ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] Recap: Something to Remember: Rockets stun Thunder in Game 5
Tags:  basketball, clutchfans, houston rockets, nba, thunder Tags
Clutch is offline Old 05-02-2013, 02:13 AM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/3809/s...hunder-game-5/

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
D12Eminem is offline Old 05-02-2013, 02:14 AM   #2
D12Eminem
D12Eminem is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51685
Thanks Clutch!
Enjoy GM 6 CLUTCH CITY!!

"Tuck in your shirts, fellas, and let's get to work." (James speaking before his first practice with the Rockets)-James Harden

"We have to impose our will and do what we do." -James Harden

lean is offline Old 05-02-2013, 02:14 AM   #3
lean
lean is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finelean is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finelean is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Nov 2010
Member: #47810
Thanks Clutch go Rockets!

just a word is offline Old 05-02-2013, 02:15 AM   #4
just a word
just a word is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52812
awesome! thank you for the recap!

LosPollosHermanos is offline Old 05-02-2013, 02:17 AM   #5
LosPollosHermanos
LosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Aug 2009
Member: #43443
Quote:
I made the drive up this morning to Oklahoma City and am thankful I did —
Damn...seriously? couldn't have picked a better game to go to though

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFreak View Post
Fans may want to be more flexible with their season ticket money and preserve it for 2015.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Turgidson View Post
The only thing more pathetic than twitter are the twits who aren't intelligent enough to create their own tweets.

YallMean is offline Old 05-02-2013, 02:17 AM   #6
YallMean
YallMean is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineYallMean is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineYallMean is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Mar 2003
Member: #11445
We played a very efficient game. Cut out a lot of negative stuff and kept going with what we do best. The shots were falling for us too. Defensively, i thought Garcia did really nice job on Durant. Cant wait the next one.

KingStevo10 is offline Old 05-02-2013, 02:20 AM   #7
KingStevo10
KingStevo10 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsKingStevo10 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsKingStevo10 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsKingStevo10 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42982
Love this team! Great point Jason said about Beverley being picked up out of no where while other teams struggled with pg issues all season.

Game 6 see y'all there TC gonna be rocking!!!

D12Eminem is offline Old 05-02-2013, 02:26 AM   #8
D12Eminem
D12Eminem is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51685
Parsons quote! LOVE IT! Harden was A BALLER TONIGHT! Ya know Clutch it would have been horrible if we had got swept bc outside of game 2 we've been in every game.

Funny quote, and reaction that was had between the Thunder fan and you. I think ever since game 2, and really even game 3 the Thunder have that KILLER mentality, but I think they are starting to question it. It can be seen in their body language like I said since at least game 2.

Thanks again Clutch. Know you're on overdrive right now. So to take the time for that this early Thanks!

We're going back home baby!

"Tuck in your shirts, fellas, and let's get to work." (James speaking before his first practice with the Rockets)-James Harden

"We have to impose our will and do what we do." -James Harden

sirbaihu is offline Old 05-02-2013, 02:27 AM   #9
sirbaihu
sirbaihu is Omer Asik -- working the boardssirbaihu is Omer Asik -- working the boardssirbaihu is Omer Asik -- working the boardssirbaihu is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Nov 2006
Member: #20368
Nice piece!

Gimmmethemike is offline Old 05-02-2013, 02:28 AM   #10
Gimmmethemike
Gimmmethemike is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #40957
Thanks Clutch I enjoyed this reading very much!

Fair Dinkum is offline Old 05-02-2013, 02:30 AM   #11
Fair Dinkum
Fair Dinkum is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodFair Dinkum is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2013
Member: #54978
Nice article Clutch.

Thank you!

I like the tone of your piece!

sophiaaa19 is offline Old 05-02-2013, 02:33 AM   #12
sophiaaa19
sophiaaa19 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52994
I really liked the tidbit about the elevator okc fan, shoulda just shouted to them that you were a rockets fan lol im sure they can take it

CometsWin is offline Old 05-02-2013, 02:34 AM   #13
CometsWin
Contributing Member
CometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: May 2000
Member: #1451
Can't believe you drove up there. Damn...

Great write up! Think D12 was watching?

Deckard is online now Old 05-02-2013, 02:34 AM   #14
Deckard
Contributing Member
Deckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 2002
Member: #3612
Nothing’s “done” here. The Rockets are a long ways away from winning this series as they are still pretty big underdogs, but they’ve made real progress on a big stage here, and for a young team like this, that’s everything. After Game 3, there wasn’t much to build on, especially with how the series had gone for Harden and the injured Jeremy Lin. No one wanted to say it, but a sweep would have been a waste, a lost opportunity. Now we’ve got something: A superstar effort from Parsons. Another from Harden. Role players are making key contributions. There are notches on their belt now, valuable experience being gained.

They can see it, we can see it and, more importantly, Dwight Howard and other free agents can see it. There’s a lot of fight left in the Rockets still, but it was never about this season — it’s about the future — and right now, that is being set up quite nicely.

Great end to a terrific read, Clutch!

TexasTofu is offline Old 05-02-2013, 02:34 AM   #15
TexasTofu
TexasTofu is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45402
great post clutch!

jocar is offline Old 05-02-2013, 02:48 AM   #16
jocar
jocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemjocar is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #27834
Sooo lucky you got to be there in person. What a great game! OKC
Quote:
standing and clapping in unison to the music like they were trained by some Cold War general
sounds like you were an American spy sabotaging the Red October.

don grahamleone is offline Old 05-02-2013, 03:05 AM   #17
don grahamleone
Contributing Member
don grahamleone is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedon grahamleone is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedon grahamleone is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedon grahamleone is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedon grahamleone is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donedon grahamleone is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Aug 2001
Member: #3034
I made the drive up this morning to Oklahoma City and am thankful I did — it was en exhilarating experience to be here live. I’ve been to numerous Rocket games in my life that have been just tremendous to witness in person, but there’s something uniquely thrilling about watching your favorite team on the road in front of 18K+ fans that want to rip them to shreds. Because of that atmosphere and the do-or-die stakes, that had to be one of the best experiences I’ve ever had watching the Rockets live.

Patrick Beverley is all-out, all the time. Gutsy, energetic, battle-tested… this guy is not playing like any rookie I know. I thought he played very well despite a chorus of boos every time he touched the ball. He logged 39 minutes, finishing with 14 points and 8 boards, and knocked down a couple of big threes. I think Jason Friedman of Rockets.com made a great point when he tweeted, “With teams like Utah, Dallas and others so desperate for a point guard all year, the Rockets signed a readily available Beverley.” There are a number of teams with lousy backup point guards (and a few starting point guards) and the Rockets scooped one up from Russia who has stepped right in to start and is playing well enough to be a podium invite after playoff games. This is a major credit to Daryl Morey and staff… and it’s worth another reminder that he’s signed for two more years at a bargain price.

Hung on every word. Great work and thank you.

ROCKET RICH NYC is offline Old 05-02-2013, 04:10 AM   #18
ROCKET RICH NYC
Contributing Member
ROCKET RICH NYC is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #25
Clutch, the "trained" atmosphere you spoke about in OKC is no coincidence. Their Game Operations Manager came from the Rockets. John Leach was with the Rockets during the championship years and in the beginning of Toyota Center before taking the job with the Thunder. They put on quite a presentation with their fans don't they?

Deckard is online now Old 05-02-2013, 04:21 AM   #19
Deckard
Contributing Member
Deckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 2002
Member: #3612
It was freaky just how much those T-Shirts they handed out to the crowd matched the team colors on the court. I'm not sure if I've ever seen it done better. I can only imagine what it must have been like for you lucky devils that went up there for the game. Sorta like a sci-fi flick wth drama, danger, near disaster, and at last a happy ending. Martin and Fish certainly look like aliens. Hell, Fisher looks like a weasel.

Rotten Fish Fisher, the Weasel. Already looking for his next team.

josephnicks is offline Old 05-02-2013, 04:34 AM   #20
josephnicks
josephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejosephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejosephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejosephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejosephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejosephnicks is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47394
okc fans do a good job of showing up on time and participating, they remind me of jazz fans. as great as jazz fans were for the hometeam, the ESA has been dead the past couple of seasons.. okc fans are a kid with a new toy, thats whats really going on here.. i still think that franchise is destined to become another cleveland, charlotte, portland, sacramento type nba city. small market anti-free agent destination. well see if they continue being the "best fans in the nba" once this window closes..