ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets acquire Jason Terry from Kings

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > NBA Dish

Dwight Howard may leave the Lakers
Tags:  2012, basketball, bosh, championship, fight, goal, houston rockets, james harden, lakers, lebron, lebron james, los angeles lakers, magic, money, nba Tags
Air Langhi is offline Old 12-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
Air Langhi
Contributing Member
Air Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Aug 2000
Member: #1843
Quote:
"So I want to do it the best that I can and I’m going to take everything in I can to get what I can out of the NBA. Which, for me, is winning a championship," Howard said. "So if I have to play on another team or do whatever I have to do to get one, that’s my goal. This is my passion, so I’ll continue to fight."
http://www.nba.com/magic/news/denton...g-leave-part-2

Maybe he can come to the rockets? Maybe we can also lure CP3 and have cp3,Harden, DH12 big 3?

I think athletes want that ring as much as the money. That is why guys like lebron and bosh left 15mil on the table to win.

Sponsored Link
OremLK is offline Old 12-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #2
OremLK
OremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #45024
I don't buy it for a second, especially since the Lakers are going to get a lot better when Nash returns and things start to click a little better for them.

Dwight isn't going to leave $30M on the table, and the Lakers aren't bad enough to drive him away. They'll be a playoff team.

If somehow they do wind up being a below average team at the end of the season and missing the playoffs (I'll believe it when I see it), then maaaybe. And if, somehow, that does happen, then I'd say the Rockets have as good a chance at Dwight as anybody.

That's a lot of ifs though.

Mr. Clutch is offline Old 12-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #3
Mr. Clutch
Contributing Member
Mr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #7931
OH NO HE DID NOT!

arjun is offline Old 12-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #4
arjun
arjun is Omer Asik -- working the boardsarjun is Omer Asik -- working the boardsarjun is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: May 2006
Member: #17957
im sure this was taken out of context...and he was talking about how he left orlando to LA in pursuit of a championship.

he has repeated time and time again how he is so happy to be in LA and wants to end his career there.

JayGoogle is offline Old 12-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
JayGoogle
JayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #26991
Hmmmmm...you may be onto something actually...

...You know man, it's a dream but...

If Morey could find some way to convince one to come to Houston maybe the other would come as well? Knowing that Harden is on the team as well Morey could easily sell the idea of them being a big three.

It's going to take a collapse of both L.A teams to make those guys make such a decision though.

felixng2012 is offline Old 12-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #6
felixng2012
felixng2012 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Langhi View Post
Maybe he can come to the rockets? Maybe we can also lure CP3 and have cp3,Harden, DH12 big 3?

I think athletes want that ring as much as the money. That is why guys like lebron and bosh left 15mil on the table to win.
Lol not even in a million years.

PG: Chris Paul, Rubio
SG: Manu Ginobili, Harden
SF: Lebron James, Larry Bird
PF: Dirk Nowitzki, Blake Griffin
C: Hakeem Olajuwon, Tim Duncan

I am not a Rockets or HOF/LOF deal with it.

Prince is offline Old 12-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
Prince
Prince is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPrince is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPrince is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPrince is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #41044
ASIK > DHole.

Entropy is offline Old 12-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #8
Entropy
Entropy is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodEntropy is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5352
In other words, Dwight Howard isn't a fan of Kobe bitching at him in practice to improve his game, wants to just coast through games on talent alone while other stars pick up the slack.

BigBird is offline Old 12-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #9
BigBird
Contributing Member
BigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #51060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince View Post
ASIK > DHole.
Listen, I like Asik as much as the next guy, but c'mon now let's not be silly.

da_juice is online now Old 12-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #10
da_juice
da_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Dec 2009
Member: #44535
If he goes anywhere, he goes to Atlanta (his boy JSmoove plays there, and that's where he has his roots).

If he really wants a ring (which I question), then he'd stay in LA. The Lakers will never be bad.

sammy is offline Old 12-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #11
sammy
Contributing Member
sammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5635
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_juice View Post
The Lakers will never be bad.
The post Shaq era before Gasol was a Laker says hi.

So does the era of Van Exel and Eddie Jones.

KingLeoric is offline Old 12-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #12
KingLeoric
KingLeoric is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2008
Member: #36001
Did anyone even click on the link? The interview was Dec 2nd, before the Orlando game and he was talking about why he left Orlando.

BigBenito is offline Old 12-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #13
BigBenito
BigBenito is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigBenito is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigBenito is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigBenito is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigBenito is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7020
If he really wanted a ring, he would have included OKC. But he wanted large media markets. So, he can stop whining.

DonatasFanboy is offline Old 12-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #14
DonatasFanboy
DonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50323
He was talking about leaving Orlando... Nice thread making skills

I never take an easy path. Easy paths are for quoters. - Donatas Motiejunas

Air Langhi is offline Old 12-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #15
Air Langhi
Contributing Member
Air Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatasFanboy View Post
He was talking about leaving Orlando... Nice thread making skills
I though I posted a different link. I guess that one took his quote out of context. Still it should apply to the lakers as well.

da_juice is online now Old 12-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #16
da_juice
da_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneda_juice is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Dec 2009
Member: #44535
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy View Post
The post Shaq era before Gasol was a Laker says hi.

So does the era of Van Exel and Eddie Jones.
Those eras were, what a few years?

The Lakers have missed the playoffs only a handful of times, and have won a quarter of all NBA championships. They play in attractive city, they have a competent FO, and players will almost always want to play there.

B-Bob is offline Old 12-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #17
B-Bob
Contributing Member
B-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince View Post
ASIK > DHole.
I feel you, but here's the correct formula

(Asik production)/(dollar of salary) + (Asik 'tude) >> (D-Ho production)/(dollar of salary) - (D-Ho 'tude)

To me, it's not even close.

Air Langhi is offline Old 12-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #18
Air Langhi
Contributing Member
http://www.nba.com/magic/news/denton...g-leave-part-2

Here is the full part of the article so he is referring to LA:

And while he said it upset him having to divorce himself from the Magic and the Orlando fan base, Howard, 26, said his decision to leave ultimately came to being where he thought he had the best chance to win. And Howard, who can become an unrestricted free agent in July, even hinted that if he didn’t think he could win in L.A., he would move on from Southern California in the summer.

``You only get one shot. People might not ever understand that, but at the end of the day it’s not their life. You can’t let anybody else dictate how they want your life to be,’’ he said. ``I only have one shot to play and do something that I love. Not everybody is blessed and have an opportunity to do what they love.

``So I want to do it the best that I can and I’m going to take everything in I can to get what I can out of the NBA. Which, for me, is winning a championship,’’ he added. ``So if I have to play on another team or do whatever I have to do to get one, that’s my goal. This is my passion, so I’ll continue to fight.’

sidestep is offline Old 12-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #19
sidestep
sidestep is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51924
The crowd at the Staple Center absolutely roars every time Howard touches the ball. He basks in it with his childlike, I-want-everyone-to-like-me narcissism.
That + LA money + chance at being a contender -- no way he's leaving LA. Next.

BmwM3 is offline Old 12-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #20
BmwM3
Contributing Member
BmwM3 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBmwM3 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBmwM3 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBmwM3 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: May 2002
Member: #3844
Not a big fan of Howard after the Orlando incident. He's proving his worth with the Lakers right about now. Which isn't much.