1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors have better bench and 4/5 starters yet McHale causes losses

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glynch, Jan 25, 2015.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

What is interesting is that some of the same folks who think McHale should be fired even say Curry is better than Harden and Dwight is a loser so they are saying 5/5 starters are worse and so are the bench players yet, McHale is why we lost.

How to explain this?

2. NotChandlerParsons

Who said that?

1 person likes this.
  3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

No one is saying McHale should be fired because the Warriors are a better team. Lots of people are saying McHale should be fired, because he is simply not a good coach. That said, as much as I have grown to dislike his coaching decisions and lack of proper planning, I am not voting to let him go without a viable successor. If you plan on firing someone, you have to know who his potential replacements are first.

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

As a knowledgable fan base (for the most part) we want to see progression in all aspects of our team. Mchale made no adjustments in a situation that closely resembled a playoff series in terms of playing a team again quickly. X's and O's are not his strengths and the concern is it will cost us a series. What coach in the top 8 teams in the west is McHale better than?

2 people like this.
  5. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Good job twisting what people are posting. You are ignoring all the other games. We don't play the Warriors 82 times in the season. There are many examples of horrid coaching against teams where we have the better roster. Orlando being a recent example.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yep.

The same people who say fire McHale are the same people who say Dwight is terrible, bench Bev for Canaan, Josh Smith is a cancer, Ariza was a bad signing, etc. etc.

Oh I know. DMo is carrying this team by himself.

7. junk151

junk151 Member

I stopped reading after this.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

We have arguable the best player in the game on our team with the best defensive center as well.This year, we finally added some depth (Harden's minutes have gone down and his efficiency up since) sp... Stop with the excuses.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The talent and personnel are there. The coaching staff have not done their jobs of getting everyone to get on the same program. We are seeing regression this month from every single player not named Harden or DMo.

Who else are you going to blame but the coaching? Look at this Lakers game. We are playing down to our competition, the way a Kubiak-run team would do. Would Steve Kerr take his foot off the gas? The Warriors would beat this Lakers team by 50.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who cares?

Cheer for the team - and if you don't agree, argue your point, no need to be little passive aggressive babies about other people's opinions.

Let's all hold hands and root for the team, the complainers, and the ones who complain about the complainers.

GO ROCKETS !

DD

2 people like this.
  11. baubo

baubo Member

We will also have the 5th best record in the NBA after tonight. This despite that best defensive center playing injured or out for most of the season.

Are you saying that result is unacceptable?

12. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I love when punk ass b****es leave rep with personal shots but won't sign it.

2 people like this.
  13. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Someone called me a b**** anonymously the other day. The irony.

1 person likes this.
  14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

^This I think people like the OP are the worst on here. Just another person who is tired of people talking about reality. They want people to just talk about sunshine and roses all the time so it doesn't interfere with the homer-isms in their heads.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This is something that pisses me off also on the daily. You wanna come at me for not liking Mchale, dont be a b**** sign your name.

1 person likes this.
  16. Mr. Clutch

There is nothing real about what they are saying. It's crap analysis.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So ignore it - be the bigger man - garbage in, garbage out.

Just because you don't happen to agree, doesn't make it crap, just means you don't agree.

At the end of the day, we all want the Rockets to win, we just don't agree on how to get there.

Big whup!

DD

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The whole point of coming on here is to talk about the team good or bad. But you and OP aren't doing that you are talking about other people which means you are full of crap. The site is called Clutchfans, how hard is that to understand?

19. Mr. Clutch

Yes, I disagree, that's why I'm posting that I disagree. It's a message board. That's the point of being on message boards, to post opinions.

20. Mr. Clutch

What's so hard to understand that we are posting our opinions.

I can't post my opinion on your opinion?

But you're posting your opinion of my opinion on your opinion.

The chicken littles have been overrunning the board so it's good to see some pushback.