1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“I don’t know how he gets back into the line-up?” – Adelman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Nov 15, 2009.

1. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I think Tmac deserves one more chance to play with the rockets.

Tmac is one of most talented players in nba history. He was a basketball artist. Honestly, I enjoyed his games a lot before.

I am not sure whether he is able to play like before. But, I still want to watch his games.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yes. Tmac is fun to watch. I agree.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Nor does Yao. The system will evolve to involve Yao.

4. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

I can't imagine Adelman actually saying something to this effect to a member of the media, or anyone outside the Rockets organization for that matter. I agree that it should be tough for him to get back on the court, but I can't see them sitting 23 million and not letting him try to play.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Possibly, Kareem made it work though...

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I agree. As stoic as Adelman usually is, he'd be sure to realize that this would at least negatively affect TMac's trade value (at a minimum).

7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

\
    tmac is one of the best passers in the league.....so it should only be logical if he was to be a perfect fit with this motion passing offense

going back to his orlando days where they ran a transition up-tempo system tmac was a beast

8. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

I'm just glad that none of you on here are the owner, gm, coach and/or players on this team. Between the crazy trade scenarios and the overreactions to whichever way the wind blows, this team would be in terrible shape.

All of us are speculating with no true idea of what will happen. This is an opinion based site, not facts...

I've realized long ago with the Barkley trade and Hakeem break up that I, as a fan, can whine all day but that doesn't have any effect on the decisions of management. Hell, I would like different players out there and/or a different rotation too but it's not my decision. The only control that I have is whether or not I will spend my money, time and/or energy supporting the team. Can the fans on this site find better things to discuss? No one making the decisions about player personnel really cares what you think on either side regarding T-Mac or anyone else for that matter!!! :rolleyes:

Now I feel better, :). Go Rockets!!!

9. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I certainly would say he is not selfish on the court...when he is fully motivated and healthy!

He makes things click when he is motivated.

When he is not healthy, and continues to play offense while dogging it on the defensive end of the floor - then
    he could be considered selfish on the floor.

Off the court - you can call him selfish, period.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe regarding the Rockets. Not in the community. I think I read the article when he was the first time in Darfur. He was really shaken and vowed to return.

11. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Not true. If fans stop showing up to games, buying merchandise and boo certain players it can have a huge effect on management. Of course, sitting idley by on a chat forum won't have any effect.

12. bigreg

bigreg Member

What proof is there that the team is a better team next year when Yao comes back? As this team is currently comprised, it plays in a much more wide open system, which would seemingly better suit a healthy T-Mac and his skills as a scorer and passer than it would Yao, who will bring offense & a defensive presence but will also reduce this team to more of a half court team to effectively use Yao. That big presense in the paint will close driving lanes, not open them. I don't not try to hide the fact that I am a T-Mac fan as well as a Rocket fan, but it is narrow minded and short sighted to say that he cannot help the team while assuming that they automatically become a playoff team and possible contender with Yao back on the floor. Yao is a good offensive player and a presense in the middle but honestly, anyone thinking that Yao puts the Rockets over the top while saying that T-Mac doesn't have anything good to offer this team in a Rocket uniform is speaking from personal hatred that they have for issues outside of basketball and from ignorance as a fan of the game. Nothing personal toward anyone on this board. Just my general opinion of comments that I read concerning T-Mac, Yao, & how the fit in with the hometown team.

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

You know DD. Everey words is reverbed back to tracy is gone or he's a cancer. We know how DD feels about tracy don't we?

14. eslate22

eslate22 Member

its clearly obvious that adleman doesnt want mcgrady on his team, he thinks tmac is done and doesnt fit in with his offensive system, tmac still has some game but i think its time he showcases it somewhere else, with his expiring contract he should be an easy trade, we need to get a solid shooter back, like a michael redd

15. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I would suppose he could say the same about Yao if Yao were able to come back. Yao is not exactly a match for the current play style. But when you have talent available, you use it. If Adelman actually meant anything by the comments (which i think you guys are looking into them a little too much), I think he meant that it's hard to work a guy coming back from an injury of mcgrady's extent, and finding the appropriate amount of minutes to play that player.

16. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I don't see how gets back into the line-up either unless he is absolutely killing it in practice. We have a $22 million 10th man.

17. 1individual

1individual Member

I'm not that type of person who would watch a game of basketball without superstar material. A lot of people who buy tickets to the game come to see a superstar. If this team wants to develop into a contender, it will take a long time. I wouldn't watch a game of the Rockets without Yao or T-Mac, or some other superstar. :)

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We have to look and Evaluate Tmac's game.

TMac is NOT the greatest off the ball offensive player.
    Basketball is more than beating your man off the dribble or rising above him on the jumper.

QUESTION: Can Tmac play and flourish in a system where he does not have the ball in his hands the majority of the time?

When the ball is not in his hand most of the time or if he doesn't get it when he wants it . . . .TMac is not happy [Remember ole boy waving him off . . . .BOOM Traded ]

Team Ball IMO is not Tmac's Strength
    It usually denegrates to TMAC with the ball and his teammates looking
    Either not moving and waiting to get the rebound, run back on defense or maybe get a kick out if TMAC gets jammed up.
    [In before the typical throw the teammates under the bus commentary to rebut this]

Rocket River

19. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

bosh is a great player, but i think we need more pieces also.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Reality 101: McG will have to play in a system where he does not have the ball in his hands the majority of the time; the world moves on. So, too, will ne.