ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner
coachbadlee is offline Old 01-05-2013, 11:24 PM   #1
coachbadlee
Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
I have to admit, his defence is much better than i thought.
Two nights straight against very good PG's, Brandon Jennings and Kyrie Irving. IMO, he did a very good job on both. He is definitly looking like an all around player now. He is also a lot tougher than i thought.

Good bye Toney Douglas.

Hey Texans!!! Keep #1. Draft Barr!!!
"Are you kidding me??!! That's your point guard!!" Matt Bullard

Sponsored Link
cytrynowa is offline Old 01-05-2013, 11:26 PM   #2
cytrynowa
cytrynowa is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52863
He will be a very good point guard when he develops his jumpshot.

just a word is offline Old 01-05-2013, 11:26 PM   #3
just a word
just a word is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #52812
Agreed on the defense, but i honestly don't think Douglas is going away unless it's a great trade because he's been bringing really good energy when he comes in from the bench.

SuperStar is offline Old 01-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #4
SuperStar
SuperStar is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodSuperStar is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #29917
He's not freelancing much anymore which is very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockieGuy09
What's your obsession with brains?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveFox View Post
i am a young artist men

Jedster is offline Old 01-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #5
Jedster
Jedster is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #53027
Why goodbye Douglas?
Douglas is a great complementary player. If he doesn't move before he jacks up his 3, he has a high percent of getting it in.
There's room in the team for both Lin and him.

2012-13: $5 million, 32 mpg, 16 points, 8 assists, 1 steal and about 2 TOs on average. That's my Linexpectation!

fishguy91 is offline Old 01-05-2013, 11:30 PM   #6
fishguy91
fishguy91 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52329
he's been a decent solid one-on-one defender, sometimes like to overhelp and leave his man open though.

TD actually has been knocking some 3s down at a pretty good rate lately..no?

Jedster is offline Old 01-05-2013, 11:30 PM   #7
Jedster
Jedster is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #53027
The only reason Lin's D is surprising people is because they listen to all the media talk about his poor defense and how he can't go left etc.
It got repeated so often that it became like facts (yes, I'm talking about you Jon Barry).

But anyway, he has always tried hard at D. How could he not when he was always borderline being cut?

2012-13: $5 million, 32 mpg, 16 points, 8 assists, 1 steal and about 2 TOs on average. That's my Linexpectation!

charles_zed is offline Old 01-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #8
charles_zed
charles_zed is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodcharles_zed is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51755
Douglas is still a valuable rotational player. Statistically he's our best three-point shooter and he provides a different look on defense. His defense, while overrated, can be quite pestilent to offensive players at times and he's been able to harass for steals and turnovers at times.

Surprisingly, he's actually improved his PnR game and managed to find others. It's great because we've got a lot of multifaceted guys in Parsons, Delfino, Harden and Lin so even if he's running the point it's not too big an issue if he can't get penetration or force defensive rotations and switches. Still, I'd like to see him play more as the 2-guard because we've got two elite PnR players on our team already, and he'd be a great player to kick-out to for the trey. Too often Morris and Parsons have been cold.

jordnnnn is offline Old 01-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #9
jordnnnn
jordnnnn is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjordnnnn is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjordnnnn is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjordnnnn is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjordnnnn is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjordnnnn is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #45035

coachbadlee is offline Old 01-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #10
coachbadlee
Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
I'm saying goodbye to Douglas in case of a trade .

Ynnis888 is offline Old 01-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #11
Ynnis888
Ynnis888 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodYnnis888 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #52012
There's a good chemistry between Lin and Douglas.

http://youtu.be/IngtBwg4lkQ

nono is offline Old 01-05-2013, 11:33 PM   #12
nono
nono is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodnono is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51885
Don't forget he locked Teague up too.

DreamShook is offline Old 01-05-2013, 11:33 PM   #13
DreamShook
DreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32128
I think Douglas did a better job on Jennings and Uncle Drew was killing him (and everybody else)

I don't think he is bad defensively and I dont think his D is a good enough to warrant its own thread. . I remember him having a very good defensive effort against Vasquez @ the Pelicans after Vasquez revived Western Conference player of the week honors.

conquistador#11 is offline Old 01-05-2013, 11:34 PM   #14
conquistador#11
conquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18869
he still needs the reputation so he won't get called on some really cheap fouls that others can get away with. But yeah he is good at defence, bye bye asik!

muas2010 is offline Old 01-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #15
muas2010
muas2010 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #52765
Glad people are actually watching his plays and not just judging his plays via what's written about him!

coachbadlee is offline Old 01-05-2013, 11:36 PM   #16
coachbadlee
Rookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedster View Post
The only reason Lin's D is surprising people is because they listen to all the media talk about his poor defense and how he can't go left etc.
It got repeated so often that it became like facts (yes, I'm talking about you Jon Barry).

But anyway, he has always tried hard at D. How could he not when he was always borderline being cut?
Also, D'Antoni's system didn't call for much defence either.

holly1985 is offline Old 01-05-2013, 11:38 PM   #17
holly1985
holly1985 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #52663
I like TD a lot. TD knows how to finish you off!

Anyway, Lin did a good job on Kobe here.

coachbadlee is offline Old 01-05-2013, 11:39 PM   #18
coachbadlee
Rookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquistador#11 View Post
he still needs the reputation so he won't get called on some really cheap fouls that others can get away with. But yeah he is good at defence, bye bye asik!
That will come with time. Maybe sooner than later.

holly1985 is offline Old 01-05-2013, 11:40 PM   #19
holly1985
holly1985 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #52663
Quote:
Originally Posted by nono View Post
Don't forget he locked Teague up too.

i meow a lot is offline Old 01-05-2013, 11:40 PM   #20
i meow a lot
i meow a lot is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2012
Member: #53113
Lin only gets destroyed by really quick PG's that explode. He's pretty good otherwise on all others. He had trouble guarding Nate who is a pretty quick player