road but we are gonna have games like that. It doesn't matter much.