1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I miss you Donatas Motiejūnas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davidio840, May 4, 2015.

1. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

This was a perfect type of game in which we could have used your talents. I blame this loss on our turnovers first and foremost. Secondly, Jones and Smith. I am sure a lot of you will blame Mchale, but this is on our turnovers and PF position tonight. Griffin abused Jones and Smith tonight. The post ups and defense by Dmo would have helped significantly tonight.

2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

We ended the game with Ariza at center, Dmo's efficient post scoring, free throw shooting, and size are all things that would be extremely useful right now.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

HELL yes, one of the smartest guys on the team, who moves off the ball, moves the ball quickly and keeps the game moving.

We also could use Bev and his 3pt shooting and energy.

Still....when your team is led by Harden, Smith and Howard - 3 guys not known for mental toughness, this is what you get at times.

DD

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Missing you big guy. Get healthy.

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Can we start a thread for Pat Bev as well?

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

From DMo's defense to no D at all against Griffin...

7. OpenLayup-Why3?

I don't know guys, even if DMO was healthy he might not have played, just like the previous playoffs and the ones before. You gotta play Capella who's only attribute is blocking shots in his rookie season but you won't play DMO in his 2nd year. Is Cappela better than DMO was after 2 seasons?

End of sarcasm.

Smith is very inconsistent, so I didn't expect too much from him, but it's weird to see Jones that bad. Or maybe that's the Playoffs Jones we gotta get used to.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Jones barely got any minutes, I would have rather seen him out there than bone-headed Smith.

DMo certainly gives us another offensive option, but do we win with him playing considering our coaching/effort? Probably not.

9. OpenLayup-Why3?

DMO's non stop effort, screening and movement is contagious

10. davidio840

He had no minutes because he sucked ass tonight. Smith was just as bad, if not worse. Dmo wouldn't have been this bad tonight. He would have given a lot more effort. I wouldn't have been surprised if he had fouled out if he had played tonight.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

DMo can have bad games too, but I agree he generally plays harder than Smith/Jones.

If both Smith and Jones are both sucking I'd rather have Jones because he isn't a turnover machine.

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He should be rehabbing and ready to go at any moment...

13. davidio840

While I do agree, I wish Dmo was here. When floptimes3 comes back from his vag injury, it will be very tough for us if our PF position blows hard all night and gives up a triple double to Griffin again next game. We can live with a loss tonight but Wednesday, we have to win.

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

TJones has never played well against the Clippers (with Griffin in lineup)

Thats where DMo would come in handy. Have another option to go at it when Jones isnt doing anything.

D-Mo at center woulda been outrebounded 15 to 2, but he coulda lent a stretch option against Deandre to get him out the paint, maybe open up things for the other PF's.

15. Normalus

Normalus Member

C'mon now. DMo averages 30 high fives, 5 chest bumps & lead the league in towel rotations during post-season. What do you expect more?

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Motiejunas would just fall down trying to defend Griffin or block out DeAndre and miss shots and turn the ball over like the rest of the team did tonight.

17. straight forwar

He held Jordan pretty well the last time they played each other. Jordan was pretty pissed. Next season healthy DMo for the Rockets would mean a lot, IMO. Both healthy Howard and DMo would be huge.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well, they reward that in the NBA now so it may work enough to frustrate Blake at least.

At least he'd have to be guarded.

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Hit him up on Twitter OP, I am pretty sure he will tell you he misses you to. LOL Yeah would have been nice to have him and Bev.

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Not on the freaking boards, Jordan killed us for 20+ rebounds. LOL