ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Omri Casspi to sign with Houston?
Tags:  basketball, houston, houston rockets, memphis, nba, omri casspi, roster, rumors Tags
megastahr is online now Old 02-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
megastahr
Contributing Member
megastahr is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmegastahr is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmegastahr is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #31828
http://sports.walla.co.il/?w=/151/2619195

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopshype
Omri Casspi wants to have a buyout within 2-3 days and join either Memphis or Houston. He won't take a buyout if he doesn't have a deal in place. Walla Sport
Just thought this interesting and good another forward with 3pt shot to stretch the floor. Could be good use of our final roster spot.

I know a couple of years a he was ranked right up there with gallanari for potential.

what do you guys think?

Sponsored Link
Fullcourt is offline Old 02-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
Fullcourt
Contributing Member
Fullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #28396
More diversity. Melting pot!

ScolaIsBallin is offline Old 02-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #3
ScolaIsBallin
ScolaIsBallin is James Harden -- racking up the pointsScolaIsBallin is James Harden -- racking up the pointsScolaIsBallin is James Harden -- racking up the pointsScolaIsBallin is James Harden -- racking up the pointsScolaIsBallin is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Mar 2010
Member: #45932
**** NO. I live in Cleveland and i have seen how badly this guy sucks, firsthand.

megastahr is online now Old 02-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #4
megastahr
Contributing Member
megastahr is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmegastahr is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmegastahr is Omer Asik -- working the boards
haha ya I thought of that too...we would have the most ethnic team in the league then.

dobro1229 is offline Old 02-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #5
dobro1229
Contributing Member
dobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45354
Might be a better option than a Euro to fill that 15th spot. He can join the team much sooner, and wont need time to get acclimated.

This 15th man the Rockets sign could be very important this Summer in trades. The Rockets will most likely front load a contract to that player and put a team option for next season that can be used in a trade to entice a team to shed salary on a max player they are moving.

This could be a very important acquisition this Summer from a contract standpoint. Dont be surprised if the Rockets offer him way more than he's worth on the basketball court for this very reason.

I doubt they really would expect very many minutes throughout the remainder of the season too.

megastahr is online now Old 02-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
megastahr
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScolaIsBallin View Post
**** NO. I live in Cleveland and i have seen how badly this guy sucks, firsthand.
why does he suck? Is he just not happy and not trying?

I mean he was a higher 3pt% his first year almost 38%

And he has been trapped on really bad teams (kings,cavs) .... could be good for depth if nothing else. Better then honeycutt.

We could drop honeycutt and then try and get another back up pg.

ThatBoyNick is offline Old 02-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #7
ThatBoyNick
ThatBoyNick is Omer Asik -- working the boardsThatBoyNick is Omer Asik -- working the boardsThatBoyNick is Omer Asik -- working the boardsThatBoyNick is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49886
Would rather not sign anyone then to sign him. We have, honeycutt, delfino, garcia, anderson as backup wings we don't need another one.

True PG we only have Beverley as a backup
True C We only have Smith as a backup, and he's more of a 4.

Would much rather put a body at one of those positions then to sign a wing, who has proven to be pretty bad in the nba.

tallanvor is offline Old 02-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #8
tallanvor
Contributing Member
tallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtallanvor is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #25649
If he is willing to accept a very ****ty contract then sure. i'm thinking 1 million a year for 2-3 years with the last year a team option. No way he takes that though. Actually this is probably below some minimum he must be paid.

megastahr is online now Old 02-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #9
megastahr
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
If he is willing to accept a very ****ty contract then sure. i'm thinking 1 million a year for 2-3 years with the last year a team option. No way he takes that though. Actually this is probably below some minimum he must be paid.
They can offer him 5 million for 1 year with team option.

they were talking about it for multiple reasons look for the rockets to over pay a player for more than they are worth to fill that spot for trade purposes in offseason, and a free agent would rather have cash up front and renegotiate a new contract this summer.

kaitanuva is offline Old 02-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #10
kaitanuva
kaitanuva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finekaitanuva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finekaitanuva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33580
Wow havent heard that name in a while. He had a really promising rookie season, then...nothing.

xiki is offline Old 02-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #11
xiki
Contributing Member
xiki is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finexiki is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finexiki is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4978
OC was on Rox radar in past; this did not surprise me. Logjam at 3...and 4!

Clono is offline Old 02-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #12
Clono
Clono is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Feb 2013
Member: #54745
I think the last spot is going to be used in a point guard. If García gets PT, the wings rotation is pretty much covered.

ejarts is offline Old 02-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #13
ejarts
ejarts is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #51423
United Nations Rockets. He should sub for Parsons.

thedude077 is offline Old 02-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #14
thedude077
thedude077 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52829
Omri Casspi is about to show the world he's on Carlos Delfino's level.

Carl Herrera is offline Old 02-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #15
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
Now we have our Hanukkah Night Promotion meet and greet player. Good job.

jtr is online now Old 02-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #16
jtr
Contributing Member
jtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donejtr is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49860
There is absolutely no way that Morey ties up a single dollar of cap room for this guy. He dumped MM to save $1 million.

glynch is offline Old 02-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #17
glynch
Contributing Member
glynch is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereglynch is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereglynch is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereglynch is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereglynch is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereglynch is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereglynch is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2000
Member: #2032
Don't we need another guard?

fattz is offline Old 02-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #18
fattz
fattz is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2009
Member: #43739
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatBoyNick View Post
Would rather not sign anyone then to sign him. We have, honeycutt, delfino, garcia, anderson as backup wings we don't need another one.

True PG we only have Beverley as a backup
True C We only have Smith as a backup, and he's more of a 4.

Would much rather put a body at one of those positions then to sign a wing, who has proven to be pretty bad in the nba.
T-rob is will get his time here if any at all. Yes, he is small for a center can finish and board...

amaru is offline Old 02-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #19
amaru
amaru is Omer Asik -- working the boardsamaru is Omer Asik -- working the boardsamaru is Omer Asik -- working the boardsamaru is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42710
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScolaIsBallin View Post
lmao.

"Who are we? We are the descendants of slaves...We are the heirs of a past of rope, fire, and murder. I for one am not ashamed of this past. My shame is for those who became so inhuman that they could inflict this torture upon us"

- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

IN MOREY I TRUST!

Rockets12 is online now Old 02-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #20
Rockets12
Rockets12 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineRockets12 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineRockets12 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2011
Member: #48390
I thought about caspi but not sure I would really want him unless it's cheap