1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Hope They Are Not Sacrificing Dwight Howard's Career

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glynch, Mar 24, 2015.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Hey. As a fan I sure want Dwight back for the playoffs. Dwight seems like a nice guy who likes to please. He has come back too early before. There have been a number of famous cases of guys coming back to soon. Bill Walton. Derick Rose? Yao Ming?

Anybody else thinking it might be best FOR DWIGHT to take off till next season. Perhaps have some more injections and grow even more cartilage.

Knowing how long he needs to get into the playoff groove and how they are still delaying makes me think they could be returning him earlier than generally advised.

Maybe at worse it will just be painful and without additional damage and he can right back into therapy and or stem cell injections. Some injuries can be played through before complete recovery. I just don't know.

Better to go out early in this year's playoffs then have another Yao Ming/ Tracy disaster.

1 person likes this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Doctors vs BBS speculators!

Fight to the death!

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Dwight's peak is done. Best to make full use of whatever he has right now instead of postponing to next season.

The trainers, doctors, physios wouldn't give him the green light if he has not recovered sufficiently.

4. RESINator

RESINator Member

He's paid to play. I don't care what he does after the Rockets just what he does while he is here. If his knees must be shot for that championship so be it. I'd rather sacrifice Mr. McHale to please the basketball gods but Les & Co. are locked in on him.

5. baubo

baubo Member

What you say may or may not be true. But why would a fan know the exact situation about his health or be able to determine his future? Wouldn't this question be posed to his doctor instead?

Also, I don't know what went behind the scenes with Yao. But I'm not really sure holding him out following injury was the reason for ending his career so much as a 7-5 guy has only so many minutes before physics catch up. Rockets played him too many minutes. Chinese team played him too much. It was more inevitability than anything else.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He's just tired.

7. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Why don't we just cut him?

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I know doctors who are BBS speculators.....It's mad, I tell you! MAD!!!

[​IMG]

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This is Dwight's career. In the now. James Harden is the best player he's ever played with and Howard isn't getting any younger. If he doesn't play now he's wasting his career.

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

wasnt the original prognosis 8 weeks? It's been 8 weeks

11. delishman

delishman Member

He wouldn't be playing if he wasn't ready.

12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He's gonna be 30 next year, and sitting out while his teammate is playing championship level basketball. You have a ridiculous definition of the word "sacrifice."

13. photojoe

photojoe Member

Bill Walton? Derrick Rose? Yao Ming?

what about Brandon Roy? or Greg Oden?

Sometimes it isn't about a player "coming back too soon". Being able to stay healthy is a talent in professional sports. And, unfortunately, for some players they continue to get injured no matter how much time they take off. Derrick Rose had been cleared by the doctors to play but still waited until after that season was over to "make sure he was 100%" and then the next season he got hurt again.

I don't think Dwight is to that point yet. I hope not. But if the doctors say he is good to go, then we should trust that and let him play.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Given the history of corporate management, its easy to be very skeptical... too easy.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He played earlier this year before he was ready...

That being said, OP is not understanding nature of injury, at least based on what the doctor said. It's not a cartilage issue, so he doesn't need to sit out more time to grow more.

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

From everything I've read it's a pain management issue, not structural damage. Yao actually didn't have pain in his foot, it was structural damage. The same with KD I think. The whole reason the Rockets are bringing him back is the amount of pain he's been feeling post playing has been reduced. It's why I would even be a bit shocked if he was on a minutes restriction. It's more of can Dwight deal with it or not. By no means does it seem like they are rushing him back, they are just trying to use what is left of the season to tune him up for the postseason.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Bone on bone?

18. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Dwight only has a limited amount of games left before he dies. Need to use them wisely.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Nah breh. They patched it up with fix-a-knee spray. It contains teen cartilage and rejuvenates right on spot. Mchale knows when he should be ready, not dwight, But Mchale

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Wait what now? Is this a make-a-wish situation now?