ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
DuBose: Rockets-Blazers: Behind the numbers

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Poll: Do you want the Rockets to give up on Royce White?
Poll Options
Do you want the Rockets to give up on Royce White?

Royce White refuses assignment to D-League (UPDATE: Rockets suspend him)
Tags:  2012, action, basketball, business, cool! oh wait...it's bleacherreport, fines, head case, houston, houston rockets, jason friedman, league, nba, nba.com, recommendation, royce white, support, twitter, nba development league Tags
Fawkward is offline Old 12-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
Fawkward
Fawkward is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49987
UPDATE: 1/6/2013 at 9:55am:

Rockets suspend Royce White for one week after he refused assignment to the D League (Link).

Statement from Daryl Morey:

"The Houston Rockets have suspended Royce White effective immediately for refusing to provide services as required by his Uniform Player Contract. We will continue to work with Royce to hopefully come to a resolution."

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/12/30/r...ent/index.html

Quote:
An official statement from Royce White:

We say there is such an unknown element to mental health in this country, due to the number of people who are not diagnosed. This element also makes it a tough demographic to support.

I agree.

However, it saddens and frightens me to know that in this situation all the decision makers involved have been informed of all the medical dynamics, and yet still refuse to adhere to medical sensibility. In hindsight of the recent tragedies in this country, that had mental illness variables, you would think it would encourage people to act more proactively in that arena. You would think that decision makers who are not well informed about mental health, would take the consultation and recommendation of those who are. You would think we would start to do everything possible to not let the tragic consequences befall us first, before we ask the logical question, "why?", "who knew?" "how could we have helped?. Why not take a proactive approach of "who knows?" "how can we listen?", "how can we support now?"

I do wish to play, but I only intend to do so with the collaboration and recommendation of trained professionals. The purpose of a doctor's confirmation is to ensure that health decisions are made in the sole interest of health and not conflicted with business. My only hope is that decision makers involved realize that doctors are the only logical source to decide action.

There is an admitted lack of knowledge on behalf of the Rockets and the NBA, it becomes transparent as they choose to forego the knowledge of trained professionals and make independent decisions for something as complex as mental health without consulting any doctors. The Rockets have told me in recent conversations that it is their right to decline even their own doctors' recommendations. The concept of not listening to medical consultants in medical situations is alarming. It is also alarming that a player is susceptible to fines for simply adhering to the recommendation of doctors.

It is true that accommodating mental health can be very tough and complex, however, sometimes the only reasonable solution to doing what is right is doing what is tough. To portray that the Rockets have been supportive to me is fundamentally incorrect.

The information that the Houston Rockets have publicly presented about this situation has been extremely misleading and a lot of times totally inaccurate. An image of support has been presented by the Rockets, but the only logical support here would be listening to the recommendation of the medical professionals involved. That has not totally happened here. I have chosen to not play, because the doctors and I believe it to be unsafe for unqualified Rockets front office personnel to make medical decisions, as they are not mental health professionals.

Sponsored Link
mr. 13 in 33 is offline Old 12-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
mr. 13 in 33
mr. 13 in 33 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmr. 13 in 33 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmr. 13 in 33 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmr. 13 in 33 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47563
I don't know to be happy or not care about him anymore

"Any fool with a d*** can make a baby, but only a real man can raise his children" Laurence Fishburne

"Houston Rockets are a fun young team to watch" Walt Fraizer

"You know the game is over when your starters are throwing shirts into the crowd" Sixers commentator

Quote:
Originally Posted by clippy View Post
Paul will flop maybe once a game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillycheese View Post
Time to move Lin to starters. he doesn't need the ball in his hands and will not take shots away from Harden.
He's a better fit.

KingStevo10 is offline Old 12-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #3
KingStevo10
KingStevo10 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsKingStevo10 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsKingStevo10 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsKingStevo10 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42982
Did the world end...?

RoxBeliever is online now Old 12-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
RoxBeliever
RoxBeliever is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodRoxBeliever is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #43769
What do his tweets say? Will he go?

you know, Royce, we need a roster spot. you can always, like, back out of your contract

LikeMike is offline Old 12-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #5
LikeMike
Contributing Member
LikeMike is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodLikeMike is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2007
Member: #22804
Oh boy, here we go again... All bull**** aside, I just hope to see him play and succeed...

finsraider is offline Old 12-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #6
finsraider
finsraider is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodfinsraider is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47381
Well, I guess that means he consented to it, so it's another step in the right direction.

chonox is offline Old 12-29-2012, 08:22 PM   #7
chonox
chonox is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2006
Member: #20258
#progress

ch0c0b0fr34k is offline Old 12-29-2012, 08:22 PM   #8
ch0c0b0fr34k
ch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #30747
He might be able to play in today's game if he can drive fast enough.

"I shot (free throws) like I was Mark Price. I had a slower song tonight in my head. Last night I had a fast song and I was going too fast. Tonight I had a couple slow jams playing in my head and I did pretty good so I'm going to keep it up. ... The playlist was some Tank, some Tyrese and some Usher and some Beyonce. And on the Beyonce's I hit all net so I might have to keep singing Beyonce."
- Dwight Howard on his excellent free throw shooting technique

KingStevo10 is offline Old 12-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #9
KingStevo10
KingStevo10 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsKingStevo10 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsKingStevo10 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsKingStevo10 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxBeliever View Post
What do his tweets say? Will he go?

you know, Royce, we need a roster spot. you can always, like, back out of your contract
Who do we pick up if we cut Royce?

We don't need 4 pg's on this team (assuming you mean we sign Beverly)

KingStevo10 is offline Old 12-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #10
KingStevo10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingStevo10 View Post
Who do we pick up if we cut Royce?

We don't need 4 pg's on this team (assuming you mean we sign Beverly)
*Beverley

BEAT LA is offline Old 12-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #11
BEAT LA
Contributing Member
BEAT LA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBEAT LA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBEAT LA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBEAT LA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBEAT LA is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Sep 2009
Member: #43559
#whocares

v3.0 is offline Old 12-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #12
v3.0
Contributing Member
v3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jan 2005
Member: #16081
This isn't news, news would be him actually showing up.

amaru is offline Old 12-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #13
amaru
amaru is Omer Asik -- working the boardsamaru is Omer Asik -- working the boardsamaru is Omer Asik -- working the boardsamaru is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Member: #42710
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAT LA View Post
#whocares
You do apparently

"Who are we? We are the descendants of slaves...We are the heirs of a past of rope, fire, and murder. I for one am not ashamed of this past. My shame is for those who became so inhuman that they could inflict this torture upon us"

- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

IN MOREY I TRUST!

Angkor Wat is offline Old 12-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #14
Angkor Wat
Angkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAngkor Wat is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2007
Member: #24006

xclearscreen is offline Old 12-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #15
xclearscreen
Rookie
xclearscreen is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #51972
damn we need a big body like Perkins setting high screens for us

J.R. is offline Old 12-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #16
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32628

J Sizzle is offline Old 12-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #17
J Sizzle
J Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJ Sizzle is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50387
Are we really still talking about this guy?

xclearscreen is offline Old 12-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #18
xclearscreen
Rookie
Perkins, Sefolosha, Ibaka are defensive beasts

trowa2 is offline Old 12-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #19
trowa2
trowa2 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #53070
good news, now see how he do against dleaguers

xclearscreen is offline Old 12-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #20
xclearscreen
Rookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclearscreen View Post
Perkins, Sefolosha, Ibaka are defensive beasts
i mean Royce White is a defensive beast. bring him back!