Member: #31352
UPDATE: Blog Post

Terrence Jones arrested in Portland for allegedly stomping on homeless man
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/4635/t...-homeless-man/

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Forme...217775421.html

Come on T Jones!

Quote:
Police: NBA's Jones arrested for 'stomping' on homeless man in Portland

PORTLAND, Ore. – Terrence Jones, a former Jefferson High School star and current Houston Rockets player, was arrested in Portland at about 2 a.m. on Wednesday after police said he yelled at a homeless man and stomped on his leg.

Jones was charged with harassment and is due in court Tuesday at 2 p.m.

While watching the group walk away from the bar, the sergeant observed a man, later identified as Jones, walk by a doorway where two homeless men were sleeping, according to police spokesman Sgt. Pete Simpson.

The sergeant said Jones yelled, “Wake up,” then raised his leg and stomped down on one of the man’s legs. The men were sleeping in the doorway of 114 Northwest 3rd Avenue.

The victim, 46-year-old Daniel John Kellerher, received a minor leg injury and did not require immediate medical attention, Simpson said.

Jones led the Jefferson Democrats to an unprecedented three straight Class 5A championships and played in the 2010 McDonald’s All-American Game.

He originally committed to play for the University of Washington, but changed his mind three weeks later and went to Kentucky. He helped the Wildcats to the Final Four in his freshman year, then to the national title in 2012.

He was drafted 18th overall by the Houston Rockets, but spent most of last season in the development league. In his 19 regular-season games with the Rockets, the 6-foot9, 252-pound forward averaged 5.5 points and 3.4 rebounds in 14.5 minutes.

Sponsored Link
ivenovember is offline Old 07-31-2013, 01:07 PM   #2
ivenovember
ivenovember is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodivenovember is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #27003

DaDakota is offline Old 07-31-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
DaDakota
Contributing Member
DaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 1999
Member: #331
Great - seems like a guy whose head will cause him to never reach his true potential.

Way to show a lack of class Terrance !

New rule DM - don't draft guys named Terrance.

DD

Building the Best Damned Space Sim Ever!

smr6 is offline Old 07-31-2013, 01:08 PM   #4
smr6
smr6 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesmr6 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesmr6 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #50992
*Sigh* At least he didn't curb stomp him I suppose.

Gil is offline Old 07-31-2013, 01:08 PM   #5
Gil
Gil is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodGil is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #52062
Allegedly.

tmac2therack is offline Old 07-31-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
tmac2therack
tmac2therack is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31352
It looks like he was leaving the bar, he was probably just drunk and being stupid like most young kids, Ive done many reckless things leaving the bar before

M.G. is offline Old 07-31-2013, 01:09 PM   #7
M.G.
Contributing Member
M.G. is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Apr 2013
Member: #55187
Oh goody.

megastahr is online now Old 07-31-2013, 01:10 PM   #8
megastahr
Contributing Member
megastahr is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finemegastahr is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finemegastahr is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #31828
why is he in portland?

Lin, Harden, Parsons, ???, Howard

The Real Shady is offline Old 07-31-2013, 01:10 PM   #9
The Real Shady
Contributing Member
The Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchThe Real Shady is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jun 2000
Member: #1554

sleepyazn is offline Old 07-31-2013, 01:10 PM   #10
sleepyazn
sleepyazn is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2013
Member: #55471
Facepalm, alrighty let's look at how D-Mo developing

MourningWood is offline Old 07-31-2013, 01:10 PM   #11
MourningWood
Contributing Member
MourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Oct 2009
Member: #43687
Cool.

coachbadlee is online now Old 07-31-2013, 01:11 PM   #12
coachbadlee
[CBL] Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
Wake up!!! I'm Terrence Jones b****!!!!

ivenovember is offline Old 07-31-2013, 01:11 PM   #13
ivenovember
ivenovember is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodivenovember is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #27003
Quote:
Originally Posted by megastahr View Post
why is he in portland?
He's involved in a pending trade to get LMA to Houston....

or he grew up there.

rockbox is offline Old 07-31-2013, 01:11 PM   #14
rockbox
Contributing Member
rockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 2000
Member: #1746
There has to be more to the story. Why the hell would he randomly go up to a sleeping homeless man and stomp on his leg.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Lie-Statis...ith+statistics

Apps is offline Old 07-31-2013, 01:11 PM   #15
Apps
Apps is Omer Asik -- working the boardsApps is Omer Asik -- working the boardsApps is Omer Asik -- working the boardsApps is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #31831
Wasn't there a poster here (I think it was rocketsgirl, but I don't want to say it was 100% her) who ran into him during the summer league and said he came off as being a bit standoffish and rude? Ever since then I started looking at him a bit differently. You always assume that the players on your favorite team are great people, but you can never really know until... well... stuff like this happens, I guess.

We still don't know for sure what happened, though. I could be eating my words soon enough. I hope so, at least.

mr. 13 in 33 is online now Old 07-31-2013, 01:11 PM   #16
mr. 13 in 33
mr. 13 in 33 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmr. 13 in 33 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmr. 13 in 33 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmr. 13 in 33 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47563
Quote:
Originally Posted by megastahr View Post
why is he in portland?
He lives there

"Any fool with a d*** can make a baby, but only a real man can raise his children" Laurence Fishburne

"Houston Rockets are a fun young team to watch" Walt Fraizer

"You know the game is over when your starters are throwing shirts into the crowd" Sixers commentator

Quote:
Originally Posted by clippy View Post
Paul will flop maybe once a game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillycheese View Post
Time to move Lin to starters. he doesn't need the ball in his hands and will not take shots away from Harden.
He's a better fit.

RocketsFan69 is offline Old 07-31-2013, 01:13 PM   #17
RocketsFan69
RocketsFan69 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47956
its not a bid deal, do u guys the hobo is gonna press charges? lmao
a public defender is no match for a lawyer TJ can afford

AvgJoe is offline Old 07-31-2013, 01:13 PM   #18
AvgJoe
Contributing Member
AvgJoe is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodAvgJoe is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #39870
so DMo gets the starting job?

bmd is offline Old 07-31-2013, 01:14 PM   #19
bmd
bmd is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebmd is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebmd is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebmd is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebmd is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebmd is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebmd is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apps View Post
Wasn't there a poster here (I think it was rocketsgirl, but I don't want to say it was 100% her) who ran into him during the summer league and said he came off as being a bit standoffish and rude? Ever since then I started looking at him a bit differently. You always assume that the players on your favorite team are great people, but you can never really know until... well... stuff like this happens, I guess.

We still don't know for sure what happened, though. I could be eating my words soon enough. I hope so, at least.
1. Maybe he is shy which can be misconstrued for being rude and standoffish.

2. Maybe she just caught him on a bad day.

I wouldn't think too much over one supposed time he was said to be a bit standoffish.

conquistador#11 is offline Old 07-31-2013, 01:14 PM   #20
conquistador#11
conquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18869
what if he terrence was just trying to wake him up?