1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Should Les sell the team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by by78, May 1, 2016.

1. by78

by78 Rookie

Les Alexander inherited a championship team put together by Steve Patterson. Daryl Morey and Les will never put together the moves to bring a Championship to Houston. Spare us all Les... Sell the team and let someone take over that has some common sense ideas about the game of Basketball.

2. by78

by78 Rookie

I forgot to mention that those are not my own words. They are a comment I ready today, and I thought it was intriguing enough to merit a mention. I wonder how many of you guys feel the same, that Les should just sell the team and move on and spare us fans further frustration and embarassment.

3. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

4. omgTHEpotential

My sauces tell me Les is not considering selling the team any time soon.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like your posts.

You know of steve Patterson and his work

6. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

No way. Les is a great owner who brought us two championships. He's a smart Wall Street guy, so selling a team that brings him profit isn't a proper way to conduct business.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Pretending like you can.predict the future is intriguing?

I know almost isnt enough, but let's not pretend like this was their ideal sitiation or their plan...they came.up short on guys like Bosh...its a tough time to put.together a championship team nowadays...look at OKC..that team would have killed pre Lebron to miami...the Miami superteam, Spurs reign, and Warriors invincibility are very unique events that have overlapped lately or followed the other. Its It's tough for anyone outside of that to get a legit shot. The Finals havent been competitive since Harden arrived...except for one when two of those three teams..that trio has been killing it since, minus the Dallas championship.

8. by78

by78 Rookie

9. YaoforPrez

YaoforPrez Member

Thank you for your threads about the huffingtonpost morey analytics article written by a wannabe celebrity gossip blogger and this one that was a copy/paste from a chron.com comment, your sources are insightful and of the quality that inspires great dialogue amongst all of clutchfans.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am just going to say Les cannot give Rox what Rox really deserves

an understanding, patient, knowledgeable owner

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

only if you'll buy it from him for a cheap price of 5 Billion US Dollars.

12. by78

by78 Rookie

There is a difference between buying a house and buying a house on fire. Until these Rockets play like a real team, they don't deserve genuine American dollars.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

If Le$ can accept a few thousand dollars, I'll buy the team from him.

Put DD into management and watch miracles happen.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I wish he would. He's been a terrible owner if we're judging him by playoff success. He inherited that first title team and most of the second aside from Clyde and castoffs like Chilcutt, Chucky, and Grandpa Jones. Les has no patience for rebuilding which has led to countless first round defeats or lotto seasons where we were picking in the teens.

15. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

Team's objective = winning. Les's objective = winning while maintaining profitability.

Not that Les's objective is wrong since this is a business. It's just that we can't make every decision based on winning basketball as every so often Les mandates a decision in the interest of the bottom line. i.e. Jeremy Lin. These decisions have ripple effects as it ended up costing a first round pick to get rid of his contract.

Most people blame DM for all the faults of the Rockets (he deserves his fair share) without keeping in mind that the Rockets have an owner that meddles in the team's affair. Plus when the owner's decisions backfire, it is DM that must take the heat and take the blame.
    Ever notice how DM is always referring to Les as "Mr. Alexander" and always praising him to the media every interview he gives.

If we could only remove him from the basketball operation, we might have a shot.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

5,000... Final offer. And I bring with me the greatest basketball mind, and the man with all the connections .... Jopat/Basketballhollic

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

les finally selling out would be the ideal situation for us fans. but he refuses to do so.

18. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

UT says hello.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

You're forgetting tinman. He'll make sure players like Lin would never wear Rockets (spacesuit) red.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Should Natalie Portman date me?

Discuss.