1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“I don’t know how he gets back into the line-up?” – Adelman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Nov 15, 2009.

1. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I think Tmac needs to adjust himself to the team, rather than let the team adjust to him.

2. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I like T-Mac, and think he gets a lot of unfair criticism on this board, but this team moved on last year. That why I don't understand all of this coming back business. McGrady as a player just has no place on this team and would be not only be good for the franchise to part ways but also for his sake. He's better as a third wheel on a contender etc. Budinger and Ariza are developing and playing extremely well. This team will be ready to contend when Yao comes back and they bring in some key FA next year.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't think Adelman is as passive people believe. The guy just doesn't often air his grievance directly to the media, but he was more than willing to piss off the Kings team owners, the Maloffs, a few years back.

Webber is a whole different situation, I think. He was the heart of Adelman's Kings team, and Rick might have thought he deserved a chance or liked him personally enough to give him that chance. I don't get the feeling that Tracy McGrady has that kind of relationship with Adelman.

4. Convictedstupid

LOL why are you telling me to calm down? Am I yelling?

If RA doesnt believe he cant fit in, the old selfish Mcgrady is probably the one showing up at practices.

Going to the first would help the younger players, but not at the expense of Mcgrady trying to do it by himself.

5. lemon30324

lemon30324 Member

Adelman->reporter->Mark->OP. Any information passed by 3 or more person privately is nothing.

6. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Right,but if that's what's his only priority he needs to finish,for a player like him,I would rather trade him for some in return than figure out a way to put him back in the puzzle,in which the Center part is missing. :(

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

His role changed and that is all. Why does he have the image of an Iverson? He has adjusted to the systems of all 4 teams he has been on.
    I concede that microfracture does sound scary.....
    The time to part ways has not come yet. We should wait at least a few weeks.

8. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

T-MAC back warrants the playoff? or means more wins than current squad?

It takes five, baby

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I think it's quite possible that many of you are completely misinterpreting what Coach Adleman said. IMO, he's saying "I'm not sure how we adjust the lineup when he's ready to comeback because I haven't thought that far ahead. Not only that, we don't know how much he'll be able to go at the beginning."

Don't let your hatred for McGrady cloud your thinking.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hinder is a hard word to use. You might want to use slow down but this team obviously needs veteran leadership. Tmac with his 30 is still young but a veteran to this team. Lol.... I mean Adelman said something like : I don't know how he fits in. He could have said that to anyone because it is normal to tinker with the roster at the beginning of the season and the current team is not performing well on a consistent basis.

11. Rockets9495

Rockets9495 Contributing Member

I believe it. It's what everyone thinks but nobody can say

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

regardless, tracy will play his first game this year with us. what happens later on, it's up to morey.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good. It's your opinion. I dun think anyone should misinterpret it. He just does not know. He'll figure it out soon enough because he is Rick the Ruler.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

all it means is he doesnt know how tmac fits back in...doesnt mean he doesnt fit or that adelman doesnt want him, just that it's going to take more work than simply plugging him in for 30 mins and letting him go to work.

15. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

It could be that coach doesn't want him back but saying that he doesn't know how to fit him into the lineup is just ignorant.

I don't think he said that, any coach that couldn't get T Mac back in the lineup shouldn't even coach high school BB let alone NBA.

16. Convictedstupid

What veteran leadership does Mcgrady actually supply? What can he teach the younger players that Battier, Chuck and Scola cant?

17. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Leadership???? McGrady?

that's funny.

18. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

That way you're not even giving him a chance! Why not try McGrady and see how he does, and then actually decide, he might be actually good for the team, but by not letting him play one bit, you're just not giving him a chance. Watching the mavs and kings games, i think of how much we needed T-Mac in games like those, and adelman is not even planning on trying him, unfair for mac.

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i don't think he can provide the vocal leadership that shane/chuck can. tmac was never that type of player. but you're seriously joking if you don't think a guy like AB can learn something from a healthy mcgrady.

how to beat double teams, how to slow it down in the half court and know your players' fav spots, how to get better overall when the other defense keys on you... i don't think battier/chuck can teach them a lick about those things.

and maybe ariza can learn a thing or two from watching tracy and knowing more about his limitations.

20. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I am not really sure what they want. From all those interviews, etc with Daryl I have a feeling that they still want to accomplish as much as possible this season which means get to the playoffs.

Actually I think playing in the playoffs this year will help young guys next year.

Btw you really think we are gonna be contender next year? REALLY?