1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matt Bullard picks the Rockets as 7th seed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Oct 29, 2014.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I guess Matt Bullard hates the Rockets, according to clutchfans...

On 790 moments ago with Charlie p...

"Sounds about right" when asked about national media putting rockets at the 7th seed. To clarify, he ws agreeing with national media, talking about hard the west will be.

"Just making the playoffs" would be a good goal for the rockets who have "taken a step back."

#1 justtxyank, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Sarcasm? That does not seem very Matt Bullardish.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I already knew he was pretty clueless

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Had to be sarcastic right, because that is really not a smart thing to say.

5. justtxyank

Nope, no sarcasm.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Anti-Rockets media bias isn't some dark secret. They freely admit it. Not sure what your point is here.

7. justtxyank

Yep, Bullard can't hide his anti rockets bias.

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Is Bullard known for accurately pegging our end of season placement?

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Maybe that explains the lack of personality in his broadcasts.

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I assume the point of your thread is Bullard is a homer therefore national media isn't biased. National media is biased, they hate Howard and Harden. Some even hate Morey now.

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Not when that media works for the Rockets.

Even if that is their goal in private, this team has no business whatsoever publicly saying that just making the playoffs is a good goal.

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Doubtful.

The Rockets commentary team are most like the overemotional posters on this BBS, who freak out at anything in the national media, and don't think through what the team has done, or is trying to do.

13. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Taken a step back? Maybe personnel in number. We have added Ariza, who has already showed potential in matching Parson's offensive production and has already surpassed Parsons defensively. Dwight looks as efficient and healthy since his Orlando days, and Harden is still on point from his team USA endeavors. Troy Daniels is only doing to develop. I don't know about you guys, but to me our chemistry looks solid. So no, I seriously doubt that we have taken a step back. In fact, I expect a better record than last year and possibly a higher seed. Screw you, Barkley.

1 person likes this.
  14. Slam Dunk

Slam Dunk Contributing Member

What makes this better than a 7th seed team though? We've upgraded our defense at the 3 position, but we've also lost a lot of depth (no Lin or Asik).

15. roxxfan

Losing Lin is an upgrade in itself. Just saying.

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Exactly. I believe Harden and Howard will be better this year, which is big.

We will not be missing Lin and Parsons. We have adequately replaced them.

Asik was our only real loss that wasn't fully replaced.

Overall we lost very little production. We did however lose flexibility if Dwight were to go down. That's about it.

17. basketballholic

I find it hard to believe that a team that lost Omer Asik, Jeremy Lin, and Chandler Parsons and replaced them with Joey Dorsey, Tarrik Black, Jason Terry, and Trevor Ariza hasn't taken a step back.

I know we're all being optimistic about what a great role player Ariza is (he is) and about the massive improvement we're going to see from DMo and Terrence (tick tock...waiting) and about how Terry is still the Jet (he is but he isn't as good a player today at age 37 as Lin is, let's be real). But looking at this current roster......we're not going to be as good as last year. And you will see that when we play the powerhouse teams in the league.

As currently constructed we aren't as good. The good thing is Morey isn't done with this team. He's going to make some more acquisitions. And this team may turn out to be as good or better than last year's team. But presently, they're not. That's all Bull is saying.

18. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

I feel someone with less rep would have been ripped for a thread title like this... anyway

being who he is for the Rockets I'm glad he's not muzzled and has an honest opinion, even if I don't agree with it.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Bullard was saying on paper it sounds about right due to the unproven players the rockets are currently depending on. He also said out of all the top 8 teams in the west they could finish in any order.

20. roxxfan

Who cares?