1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

‘Adult Baby’ Cleared of Fraud, Still Getting Social Security Checks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Hightop, Oct 26, 2011.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Mental Illness is real, and if that is the case he should be institutionalized. If you can't support yourself, you get one bed, one room and two meals.

I have zero tolerance for society leaches. He is perfectly capable of working, he capable enough to build all that crap to support his fetish, so he can work.

I make some exceptions for veterans or people who work for years and have a tragic incident cut them down. But for the most part I'm against welfare.

I'm for temporary unemployment if you are honestly looking, But if you have to work an Mickey D's until a good job becomes available so be it, you can't just sit on your ass while we pay for it.

2. Ender00

Ender00 Member

so this is what ss is paying for? People who can't cope with life? He stated himself that he use this as a role playing to escape all the problem that he is facing. I am wondering if I can claim my ps3, my trips, eating out and other relaxing activities as a treatment expenses to a condition that I call life, since I do get stress out really bad due to pressure and stress from working and going to school

I understand he has heart condition but my gosh, if half of the people on disability would have taken better care of themself before they got on ss ,maybe they won't need ss to pay for it. We have way too many safety nets and that is making too many people do stupid thing to hurt themself with.

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

That's ok until you are no longer in your twenties and you get laid off from a good paying job in a bad economy. Then what you see is most rugged individualists have a conversion experience. They feel that they shouldn't have to work at Mickey D's because they did everything right, when unemployment from a good job pays more and because they can't make the house or car or child support payments on the minimum wage, which they never believed in anyway, and besides they are special and they are not like all the other dead beats Fox News and right wing radio told them about.

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Straw red herring man

The SS supports his mental and physical condition, not his coping method.

Though the coping method of babysim he has chosen will probably HOLD HM BACK from seeking proper treatment in the FUTURE. The babyism itself is a "leash" of sort from the CORE conditions. I can't feel too bad for him.

But then do people with psychological issues have to go "cold turkey" and NOT choose ANY kind of coping mechanism?

What if he can't afford proper medication and treatments? Then some people will look at it like GOOD mamas boy aint getting no socialized medicine from MY taxes

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Exactly, Social Security don't pay adult babies when they can function and earn a living.

[​IMG]

6. AXG

AXG Member

No, please don't. :rolleyes:

7. Ender00

Ender00 Member

Can someone please explain to me,whose idea was it to use SS to pay for anything else other than retirement benefit?

8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

people that have some humanity and what passed for Christianity prior to the
    "Christian" right.

Btw some of FICA is specifically dedicated to disability