1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“I don’t know how he gets back into the line-up?” – Adelman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Nov 15, 2009.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How to score in crunch time? for example. How to dribble? ;)
    I don't want to start arguing.

2. Rockets9495

Rockets9495 Contributing Member

it's my opinion and the same one the team has

3. worzel gummidge

Thinking about GS's troubles. It began really with Monta crashing his moped/bike or whatever he was using... The easy thing is to blame Nellie.

It'll be SJax or Ellis or both who'll be cooming back. Pre-draft there were worries about Ellis's attitude/behaviour. Those two headcases are 10x worse than McGrady. McGrady isn't even a headcase like those guys just high maintenance.

I'm very wary of any deal with the Warriors.

4. jasona88

jasona88 Member

WOW! i would hate to see tmac go out like steve francis.

5. el guapo

el guapo Member

okay im am seriously sick of hearing chris bosh to the rockets. its not going to happen. if we get him that means we are going to have to give up either scola, landry, or even yao and if you think bout it is it worth it? because bosh has had his struggles.

6. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

LOL. I didn't read it that way personally. Adelman talking about how to get him back into the lineup, could very well mean "tactically" if he comes off the bench or starts, how many minutes ect. Where do you come with Adelman sounding like he doesn't want him on the team?

7. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Good objective post.

8. rockets2

rockets2 Member

I'm on Ricks side. tmac has alot of fence mending to do. adelman was by all reports livid and irate at mcgrady's self made decision to call it a season and is trying to send a very blunt and direct message.

9. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

I just think Adelman must test McGrady before making a decision between using him and sitting him on the bench. I actually have faith in McGrady being serious this time and giving it all he can for the team..

10. choujie

choujie Member

It's his contract year. Even Dampier becomes serious.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Adelman is that you, sir?

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The poison pill might be too powerful to swallow. DM will have to convince Les not to do anything which can hurt us in the long run.

13. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Reading too much into it. He probably just means he doesn't quite know his rotation with McGrady yet, not that he doesn't want him in the line-up. Being second-hand information and probably not an exact quote, it's likely not what it sounds like.

14. texascityman31

Incoming Players
    Chris Bosh
    6-10 PF from Georgia Tech
    28.0 ppg, 11.8 rpg, 2.2 apg in 36.1 minutes
    Outgoing Players
    Carl Landry
    6-8 PF from Purdue
    14.1 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 0.7 apg in 24.3 minutes
    Luis Scola
    6-9 PF from Buenos Aires (Argentina)
    15.0 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 1.6 apg in 30.6 minutes
    Brian Cook
    6-9 PF from Illinois
    0.0 ppg, 0.3 rpg, 0.0 apg in 2.7 minutes
    Shane Battier
    6-8 SF from Duke
    9.9 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 2.6 apg in 33.5 minutes

I think we make this trade, then obviously let Tracy walk at the end of the year. Then re-sign Scola, and use 6-8 mil. a year to sign Mike Miller. Here is the lineup.

Starters: (minutes per game)

PF - Bosh (38mpg)

SF - Ariza (38mpg)

C - Yao (32mpg)

SG - Miller (34mpg)

PG - Brooks (28mpg)

Bench:

PG - Lowry (20mpg)

SG/SF - Budinger (24mpg)

PF/C - Hayes (16mpg)

C - Anderson (10mpg)

15. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

Then why cannot AI teach the young Grizz? It's TMac's contact year. Tmac's priority is not mentoring but showing his value.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why is it always so that folks want to compare AI to Mac? You cannot teach size.
    It does not matter to talk about this.

17. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

It seems like people are lately generally thinking T-Mac is a no no for our team. Wrong, they're just thinking like that because last season Mac wasn't playing well, and that because of his injured knee. But i think he's now almost fully recovered and he's ready to have a good season, maybe leading the rockets to the playoffs, and then getting another contract with the rockets or with some other good team. That's what i personally expect from him. T-Mac's been my favorite player since day one, and many people are saying his time is over because of last season. I really hope this is not true, and i really expect mac to prove them all wrong, because i know he can be a great player if he wants to (and if he can stay healthy).

18. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Or he may have meant that McGrady might not be ready to be a regular rotation player right when he comes back ... or he may have meant that he would have to change his offensive schemes to incorporate McGrady ... etc., etc., etc.,.

There just isn't enough information there to really surmise anything concrete.

19. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

Maybe a bit more than that. Maybe he doesn't see how McGrady's game fits the new style of play. Sure, he can create for himself and others. He has tremendous vision and instincts; but he also functions best when he is the focal point of the offense.

The current offense is built on ball movement and efficiency. McGrady is not a high percentage shooter and he tends to stop the ball. There are times when a team needs someone who can create a shot out of nowhere, and McGrady can sometimes do that. We lack that guy right now who can force the ball into the hole at the end of a game. The problem with having McGrady play that role, though, is that MOST of the game is played differently.

I like McGrady, I really do. He has given us some great play and there are times, like the Dallas series, where he played all out. No questioning his heart there. I hate to see him go, but I WANT to see him go.

One more thing here. McGrady has always referred to the team as "my guys". He feels like the star with a supporting cast. Fair enough at times, but there were times when I found this obnoxious. The "it's on me" comment was, in McGrady's mind, about leadership and accountability. BUT — As a pro, how would you feel being on a team where the "star" makes it clear that you will win or lose according to "his" performance and not the team's? I would be pissed.

So, for those who want to see McGrady back — how are you going to feel if he comes back and refers to "my guys" supporting me with their play or "my team?"

Sorry, but this team has moved on. It is about something totally different right now; and win or lose, it is damn fun to watch.

2 people like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's the old chanson. Micro-fracture surgery scares away those fair weather fans. Iverson is 34 or 35.