ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] Frustrated Motiejunas just wants to play
Tags:  basketball, clutchfans, donatas motiejunas, houston rockets, nba, trade Tags
Clutch is offline Old 01-08-2014, 06:55 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/5959/d...wants-to-play/

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
Sweet Lou 4 2 is offline Old 01-08-2014, 06:59 PM   #2
Sweet Lou 4 2
Contributing Member
Sweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28838
The thing is, he just might not be good enough to play anywhere.

"If I had to pick a center...I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Ewing…Wilt. It leaves out a lot of people...It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. People don't realize he was in the top seven in steals...For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." —Michael Jordan

pippendagimp is offline Old 01-08-2014, 07:02 PM   #3
pippendagimp
pippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Sep 2000
Member: #1853
i would feel more sorry for him if he hadn't bricked so many wide open J's when did he get playing time

coachbadlee is offline Old 01-08-2014, 07:02 PM   #4
coachbadlee
Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
I don't blame the guy. IMO, there is absolutely no reason why he shouldn't be playing. Especially since Omer has been out.

Hey Texans!!! Keep #1. Draft Barr!!!
"Are you kidding me??!! That's your point guard!!" Matt Bullard

coachbadlee is offline Old 01-08-2014, 07:03 PM   #5
coachbadlee
Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Lou 4 2 View Post
I don't believe this. He is good enough to be in the league.

Hey Texans!!! Keep #1. Draft Barr!!!
"Are you kidding me??!! That's your point guard!!" Matt Bullard

Rip Van Rocket is offline Old 01-08-2014, 07:04 PM   #6
Rip Van Rocket
Contributing Member
Rip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereRip Van Rocket is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: May 2002
Member: #4070
I feel sorry for him. But he has to understand that roughly one third of NBA players are not in the rotation. He's not the only one not getting minutes. There are no guarantees when you enter the league. The best players play and the rest sit on the bench.

Maybe he will get some minutes tonight.

fattz is offline Old 01-08-2014, 07:10 PM   #7
fattz
fattz is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2009
Member: #43739
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachbadlee View Post
I don't blame the guy. IMO, there is absolutely no reason why he shouldn't be playing. Especially since Omer has been out.
Other than he is not the best choice at this time. We are about winning not development. DMo play is closer to a 3 than a 5 - with or without Asik being out.

xtruroyaltyx is offline Old 01-08-2014, 07:10 PM   #8
xtruroyaltyx
xtruroyaltyx is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodxtruroyaltyx is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2011
Member: #49334
He should be playing pf off the bench.

quatin is offline Old 01-08-2014, 07:16 PM   #9
quatin
quatin is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2013
Member: #56546
"7 footers don't grow on trees". Especially now adays with nba centers.

When you get a young 7 footer that has the athleticism and post skills like dmo, you give him consistent bench minutes or put him in the d league. He needs playing time to develop, it's worth the extra effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Van Rocket View Post
I feel sorry for him. But he has to understand that roughly one third of NBA players are not in the rotation. He's not the only one not getting minutes. There are no guarantees when you enter the league. The best players play and the rest sit on the bench.

Maybe he will get some minutes tonight.

Hmm is offline Old 01-08-2014, 07:29 PM   #10
Hmm
Hmm is Omer Asik -- working the boardsHmm is Omer Asik -- working the boardsHmm is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Oct 2001
Member: #3221
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattz View Post
Other than he is not the best choice at this time. We are about winning not development.
Then why are we allowing the coach the time to develop...?

daywalker02 is offline Old 01-08-2014, 07:30 PM   #11
daywalker02
daywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19255
I at least thought at the beginning he could be a 50%FG and 35% 3 point shooter.

HardenWay is offline Old 01-08-2014, 07:30 PM   #12
HardenWay
HardenWay is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodHardenWay is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2013
Member: #57134
Quote:
That is not true at all. Everyone can see he has the talent to be a regular rotation guy, he is being made to play the 5 when he does not have the skill set to play that position.

He is a 4.

Mathloom is offline Old 01-08-2014, 07:33 PM   #13
Mathloom
Contributing Member
Mathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchMathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchMathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchMathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchMathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchMathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchMathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchMathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchMathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #33940
He's a good guy and a hard worker. Something tells me a 7 footer who works as hard as he does on and off the court, and has at least one excellent skill is likely to be a rotation player in the NBA.

But the staff know more than we do. I have to wonder how with his size, athleticism, coaching and effort why he's not grabbing rebounds at a higher rate. A big problem with being a stretch 4 is that you're further away from rebounds, but that hasn't affected Terrence Jones and IMO that's one of the main reasons Jones deserves his minutes.

I know that if they don't find a trade, he will keep working hard and be a good teammate. Part of me hopes that we don't deal him because I think him and Jones can actually develop to solidify that 4 spot next to Howard without us needing to acquire someone else. At the same time, the guy's development may be permanently damaged if he doesn't get regular NBA minutes soon. We've probably reached the peak of development without NBA minutes.

J Sizzle is offline Old 01-08-2014, 07:36 PM   #14
J Sizzle
J Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJ Sizzle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50387
Has DMO ever really shown he deserves playing time?

rocketier1 is offline Old 01-08-2014, 07:36 PM   #15
rocketier1
rocketier1 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2009
Member: #42260
Sloppy first quarter, gotta play much more solid defense and cut down on silly turnovers.

rocketier1 is offline Old 01-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #16
rocketier1
rocketier1 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2009
Member: #42260
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketier1 View Post
Sloppy first quarter, gotta play much more solid defense and cut down on silly turnovers.
Sorry wrong thread >.<

RV6 is online now Old 01-08-2014, 07:38 PM   #17
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
Quote:
Why not? He'll have trouble on defense, but if a bad team starts him he'll put up decent offensive numbers

My feeling is L̶i̶n̶ Motiejunas needs another year, but team direction has shifted and shifted hard. It goes without saying — this is going to be a very important year for J̶e̶r̶e̶m̶y̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶ Donatas Motiejunas.

JoeBarelyCares is offline Old 01-08-2014, 07:39 PM   #18
JoeBarelyCares
Contributing Member
JoeBarelyCares is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineJoeBarelyCares is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineJoeBarelyCares is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2001
Member: #2113
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
He should be playing pf off the bench.
I agree, he should be getting Casspi's minutes.

s.b713 is offline Old 01-08-2014, 07:52 PM   #19
s.b713
s.b713 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2009
Member: #44521
Well he's getting some burn tonight, Play well Dmo and you shall get your wish soon enough.

mfastx is offline Old 01-08-2014, 08:08 PM   #20
mfastx
mfastx is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finemfastx is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finemfastx is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Dec 2009
Member: #44404
Maybe if he didn't suck in the playing time he got and in practice then he would play.