1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[bballbreakdown] Trail Blazers vs. Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Karolik, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Karolik

Karolik Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/R_s1S1CEBTY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

McHale hating incoming.

2. Bucketfans

Bucketfans Member

I was looking forward to this video. TY :)

3. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Basically we have a very poor offensive coach & we got screwed by the refs.

I like this guy...maybe he should be our next offensive coordinator.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Fixed

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Couldn't even finish watching the video. Just pissed me off even more.

6. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

With all the bad decision is clear who won this game. Foster Portland MVP.

Even when a bad call was made for Portland it actually hurt the Rockets when the call a foul on Dwight who made a basket to them miss one FT. :mad:

7. hollywoodMarine

Not as relevant, but...

2:20 Ref was all set to call the charge but then suddenly just changed his mind??? :confused: huh?? Someone explain this to me... like what could possibly go on in a ref's mind to do something like that?

8. Clarinetmonster

You heard it here - having Parsons guard Lillard, or any PG for that matter is beyond stupid.

1 person likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I have to admit, I don't get that.

10. Bucketfans

Bucketfans Member

The only reason I can come up with is that Mchale wants Parsons to slow down opposing PGs with his good looking face

Mchale: Pretty boy, I want you to look them in the eyes and distract them

Parsons: Hmmkay

11. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

McHale is a potato whats new

12. gotsis

gotsis Member

It just shows that our freelance offense works on regular season, but on tough playoff games it falters. That´s really Mchales fault, is it too much to ask to at least have some plays in the bag to execute when needed.

That said, Harden made some really bad decisions down the stretch and officiating was horrid for both sides, throughout the game.

13. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

This thread deserves 1000 views more so than the hundreds of pointless drivel about Lin or Harden. Key takeaways: McHale is clearly over his head as many expected, where can we sign up for coach Nick, and Scott Foster clearly had an agenda to keep this game close. Wasn't he cited by Donaghy?

1 person likes this.
  14. kastuul

kastuul Member

Lillard save too many fouls and energy in this game because HOU didn't force him to play D.

POR fans complain his D over the season, as same as Rockets fans did to Harden.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Thats funny, my key takeaway was McHale did enough to win the game, but Scott ****ing Foster made 5 phantom calls that basically gave the Blazers the game.

And look, a common enemy all Rockets fans rally against: Scott Foster. What do they do instead, complain about McHale.

16. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

They can't do much about Scott Foster, but they can fire McHale.

Where did you miss about all the bad coaching made by McHale? All the issues about clock control, and switching and defensive assignments. Watch it again.

17. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

This douche "coach" is one of the biggest fa*gg*ts out there. Initially when I watched his videos I thought they were refreshing, informative, and something new from all the other basquetbol videos out there. As I watched more videos of him, it is clear that he is just a random loser who probably still lives in his mom's basement who tries way too hard to assert his "master" or "coach" status. As with most guys of this type, he goes all out to be condescending to most of the players with the exception of a few of his "faves" fetishes. He tries to slam down on the players from all angles possible in an effort to make himself gain a sense of superiority. He is always extremely negative and critical, not because the players or the plays deserved them, but to make himself seem knowledgeable and above and beyond the level of the NBA players and the coaches. His "jokes" that he attempts are terrible too. You wouldn't know he was trying to make a joke until way after the event and only after specially looking for the punchline. Terrible "analyst" whose who purpose is to slam down on all the players to make himself appear "superior" and "better than you".

I remember in that recent interview he had with Harden. He was asking Harden about his shooting footwork. He tried so hard to make Harden be on his side and advocate the "hop", which he advocates so hard in almost all his videos and praises any player who uses it, only to have James Harden again and again shut him down and say "no I only do the 1-2". Then he goes on to try to rescue the situation and says :"oh but you do a mix of those two right?" only to have Harden reply, "no I just do the 1-2 motion". HAHA shame b!***

Won't be contributing anymore to his views.

18. Bucketfans

Bucketfans Member

I agree that Foster did an extremely bad job officiating the game and was a factor why Portland won....but Mchale was another major factor on why we lost....e.g, not doubling Aldrige and letting him having a career night

19. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

No doubt do I find his shamless plugs about the "hop" and what not annoying, he makes very salient points. You denying it and writing a page long diatribe clearly demonstrates your propaganda like prejudice. Clearly you have some underlying issues going on beyond Coach Nick, go find a glory hope to prod.

20. MikeMania

MikeMania Member

Wow, no idea Scott Foster was responsible for 100% of the phantom calls. Did he really blow the whistle on all of them or is he just attributed to them because he is the head ref? If so, he shouldn't be reffing a playoff game from now on.