1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Happy Jeremy Lin Day

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. rokit

rokit Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" lang="en"><p>At the time, we all shrugged. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/JCameratoNBA">@JCameratoNBA</a> Remember this? On this date two years ago, the Knicks claimed Jeremy Lin off waivers.</p>&mdash; Howard Beck (@HowardBeck) <a href="https://twitter.com/HowardBeck/statuses/416728716534767616">December 28, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Every day is Jeremy Lin day on clutchfans.

1 person likes this.
  5. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Kind of wonder what did NY find in Lin that made them pick up the waiver? Was there any explanation from the decision makers of NY at the time why they would gamble on a guy who had been dumped twice by other teams and whose ethnic background did not produce many prior examples of success except for a 7'6" mutant named Yao? And for a point guard?

6. steady

steady Member

wow, it is just two years ago. so much has happened to him since then.

7. zdrav

zdrav Member

He did have some great D-League games. Plus, their PGs were Bibby (decrepit), B. Davis (all but retired), and Shumpert (rookie), right? They needed depth desperately.

8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

In the Linsanity Doc he said that he absolutely killed the pre-draft workout with them. He was really hoping they'd take him with the 38th pick but they ended up using it on Landry Fields.

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Dang CarlH,...You celebrate Jeremy Lin day?
    PPat is going to be pissed!...:eek:

10. Little General

And Shumpert was injured at the time, so they were quickly looking for a pointguard.

11. quizone

quizone Member

12. steady

steady Member

Just did a quick search for Lin, and found a June 2010 article, that gives an interesting preview of Lin now. (At least he's known he had to improve his handles)

Jeremy Lin: I see myself more as a Goran Dragic type of point guard. We both love attacking the rim, effectively using the pick and roll and playing with high basketball IQ, although neither of us are freak athletes. As he does, because I also played some 2 guard in college, I have the abilty to play that position well.

NBADraft.net: What areas of your game do you feel you need to work on the most?

Jeremy Lin: I have been working on tightening up my handles, being more consistent with my 3 point shot, I want it to become one of my strengths in my game.

http://www.nbadraft.net/jeremy-lin-interview

13. yummyhawtsauce

14. mirus

mirus Member

Eh...Landry Fields is kinda worse off than his knicks days as far as i heard in Raptors.

15. Drphil

Drphil Member

Hey it's also my birthday!

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Stupid Johnny Flynn and his guaranteed contract. Is he even in the league still?

17. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

So Fields stolen Lin's draft pick and Lin only wanted to sleep on his couch as a payback. I would have trashed his apartment the next day!

18. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

So I'm guessing we burn 7 candles and hope it lasts until Couch day?

19. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Honesty, I really don't want Jeremy Lin to leave the Rockets, unless we are getting CP3 or the like. Say what you want about him but I've seen him want to get better every day and he is the type of person you want on the team, someone who doesn't give up. I'm not a LOF, just a Rockets fan. So happy Lin day! Haha

20. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

And to think that Linsanity started in Feb 2013, so actual game action is even less.

Toney Douglas was the starter for the majority of the games IIRC, but they moved Shumpert over in a desperate move before giving Lin the chance.

#20 sabonis, Dec 27, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2013