ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[Game 2] Kendrick Perkins holding back Chandler Parsons for Sefolosha 3
Tags:  basketball, chandler parsons, houston rockets, nba, youtube Tags
dmenacela is offline Old 04-25-2013, 12:40 AM   #1
dmenacela
Contributing Member
dmenacela is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finedmenacela is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #8873
Cheap play by Perkins

Sponsored Link
alex_eg6 is offline Old 04-25-2013, 12:41 AM   #2
alex_eg6
alex_eg6 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33582
that infuriated me

crimmy88 is offline Old 04-25-2013, 12:43 AM   #3
crimmy88
crimmy88 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #26781
KG has taught him well

LCII is offline Old 04-25-2013, 12:43 AM   #4
LCII
Contributing Member
LCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Nov 2006
Member: #20646
Perkins is just a fat chick who doesnt wanna let handsome Parsons go

hubeijames is offline Old 04-25-2013, 12:44 AM   #5
hubeijames
hubeijames is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2013
Member: #54581
You'd think this idiot is a complete liability for OKC's offense, but in plays like this he shows his value.

A_3PO is online now Old 04-25-2013, 12:46 AM   #6
A_3PO
A_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Apr 2006
Member: #17945
Perk is a jerkhead but the refs should be fined or banned for blowing the call. Unbelievable! They just cannot miss something that blatant at a decisive point in a game.

A travesty. Not that it would help, but the NBA should issue a public statement admitting the failure and the ref(s) in the sight line on that play should be sent home for the rest of the playoffs.

Refs must be held accountable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clippy View Post
I only take it far because Kobe is so overrated. He has never positively impacted his team despite winning tons of press and accolades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clippy View Post
[Chris] Paul will flop maybe once or twice a game

Pieman2005 is offline Old 04-25-2013, 12:46 AM   #7
Pieman2005
Pieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPieman2005 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Sep 2009
Member: #43599
I can't believe it was right in front of the ref

Germany - 7
Brazil - 1

My autographed Trevor Ariza jersey isn't useless anymore!

DeAleck is offline Old 04-25-2013, 12:50 AM   #8
DeAleck
Contributing Member
DeAleck is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineDeAleck is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineDeAleck is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2003
Member: #12637
It was a dirty play... However, I am not sure how much difference it would have made. Sefolosha was covered by Beverly on that play, not by Parsons. Parsons was far away from Sefolosha, and he wasn't going to get there in time.

It was a dirty place though. I am hoping for permanent ban from the league and possibly public execution of Perkins.

yunac010 is offline Old 04-25-2013, 12:50 AM   #9
yunac010
yunac010 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52474
Ah, so that's why they continue playing him in crunch time even though he was killing them.

metrichalo is offline Old 04-25-2013, 12:51 AM   #10
metrichalo
metrichalo is Royce White -- lots of promise, bad first impression
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52816
Freaking cheater. Payback in game 3.

flamingdts is offline Old 04-25-2013, 12:53 AM   #11
flamingdts
flamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30398
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAleck View Post
It was a dirty play... However, I am not sure how much difference it would have made. Sefolosha was covered by Beverly on that play, not by Parsons. Parsons was far away from Sefolosha, and he wasn't going to get there in time.

It was a dirty place though. I am hoping for permanent ban from the league and possibly public execution of Perkins.
I think he was going to get there in time.

Maybe not enough to give it a legitimate contest, but he would have been able to close out on him.

The difference here is Sefolosha had a wide open shot with no pressure. Had Perkins not held Parsons, there would be defensive pressure.

Sefolosha took roughly 2 whole seconds to shoot, Parsons was already on his way. Parsons would have definitely closed out and added pressure to the shot.

tehG l i d e is offline Old 04-25-2013, 12:55 AM   #12
tehG l i d e
tehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36626
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_3PO View Post
Perk is a jerkhead but the refs should be fined or banned for blowing the call. Unbelievable! They just cannot miss something that blatant at a decisive point in a game.

A travesty. Not that it would help, but the NBA should issue a public statement admitting the failure and the ref(s) in the sight line on that play should be sent home for the rest of the playoffs.

Refs must be held accountable.
I can't tell if this is sarcasm.

archinkent is online now Old 04-25-2013, 12:56 AM   #13
archinkent
archinkent is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2008
Member: #35422
Who was Harden guarding?

pnr is offline Old 04-25-2013, 12:58 AM   #14
pnr
pnr is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodpnr is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #51940
Lol Harden just standing there.. sigh..

Oh and screw Perkins. The rigged league enables his behavior. He probably knew he would get away with it.

J.R. is offline Old 04-25-2013, 12:59 AM   #15
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32628
Fake tough guy. I hope OKC amnesties his ***. Scratch that, I hope they keep him & Scott Brooks continues to play him big minutes and they lose (in the later rounds).

Scolandry is offline Old 04-25-2013, 01:00 AM   #16
Scolandry
Scolandry is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #30737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehG l i d e View Post
I can't tell if this is sarcasm.
How's it even sarcasm at all?

TreeRollins is offline Old 04-25-2013, 01:01 AM   #17
TreeRollins
Contributing Member
TreeRollins is Omer Asik -- working the boardsTreeRollins is Omer Asik -- working the boardsTreeRollins is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Nov 2006
Member: #20533
No way the refs didn't see this... I can only guess that they didn't think parsons would make it out to challenge the shot in time. Complete BS

shortfuse3 is offline Old 04-25-2013, 01:02 AM   #18
shortfuse3
shortfuse3 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodshortfuse3 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33297
First off that wasn't a "dirty" play. A dirty play is when you try and injure someone like sticking your foot underneath a shooter. Secondly what Perkins did happens all the time in NBA games. It was just highlighted here because we got to see it in slow motion, but in real time NOONE was able to see it.

SwellyExpress is offline Old 04-25-2013, 01:02 AM   #19
SwellyExpress
SwellyExpress is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50369
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAleck View Post

still having a guy run out at you can change your shot.. he would've had to speed up the shot rather than taking his time and he could have missed. We'll never know

Go rockets

Rockets12 is offline Old 04-25-2013, 01:10 AM   #20
Rockets12
Rockets12 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineRockets12 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineRockets12 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2011
Member: #48390
Wow right in front of the ref. wow just wow