ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] Harden, Howard show signs of real chemistry in dominating Spurs (w/ Video)
Tags:  basketball, dwight howard, houston rockets, james harden, nba, spurs, video, youtube Tags
Clutch is offline Old 10-24-2013, 11:08 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
James Harden and Dwight Howard combined to hit 10-11 shots for 24 points in the first 8-9 minutes of the third quarter. Full video highlights of how they scored in the third:

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/5215/j...ominate-spurs/

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
flamingdts is offline Old 10-24-2013, 11:08 PM   #2
flamingdts
flamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30398
Thanks a lot!

SkyrimOwnsAll is offline Old 10-24-2013, 11:13 PM   #3
SkyrimOwnsAll
SkyrimOwnsAll is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodSkyrimOwnsAll is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51815
i love this team

Rockets> Texans

dje243 is offline Old 10-24-2013, 11:13 PM   #4
dje243
dje243 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2011
Member: #48246
One thing I noticed: On the nice Harden and-1... Dwight is on one side of the basket and Omer is on the other.

durvasa is offline Old 10-24-2013, 11:17 PM   #5
durvasa
Contributing Member
durvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16420
Dwight and Omer looked good defensively in this game. It's not going to work this well against many teams, but I think this is actually a viable option.

Junkyard_Dog is offline Old 10-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #6
Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Apr 2013
Member: #55385
Harden was a monster in that third quarter

KlutchQT is offline Old 10-24-2013, 11:26 PM   #7
KlutchQT
I am a Girl
KlutchQT is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKlutchQT is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKlutchQT is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKlutchQT is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKlutchQT is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneKlutchQT is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2013
Member: #55599
That crossover + stepback on Belinelli makes my heart smile.

"Players want to be comfortable, they want to be lackadaisical, they want to make the right passes and take the right shots. No. When you play me, I'm going to get right up in your grill and let you know it's going to be a long day... it's going to be hell." -- Bev

Ben Frank is offline Old 10-24-2013, 11:26 PM   #8
Ben Frank
Ben Frank is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42726
I think it's time for everyone who was against signing Howard to eat Crow, Asik wouldn't have made half those plays

rocketsmetalspd is offline Old 10-24-2013, 11:35 PM   #9
rocketsmetalspd
rocketsmetalspd is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodrocketsmetalspd is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Frank View Post
I think it's time for everyone who was against signing Howard to eat Crow, Asik wouldn't have made half those plays
No, Asik wouldn't of made some of those plays but it is sure nice having two bigs that can rebound in traffic and defend the paint. Asik just needs to get into game shape and realize this is his best chance to get to the Finals.

awc713 is offline Old 10-24-2013, 11:36 PM   #10
awc713
awc713 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Apr 2012
Member: #50768
anyone else notice asik looking displeased throughout the game? he seems to lack the hustle that made him so productive last year. in a lot of sets on offense, he seemsed to just be standing in the corner...

or am i just making a mountain out of a mole hill

IBTL is offline Old 10-24-2013, 11:38 PM   #11
IBTL
IBTL is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchIBTL is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchIBTL is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchIBTL is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchIBTL is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchIBTL is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchIBTL is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchIBTL is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Nov 2010
Member: #47783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
24 points in the first 8-9 minutes of the third quarter.]
but where are we going to find offense with howard and asik in the game at the same time??

Kruze10 is offline Old 10-24-2013, 11:39 PM   #12
Kruze10
Kruze10 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2010
Member: #47751
Quote:
Originally Posted by durvasa View Post
Dwight and Omer looked good defensively in this game. It's not going to work this well against many teams, but I think this is actually a viable option.
I think it might work against some of the best teams in the league (Spurs, Clippers, Grizzlies) but I agree that on a regular basis, Asik has to come off the bench.

rawool is offline Old 10-24-2013, 11:44 PM   #13
rawool
rawool is James Harden -- racking up the pointsrawool is James Harden -- racking up the pointsrawool is James Harden -- racking up the pointsrawool is James Harden -- racking up the pointsrawool is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16550
Where can we donate to help Clutch upgrade to a HD capture card?

Thanks for uploading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRedemption
I would let Chandler Parsons and Dwight Howard double team me all day.

vator is offline Old 10-24-2013, 11:48 PM   #14
vator
Contributing Member
vator is Omer Asik -- working the boardsvator is Omer Asik -- working the boardsvator is Omer Asik -- working the boardsvator is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18934
The fact that they were able to do this with Asik on the floor is what really impresses me the most. They stifled the Spurs defensively and were unstoppable offensively during that run and got lots of quality shots in the paint. Spacing wasn't an issue at all. I'm pumped!

Spacemoth is offline Old 10-24-2013, 11:48 PM   #15
Spacemoth
Contributing Member
Spacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24898
Howard and Asik will be really important in the regular season when you really need to spell those guys on back to backs. In fact I think that once the season starts, the question won't be "how can we get Howard and Asik to play together" but rather "how can we ensure one of them is on the court at all times?" I might as well guarantee you that if you add up Howard's season minutes + Asik's season minutes, it will be less than 48x82 minutes. Injuries and rest and Popovichian benchings we'll all need a healthy dose of this year.

zcarenow is offline Old 10-24-2013, 11:51 PM   #16
zcarenow
zcarenow is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2013
Member: #54757
Anyone have vid clip of when Howard passed to Asik underneath the basket and Omer got fouled by Duncan doing a reverse layup?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdyKdDqNQ20

dje243 is offline Old 10-24-2013, 11:51 PM   #17
dje243
dje243 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2011
Member: #48246
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBTL View Post
but where are we going to find offense with howard and asik in the game at the same time??
LOL... Asik will start to get his points once he gets back fully into playing shape. There will be plenty of easy dunks for him at the rim. But for now, I like how they just have him get out of the way and collapse to the rim when a shot goes up.

justinh is offline Old 10-24-2013, 11:52 PM   #18
justinh
justinh is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Aug 2002
Member: #6738
absolutely LOVE IT

sirbaihu is offline Old 10-24-2013, 11:53 PM   #19
sirbaihu
sirbaihu is Omer Asik -- working the boardssirbaihu is Omer Asik -- working the boardssirbaihu is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Nov 2006
Member: #20368
I'm just going to keep saying what I've been saying: keep Asik! It's going to be a great season.

treeman is online now Old 10-24-2013, 11:53 PM   #20
treeman
treeman is James Harden -- racking up the pointstreeman is James Harden -- racking up the pointstreeman is James Harden -- racking up the pointstreeman is James Harden -- racking up the pointstreeman is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Nov 1999
Member: #998
Looked like Asik was arguing with Dwight on the court. I hope I misread that, but if not then either Asik needs to get with the plan or we will have problems. Aside from that it looks like they could actually make Dwight/Asik work.

But damn, this is encouraging. THIS is why we got Dwight.He and Harden will feed off of each other. And they open so many opportunities for others. Is there *any* chance that Casspi has this sort of preseason showing without their presence? No way.

Clutch is right - other GMs and coaches have to be getting nervous watching an exhibition like this.