ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
DuBose: Rockets-Blazers: Behind the numbers
WhoMikeJames is offline Old 12-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
WhoMikeJames
Contributing Member
WhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boardsWhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boardsWhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boardsWhoMikeJames is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2005
Member: #16224
outside of the first two games where Harden went off, he is averaging...

20 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 37% fg and 31% 3PT

Should we be worried?

There is no boat in Hades, no ferryman Charon,
No caretaker Aiakos, no dog Cerberus.
All we who are dead below
Have become bones and ashes, but nothing else.
I have spoken to you honestly, go on, traveler,
Lest even while dead I seem loquacious to you.

Sponsored Link
TheLastPope is offline Old 12-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #2
TheLastPope
TheLastPope is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52724
HELL YES

TheLastPope is offline Old 12-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #3
TheLastPope
TheLastPope is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #52724
And his defense is trash Kobe just ran around him and Parsons

Mr. Clutch is online now Old 12-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #4
Mr. Clutch
Contributing Member
Mr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #7931
Wins.

Rox>Mavs is offline Old 12-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #5
Rox>Mavs
Contributing Member
Rox>Mavs is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Aug 2010
Member: #47021
No....we've all seen what he's capable of. He just needs time to adjust and mentally grow into his role as the #1 option.

duteman is offline Old 12-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #6
duteman
duteman is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #25956
Yes, but in the sense that coaches should give him more rest. TD/LIN backcourt can work. Coaches need to.use it to rest harden so he can ne most effective

split41 is offline Old 12-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #7
split41
split41 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #52694
I wouldn't worry. I still think Harden has given too much weight to his image as "the man," give him time to realise he ain't lebron or kobe. With some more team gelling and refining his shot selection he'll be fine.

durvasa is offline Old 12-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #8
durvasa
Contributing Member
durvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure golddurvasa is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16420
In McGrady's first month as a Rocket (04/05), he averaged 20 points, 5.1 rebounds, 5.4 assists, 41% shooting, Harden is a higher turnover guy, but he also is a more efficient scorer (even during this "slump") because of the number of FTs he makes.

Not saying Harden will be as good as McGrady was in his prime (he doesn't possess the same defensive potential or the ability to create shots for himself anywhere on the floor), but he's young and he has a lot of room to grow as a player. The slumps are expected as he adjusts to a newer role.

flamingdts is online now Old 12-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #9
flamingdts
flamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30398
After watching tonight's game, not so much.

His shot is still inconsistent, but he knows what to do with the ball.

Arthurprescott2 is offline Old 12-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #10
Arthurprescott2
Arthurprescott2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodArthurprescott2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51824
I think he just needs more time to adjust. His shot selection has been strange lately. He's having to deal with defenses closing out on him much more quickly. Also no one falls for his shot fakes anymore - what happened??

I no longer have to watch RGV games to see DMo!!!

Arthurprescott2 is offline Old 12-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #11
Arthurprescott2
Arthurprescott2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodArthurprescott2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Member: #51824
That said, he'll be fine - just a necessary adjustment period.

I no longer have to watch RGV games to see DMo!!!

cjtaylorpt is offline Old 12-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #12
cjtaylorpt
cjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38284
Looks like the best player we've had in years, even with the fg %.

pippendagimp is offline Old 12-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #13
pippendagimp
pippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Sep 2000
Member: #1853
he seems to play his worst against the elite players

rocketsballin is offline Old 12-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #14
rocketsballin
rocketsballin is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #53029
definitely should be worried cuz its his 6th year as a 1st option right? no its his first year, and he's avg 24/5/4 . stop being greedy

Mr. Clutch is online now Old 12-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #15
Mr. Clutch
Contributing Member
Mr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #7931
He got 10 rebounds and 6 assists.

Lucky Charm is offline Old 12-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #16
Lucky Charm
Lucky Charm is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineLucky Charm is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineLucky Charm is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52488
I told y'all he was a JOKE!!!!!!!!!11

But seriously, Im not too worried. We all knew he had to come back to earth at some point, so here we are. He's obviously better than the way he's shooting right now. He'll get it going again.

roxxy is offline Old 12-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #17
roxxy
roxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Member: #51508
No it happens he will bounce out of it I am not worried. I do agree he is playing way to many minutes it is insane. And i don't like that he gets way to hyped for some of these match ups & makes dumb decisions. But he is young & will get better. He is worth that money anybody who says otherwise is wrong. Just my two cents.

either that or Harden is being vastly underrated by a so called Rockets fan who supposedly watched majority of the Rockets games last season where Harden night in and night out carry the Rockets offense and torch whatever defense the opposing team throws at him
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlaurelio View Post
stats are only credible if they point to jlin as the better player
Stats: Advanced Stats Primer | Basketball-Reference | Hoop Data | Team Rankings | NBA WOWY! | NBA.com (Advanced) | Vorped | Popcorn Machine | NBA Graphs

Lihao is offline Old 12-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #18
Lihao
Lihao is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52424
defensively , he's still a lot of works to do.
offensively, he'll be fine, just need to stop forcing his own shots and trust his teammates .

coachbadlee is offline Old 12-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #19
coachbadlee
[CBL] Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
Wow. No.

Hippieloser is online now Old 12-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #20
Hippieloser
Contributing Member
Hippieloser is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHippieloser is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHippieloser is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHippieloser is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHippieloser is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneHippieloser is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2003
Member: #11063
Harden looked bad shooting the ball tonight. Inside the arena, it was clear that he and the rest of the starters just didn't have their legs. I don't know if they were practicing hard the last couple days or what, but they looked slow and short. Dwight Howard patrolling the paint probably was a factor.

After watching him live for the first time, I'm not convinced Harden will ever be a top-5 superstar player. If he was that good, we probably couldn't have gotten him. But he's still learning a very new and different role, he's young, and he's certainly been good if not spectacular of late.

Plus, he definitely did run the team during the crucial minutes late in the 4th. He did well at it, too. Glad to have him on the team.