ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Game 1 loss a wake-up call or death knell for Rockets?

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > NBA Dish

Top 10 NBA players
Tags:  basketball, nba Tags
BraveFox is offline Old 12-01-2012, 03:22 AM   #1
BraveFox
BraveFox is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodBraveFox is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52628
What are 10 top players in NBA according to you?

thnx in advance

Sponsored Link
t_mac1 is offline Old 12-01-2012, 03:36 AM   #2
t_mac1
Contributing Member
t_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointst_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointst_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointst_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointst_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #29872
This year's too early to say and players will go through peaks and valleys.

The top 2 are clear. It's Lebron James and Kevin Durant, then everybody else.

But as of RIGHT NOW,

1) Lebron
2) Durant
3) Chris Paul
4) Tim Duncan
5) Kobe Bryant
6) Carmelo
7) Chris Bosh
8) Rondo
9) Westbrook
10) Harden

OremLK is offline Old 12-01-2012, 05:06 AM   #3
OremLK
OremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #45024
Too early in the season to say, we have to wait and see how a lot of things shake out.

Are we really comfortable dumping DWade out of the top 10 already? Maybe it's just a slump.

KLove was seeming like a top 10 player but got hurt. Maybe he'll get back there soon.

Melo is GOING TO fall off. He's not a top 10 guy, I don't care what anybody says. He's a low level all star, not a superstar.

Leaving Dwight out of the top 10? If you look at team records and his stats you might, but I don't buy it. Once his back gets right he'll be a top 5 guy again.

BraveFox is offline Old 12-01-2012, 05:14 AM   #4
BraveFox
BraveFox is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodBraveFox is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Quote:
Originally Posted by OremLK View Post
Too early in the season to say, we have to wait and see how a lot of things shake out.

the question was not who will be among top 10 but who are top ten right now..take into account the form from last season if you need...

daywalker02 is offline Old 12-01-2012, 05:14 AM   #5
daywalker02
daywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdaywalker02 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19255
Quote:
Originally Posted by OremLK View Post

Are we really comfortable dumping DWade out of the top 10 already? Maybe it's just a slump.

KLove was seeming like a top 10 player but got hurt. Maybe he'll get back there soon.

Melo is GOING TO fall off. He's not a top 10 guy, I don't care what anybody says. He's a low level all star, not a superstar.

Leaving Dwight out of the top 10? If you look at team records and his stats you might, but I don't buy it. Once his back gets right he'll be a top 5 guy again.
You think you know Melo well enough that he can't evolve?
Give him a chance
Top 10 does not matter ... I think he will be close

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballholic
Well you shouldn't. Morris is an NBA player and will probably be a better NBA player for his career than Jones will. Derrick Williams is better than Morris. He was at Arizona. He is now.
D-Ho over HO Chen

lowery is offline Old 12-01-2012, 06:31 AM   #6
lowery
lowery is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Mar 2012
Member: #50483
1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Chris Paul
4. Kobe
5. Dwight Howard
6. Russell Westbrook
7. Carmelo
8. Harden
9. Tim Duncan
10. Andre Iggy

As of right now. I like igodula cause he's physical, fast, athletic and can shoot. He's been doing well for Denver and he's made improvements to his game. That's why he's my #10. I dont like rondo, so this is my own biased list

what is offline Old 12-01-2012, 06:40 AM   #7
what
what is James Harden -- racking up the pointswhat is James Harden -- racking up the pointswhat is James Harden -- racking up the pointswhat is James Harden -- racking up the pointswhat is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Dec 2003
Member: #15560
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowery View Post
1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Chris Paul
4. Kobe
5. Dwight Howard
6. Russell Westbrook
7. Carmelo
8. Harden
9. Tim Duncan
10. Andre Iggy

As of right now. I like igodula cause he's physical, fast, athletic and can shoot. He's been doing well for Denver and he's made improvements to his game. That's why he's my #10. I dont like rondo, so this is my own biased list
Denver is a very interesting team. I absolutely love the iggy/galinari combo. They really need to get a low post presence to really set this team off.

Pau would do wonders for this team. Pau/Iggy and Gallo with faried as the rebounding workhorse, would be VERY interesting.

BraveFox is offline Old 12-01-2012, 07:55 AM   #8
BraveFox
Dirk anybody?

Firebomb525 is offline Old 12-01-2012, 08:16 AM   #9
Firebomb525
Firebomb525 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineFirebomb525 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineFirebomb525 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2009
Member: #36171
1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Dwight Howard
4. Chris Paul
5. Kobe Bryant
6. Kevin Love
7. Dwyane Wade
8. Russell Westbrook
9. Deron Williams
10. Rajon Rondo

I think Rose would definitely be a top 10 player but, alas, his injury occurred and I fear he will go the way of Penny Hardaway. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Olajuwon/Drexler ---> Yao/McGrady ---> Howard/Harden
The Tradition Continues

Gay4Battier is offline Old 12-01-2012, 08:19 AM   #10
Gay4Battier
Gay4Battier is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #18974
imagine if cp3 was on the lakers ...

pippendagimp is offline Old 12-01-2012, 08:24 AM   #11
pippendagimp
pippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchpippendagimp is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Sep 2000
Member: #1853
1. Joey Crawford
2. LeBitch James
3. Kevin Durant
4. Kobe Cryant
5. Dwight Howard
6. Carmelo
7. Kevin Love
8. CP3
9. Duncan
10. Westbrook

IzakDavid13 is offline Old 12-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #12
IzakDavid13
Contributing Member
IzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemIzakDavid13 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2011
Member: #48018
1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. C.Paul
4. Kobe
5. Dwight
6. Melo
7. T. Duncan
8. D. Wade
9. Z.Bo
10. J. Harden

Hon men...
Iggy, Deron, Westbrook, Rondo, JRue Holiday, even Varejao is BALLIN.

'Man, this is a great spot for me. A great town, great organization.' They're going this way (points up)." - Dwight Howard

'I got an an NBA Championship, but there's nothing better than coming to Houston' - Dexter Pittman

LC Rox Fan is offline Old 12-01-2012, 08:57 AM   #13
LC Rox Fan
LC Rox Fan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineLC Rox Fan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51664
1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. Paul
4. Kobe
5. Melo
6. Dwight
7. Westbrook
8. Harden
9. Love
10. Rondo

Houst0ne is offline Old 12-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #14
Houst0ne
Houst0ne is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #43931
Harden will be a Allstar but hes not a top 10 player in my eyes right now

^^^ Horrid

Quote:
But perhaps Daryl Morey’s greatest move was when Daryl Morey locked up Daryl Morey to a long-term extension before Daryl Morey got Dwight Howard. Typical buy low Daryl Morey move and now Daryl Morey is stuck on a below market deal.

rhino17 is offline Old 12-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #15
rhino17
rhino17 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerhino17 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerhino17 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerhino17 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerhino17 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donerhino17 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Member: #19214
Kevin Durant
Lebron James
Kobe Bryant
Carmelo Anthony
Dwight Howard
James Harden
Tim Duncan
Rajon Rondo
Deron Williams
Kevin Love

Gil is offline Old 12-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #16
Gil
Gil is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodGil is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #52062
1.James
2.Durant
3.Bryant
4.Dwight
5.Paul
6.Anthony
7.Westbrook
8.Nowitzki
9.Rondo
10.Wade/Love

LCAhmed is offline Old 12-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #17
LCAhmed
Contributing Member
LCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44232
Active players not injured?

1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Kobe
4. CP3
5.Dwight
6. Melo
7. K Love
8. D Will
9. Rondo
10. Westbrook

Air Langhi is offline Old 12-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #18
Air Langhi
Contributing Member
Air Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAir Langhi is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Aug 2000
Member: #1843
The following are the twenty best players by value added:
Kevin Durant, OKC
LeBron James, MIA
Kobe Bryant, LAL
Tim Duncan, SA
Anderson Varejao, CLE
Chris Paul, LAC
Carmelo Anthony, NY
Russell Westbrook, OKC
Dwight Howard, LAL
Chris Bosh, MIA
Goran Dragic, PHX
James Harden, HOU
Brook Lopez, BKN
Al Jefferson, UTAH
Kenneth Faried, DEN
Tyson Chandler, NY
Marc Gasol, MEM
Serge Ibaka, OKC
Greg Monroe, DET
Rajon Rondo, BOS

We could have had Dragic and Faried

meh is offline Old 12-01-2012, 10:02 AM   #19
meh
Contributing Member
meh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houst0ne View Post
Harden will be a Allstar but hes not a top 10 player in my eyes right now
#5 in scoring
#2/3 in assists by non-PG(behind Lebron and if you count him, Hinrich)
#2 in FT attempts
7-8 record as the only star on the youngest team in the NBA and without training camp.

By any traditional measure, he has as good a case as anyone for being top-10. Players definitely better than him, in no particular order: Lebron, Durant, Howard, CP3, Bosh, Melo, Kobe, Duncan, and maybe Westbrook for those who ignore Westbrook's crappy shooting. Anyone else, I'd take Harden over him even if it's just for this season.

KingLeoric is offline Old 12-01-2012, 10:15 AM   #20
KingLeoric
KingLeoric is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2008
Member: #36001
Durant
James
Bryant
Paul
Anthony
Duncan
Westbrook