ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Speculation: Morey's FA Target #1 is... Dwight Howard?
Tags:  basketball, daryl morey, dwight howard, free agency, houston rockets, los angeles lakers, nba, trade Tags
Carl Herrera is offline Old 12-02-2012, 11:33 PM   #1
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
What are the chances that Howard gets disgruntled enough in LA to go elsewhere via Free Agency or a trade demand at the deadline?

If things don't get sorted out soon, Dwight has to look at the age of each of his better teammates and wonder of it will be a good idea to renew, no?

Sponsored Link
Grigori is offline Old 12-02-2012, 11:33 PM   #2
Grigori
Grigori is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodGrigori is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44899
Provided that we crush them tomorrow.

roxxy is offline Old 12-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #3
roxxy
roxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51508
Extremely doubtful. I think Howard stays in LA.

either that or Harden is being vastly underrated by a so called Rockets fan who supposedly watched majority of the Rockets games last season where Harden night in and night out carry the Rockets offense and torch whatever defense the opposing team throws at him
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlaurelio View Post
stats are only credible if they point to jlin as the better player
Stats: Advanced Stats Primer | Basketball-Reference | Hoop Data | Team Rankings | NBA WOWY! | NBA.com (Advanced) | Vorped | Popcorn Machine | NBA Graphs

Postcall is offline Old 12-02-2012, 11:36 PM   #4
Postcall
Postcall is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52284
100% Chance this will happen.

coachbadlee is offline Old 12-02-2012, 11:40 PM   #5
coachbadlee
Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
Come on Carl, man, don't start this s*!?! again!

Hey Texans!!! Keep #1. Draft Barr!!!
"Are you kidding me??!! That's your point guard!!" Matt Bullard

rocketsfeeva is offline Old 12-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #6
rocketsfeeva
rocketsfeeva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finerocketsfeeva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finerocketsfeeva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50202
He will demand a trade, then hop to another team, then demand a trade from that team and by the end of his career he would have played on all the teams in the NBA. Because he doesn't like commitment.

coachbadlee is offline Old 12-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #7
coachbadlee
Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
Howard deserves every bit of what he is getting. He doesn't deserve to be on this team. Let him rot in LA with that super chucker Kobe.

Hey Texans!!! Keep #1. Draft Barr!!!
"Are you kidding me??!! That's your point guard!!" Matt Bullard

flamingdts is offline Old 12-02-2012, 11:44 PM   #8
flamingdts
flamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereflamingdts is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30398
I don't see why not.

We have a young core, and a rising star. We also have the Asian market.

I feel like we could go for an established star in the off-season, somebody like Aldridge, using Asik as a trade chip. After that, try to sign Howard.

Though what's most important is playing things safe. We have Harden locked up for a long time, so we can afford to be a little more patient.

Carl Herrera is offline Old 12-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #9
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Play with us, Dwight. You know you want to.

iconoclastic is online now Old 12-02-2012, 11:48 PM   #10
iconoclastic
iconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #26097
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingdts View Post
I don't see why not.

We have a young core, and a rising star. We also have the Asian market.

I feel like we could go for an established star in the off-season, somebody like Aldridge, using Asik as a trade chip. After that, try to sign Howard.

Though what's most important is playing things safe. We have Harden locked up for a long time, so we can afford to be a little more patient.
Lin
Harden
Parsons
Aldridge
Howard

That's a pretty championship starting lineup.

treyk3 is offline Old 12-02-2012, 11:49 PM   #11
treyk3
Contributing Member
treyk3 is Omer Asik -- working the boardstreyk3 is Omer Asik -- working the boardstreyk3 is Omer Asik -- working the boardstreyk3 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32002
I saw a quote somewhere, when Dwight was asked about his chances of returning to LA he said: out of 10? 12

Carl Herrera is offline Old 12-02-2012, 11:50 PM   #12
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by treyk3 View Post
I saw a quote somewhere, when Dwight was asked about his chances of returning to LA he said: out of 10? 12
So you are saying there is a chance?

cytrynowa is offline Old 12-02-2012, 11:52 PM   #13
cytrynowa
cytrynowa is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52863
Don't want this clown.

Arthurprescott2 is offline Old 12-02-2012, 11:52 PM   #14
Arthurprescott2
Arthurprescott2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodArthurprescott2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51824
I don't even think Dwight's main goal was to get rings or be on a contender team. Those are nice and all. But Dwight is all about the fun. The bigger the media stage, the better. He's satisfied being on Ellen and going to parties. I don't think he leaves LA.

I no longer have to watch RGV games to see DMo!!!

zhen_hui88 is offline Old 12-02-2012, 11:54 PM   #15
zhen_hui88
zhen_hui88 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50075
Watching Asik develop is way more fun IMO.

cbb139 is offline Old 12-02-2012, 11:55 PM   #16
cbb139
cbb139 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18511
I personally was hoping something happens to the Clippers, and we can get Paul, no offense to Lin. But that doesn't look like it'll happen

Yao4REAL is offline Old 12-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #17
Yao4REAL
Yao4REAL is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodYao4REAL is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24623
Right now i don't want Dwight Howard. Dude is horrible at FT line and is killing the Lakers game after game. Coach Sampson better uses the same strategy if the game is tight. Watch the Orlando vs Lakers, they simply Hack A' Howard to death lol. And as a result, Orlando pull away with the victory.

╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝@ HEAT, LAKERS 2013-2014

rocketman84 is offline Old 12-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #18
rocketman84
rocketman84 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finerocketman84 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2003
Member: #12920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurprescott2 View Post
I don't even think Dwight's main goal was to get rings or be on a contender team. Those are nice and all. But Dwight is all about the fun. The bigger the media stage, the better. He's satisfied being on Ellen and going to parties. I don't think he leaves LA.
Bingo. Some guys are in the NBA to make money, and others have competitive fire and want to be the best. Dwight just wants to get paid.

BimaThug is offline Old 12-03-2012, 12:02 AM   #19
BimaThug
Contributing Member
BimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 1999
Member: #359
Dwight Howard has 30 million reasons not to leave L.A. next summer. (Here's a hint: They're all $$$.) It's the same reason Morey was comfortable (enough) calling Howard's bluff about leaving Houston next summer if the Rockets traded for him.

I may even say something worthwhile at some point.

hooroo is offline Old 12-03-2012, 12:05 AM   #20
hooroo
hooroo is Omer Asik -- working the boardshooroo is Omer Asik -- working the boardshooroo is Omer Asik -- working the boardshooroo is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Oct 2003
Member: #14431
Dwight comes off as a guy who loves the spotlight and glam. That's what LA & NY offer over the rest.