ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

View Poll Results: Shall we post up Lin more?
Yes, I want to see the "Lin Shake"! 183 38.28%
Yes, have Mchale, Yao and Dream teach him some post moves 85 17.78%
Maybe 50 10.46%
No, better to have him attack from the outside and dish 160 33.47%
Voters: 478. You may not vote on this poll

Should we start posting up Jeremy Lin?
Tags:  basketball, hakeem olajuwon, houston rockets, jeremy lin, nba, retro rockets, yao ming Tags
hikanoo49 is offline Old 12-26-2012, 02:40 AM   #1
hikanoo49
hikanoo49 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2002
Member: #7791
Given that we are the home of some of the best post players ever (Yao, Hakeem, Mchale, Malone etc.), maybe they can polish up Jeremys post game a bit. He has decent size for a PG and nice to see him posting up Robinson "dont call me the Admiral" today

Converse Weapons

Sponsored Link
zdrav is offline Old 12-26-2012, 02:45 AM   #2
zdrav
zdrav is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finezdrav is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51828
He's already a good rebounder so it wouldn't be the craziest idea to take advantage of his relative size against small PGs.

Noob Cake is offline Old 12-26-2012, 02:52 AM   #3
Noob Cake
Noob Cake is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #30906
You know, Robinson might one of the smallest PG's in the NBA. Don't start acting like Lin has a legit post game.

cytrynowa is offline Old 12-26-2012, 03:06 AM   #4
cytrynowa
cytrynowa is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52863
LOLOL

Jedster is offline Old 12-26-2012, 03:11 AM   #5
Jedster
Jedster is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #53027
I would think most 6'3" basketball players have learned a few post moves.
Even at pickup games, those guys would be either forwards or centers more often than not.

2012-13: $5 million, 32 mpg, 16 points, 8 assists, 1 steal and about 2 TOs on average. That's my Linexpectation!

iconoclastic is offline Old 12-26-2012, 03:14 AM   #6
iconoclastic
iconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #26097
And have Asik spotting up behind the 3 point line?

xclearscreen is offline Old 12-26-2012, 03:18 AM   #7
xclearscreen
Rookie
xclearscreen is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #51972
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclastic View Post
And have Asik spotting up behind the 3 point line?
don't give Sampson any ideas....

SuperVon is offline Old 12-26-2012, 03:20 AM   #8
SuperVon
Contributing Member
SuperVon is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #41018
Err merr gurd!

roxxy is offline Old 12-26-2012, 03:24 AM   #9
roxxy
roxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Member: #51508
I said before that it would be smart for Lin & harden to add a post game in the off season. Lin has the size for it, & Andre Miller is a PG that uses a post game. It would do wonders for helping them mesh even better. I remember we saw Parsons in the post not to long ago as well.

either that or Harden is being vastly underrated by a so called Rockets fan who supposedly watched majority of the Rockets games last season where Harden night in and night out carry the Rockets offense and torch whatever defense the opposing team throws at him
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlaurelio View Post
stats are only credible if they point to jlin as the better player
Stats: Advanced Stats Primer | Basketball-Reference | Hoop Data | Team Rankings | NBA WOWY! | NBA.com (Advanced) | Vorped | Popcorn Machine | NBA Graphs

Knickskiller is offline Old 12-26-2012, 03:29 AM   #10
Knickskiller
Knickskiller is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodKnickskiller is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52456
someone please post that jlin post on NateR. Freaking hilarious.

acsorelle4 is offline Old 12-26-2012, 03:31 AM   #11
acsorelle4
acsorelle4 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsacsorelle4 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsacsorelle4 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsacsorelle4 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedster View Post
I would think most 6'3" basketball players have learned a few post moves.
Even at pickup games, those guys would be either forwards or centers more often than not.
Being 6'02" ruined my basketball life. I went to a small college and always played center in pick up games and intramurals. I can barely make a free throw at this point.

WSWhippets is offline Old 12-26-2012, 03:35 AM   #12
WSWhippets
WSWhippets is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #53082
That was such an awesome post by jeremy... He steamrolled Robinson. What I loved seeing was in the fourth when he and harden got together and said okay we are going to exploit Nate Robinson on the floor. For consecutive sequences they ran a simple harden/lin pick n roll to get a switch and then jeremy simply tossed it to harden who had the diminutive Robinson on him 1 on 1. Total mismatch and harden took advantage. Smart basketball.

xclearscreen is offline Old 12-26-2012, 03:37 AM   #13
xclearscreen
Rookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSWhippets View Post
That was such an awesome post by jeremy... He steamrolled Robinson. What I loved seeing was in the fourth when he and harden got together and said okay we are going to exploit Nate Robinson on the floor. For consecutive sequences they ran a simple harden/lin pick n roll to get a switch and then jeremy simply tossed it to harden who had the diminutive Robinson on him 1 on 1. Total mismatch and harden took advantage. Smart basketball.
they tag-team raped poor lil Nate

ch0c0b0fr34k is offline Old 12-26-2012, 03:39 AM   #14
ch0c0b0fr34k
ch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #30747
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikanoo49 View Post
Given that we are the home of some of the best post players ever (Yao, Hakeem, Mchale, Malone etc.), maybe they can polish up Jeremys post game a bit. He has decent size for a PG and nice to see him posting up Robinson "dont call me the Admiral" today
I think your join date's a little bit off...you know, where the 20"0"2 should be a "1".

"I shot (free throws) like I was Mark Price. I had a slower song tonight in my head. Last night I had a fast song and I was going too fast. Tonight I had a couple slow jams playing in my head and I did pretty good so I'm going to keep it up. ... The playlist was some Tank, some Tyrese and some Usher and some Beyonce. And on the Beyonce's I hit all net so I might have to keep singing Beyonce."
- Dwight Howard on his excellent free throw shooting technique

hikanoo49 is offline Old 12-26-2012, 03:40 AM   #15
hikanoo49
hikanoo49 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2002
Member: #7791
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy View Post
I said before that it would be smart for Lin & harden to add a post game in the off season. Lin has the size for it, & Andre Miller is a PG that uses a post game. It would do wonders for helping them mesh even better. I remember we saw Parsons in the post not to long ago as well.

agreed roxxy

also, post game as we all know is not simply about how tall a player is. Dream, Barkeley werent super tall but still dominated the post

we as a franchise has some of the best post players ever to play basketball (with one of them being the head coach), so i think it would add alot to our team if we had a few guys that can post to help w the spacing on the floor.

lin already demonstrated he can shoot the fade away, now just needs jump hook and some up and unders

Converse Weapons

itachen is offline Old 12-26-2012, 03:40 AM   #16
itachen
itachen is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #52769
Quote:
I think we should give this guy a call instead... you know, someone who actually played PG? :P

HTML Code:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tD7O1HmMD8k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

itachen is offline Old 12-26-2012, 03:42 AM   #17
itachen
itachen is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #52769
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachen View Post
I think we should give this guy a call instead... you know, someone who actually played PG? :P

HTML Code:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tD7O1HmMD8k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Sorry... still don't know how to embed Youtube here:

John Wall vs. Sam Cassell - Post Moves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD7O1HmMD8k

xclearscreen is offline Old 12-26-2012, 03:45 AM   #18
xclearscreen
Rookie
Lin actually did a few post-up plays when he was on the Knicks. but as you all know we're condemned from posting those videos here. D'Antoni wasn't impressed though, in post game interview.

roxxy is offline Old 12-26-2012, 04:16 AM   #19
roxxy
roxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Member: #51508
Quote:
agreed roxxy

also, post game as we all know is not simply about how tall a player is. Dream, Barkeley werent super tall but still dominated the post

we as a franchise has some of the best post players ever to play basketball (with one of them being the head coach), so i think it would add alot to our team if we had a few guys that can post to help w the spacing on the floor.

lin already demonstrated he can shoot the fade away, now just needs jump hook and some up and unders
Yup. Lin really loves using his size & strength so he strikes me as a player who would be open to that skill set. Also it would help him draw contact & get to the FT line a bit more which he really needs to be doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xclearscreen View Post
Lin actually did a few post-up plays when he was on the Knicks. but as you all know we're condemned from posting those videos here. D'Antoni wasn't impressed though, in post game interview.
Really Lin did? Do you have video's of this & when did Mike Dantoni say this?

either that or Harden is being vastly underrated by a so called Rockets fan who supposedly watched majority of the Rockets games last season where Harden night in and night out carry the Rockets offense and torch whatever defense the opposing team throws at him
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlaurelio View Post
stats are only credible if they point to jlin as the better player
Stats: Advanced Stats Primer | Basketball-Reference | Hoop Data | Team Rankings | NBA WOWY! | NBA.com (Advanced) | Vorped | Popcorn Machine | NBA Graphs

coach41 is offline Old 12-26-2012, 04:49 AM   #20
coach41
coach41 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #52892
Watch this video of Jeremy Lin's Harvard days. It has one post move and it looked pretty good:

http://youtu.be/tVVzGm8SbOM