ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner
UTAllTheWay is offline Old 11-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #41
UTAllTheWay
UTAllTheWay is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineUTAllTheWay is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineUTAllTheWay is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36546
Felton was without a doubt the worst starting PG in the NBA last season. He's looked better this year, but he's still not that good.

Sadly, he actually has been better than Jeremy Lin this season.

Sponsored Link
Second_Cousin is offline Old 11-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #42
Second_Cousin
Second_Cousin is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #51950
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortfuse3 View Post
Ive been exposed a lot early on in the season and I have a lot to work on, Lin said. Im young. Ive probably started 30-something games my entire career. I felt better before [the surgery,] but its just a process. We have three days off after [tomorrow] and theres going to be a lot of things Im going to do for my leg, knee. Just explosive stuff were trying to work on. That will come eventually.
You know what, as a Lin fan, I am actually getting tired of Lin calling himself young, and asking everyone for patience... he wasn't too young to accept the 25 million dollar contract, so he needs to stop making excuses to himself and to the people rooting for him (and hating against him). If he has been subpar, he needs to own up to it, say "I've played like s**t so far" and shoot a 1000 practice shots, and go after 'em. There's nothing worse than seeing an asian male whine.

And Harden needs to get him laid, I promise you his shots will far the following night.

shortfuse3 is offline Old 11-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #43
shortfuse3
shortfuse3 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodshortfuse3 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33297
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBeard View Post
These are encouraging words, to be honest. It means we're not witnessing some sort of Jeremy Lin ceiling, and that there is lots of room for improvement down the road--physically at the very least.
I gotta disagree. That comment makes me think Jlin has "downgraded" himself from the player he was during Linsanity.

It's concerning if JLin is admitting he's not as good as he once was.

muas2010 is offline Old 11-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #44
muas2010
muas2010 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52765
I feel sometimes Lin should just quit talking to the media....

shortfuse3 is offline Old 11-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #45
shortfuse3
shortfuse3 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodshortfuse3 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Second_Cousin View Post
You know what, as a Lin fan, I am actually getting tired of Lin calling himself young, and asking everyone for patience... he wasn't too young to accept the 25 million dollar contract, so he needs to stop making excuses to himself and to the people rooting for him (and hating against him). If he has been subpar, he needs to own up to it, say "I've played like s**t so far" and shoot a 1000 practice shots, and go after 'em. There's nothing worse than seeing an asian male whine.

And Harden needs to get him laid, I promise you his shots will far the following night.
That's gold

pnr is offline Old 11-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #46
pnr
pnr is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodpnr is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Member: #51940
That is the first time I've seen Lin make an excuse for his play, even if it is somewhat half-hearted. He's really going through a rough stretch right now.

TheRealist137 is offline Old 11-23-2012, 02:03 PM   #47
TheRealist137
TheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheRealist137 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2009
Member: #36197
Felton IS better than Lin, NO DOUBT!!!

lfw is offline Old 11-23-2012, 02:10 PM   #48
lfw
Rookie
lfw is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #52834
Quote:

I guess Lin saying he has been exposed a lot so far this season is not owning up to his performance?

Of course he is going to ask for people to be patient. What else is he going to say? Give up on me?

RedRedemption is online now Old 11-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #49
RedRedemption
Contributing Member
RedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldRedRedemption is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43241
Quote:

Stop posting.

SunsRocketsfan is offline Old 11-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #50
SunsRocketsfan
SunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5387
Felton 20pts 9 assists. lin 7 pts 4 assits 4 turnovers

Hopefully i can eat crow tonight

REEKO_HTOWN is online now Old 11-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #51
REEKO_HTOWN
Contributing Member
REEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32179
Sampson should do Lin a favor and send him to the D-League.

He'll get his confidence back and then the pressure will be gone.

Talking about James Harden:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosPollosHermanos View Post
He relies on contact too much, has subpar handles for a guard, has been gaining weight since he got here, can barely beat his man off the dribble sometimes, and doesn't have the stamina he should.

Aruba77 is offline Old 11-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #52
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 1999
Member: #589
As much as I'd like to see Lin have the game of his life and piss all over the Knicks, I think there's a real danger overhyping what this game really means. It means absolutely nothing. I don't think we get a glimpse of Linsanity until the coaching staff decides to stop relegating him to a spot up shooter who just camps out on the 3pt line. His worth is in facilitating offense through his penetration. Until the coaches put together a gameplan to take advantage of that, Linsanity is dead.

pnr is offline Old 11-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #53
pnr
pnr is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodpnr is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Member: #51940
Its not pressure, it's his form not being where it was pre-surgery. Lin was under so much more pressure in NY especially after the miami game. He did well he had 14/5 under woodson shooting 40%. This was while he had a torn meniscus and the team was blowing out opponents so Lin didn't even have to play in the 4th for some games. Granted the sample size was 7 games, but still. If lin can get gis fg up to 40, he would be averaging 15 points and 7 assists. Those are not bad. He is just in a huge funk right now and needs to get that sorted out.

Exel is offline Old 11-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #54
Exel
Exel is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #52666
I really hope Jeremy isn't treating this like any other game. He has to do what DWill did last time when he played against Jeremy again and go for the jugular. He needs to punish Carmelo, JR, and Felton for slighting him. If this game can't bring out some emotional intensity out of Lin, then he definitely is in a major mental funk.

Carl Herrera is online now Old 11-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #55
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Felton
I’ve been in the league way longer, got a much more body of work
Heh... I wouldn't be using the words "much more body" if I were Ray. Not around Portland fans, at least.

youngshev03 is offline Old 11-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #56
youngshev03
youngshev03 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #26563
He is better than Lin which is pathetic.

GoRockets! is offline Old 11-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #57
GoRockets!
GoRockets! is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52366
Quote:
Originally Posted by muas2010 View Post
I feel sometimes Lin should just quit talking to the media....
What can he do? Rockets media dept yesterday arranged the post practice press section and he was asked those questions by the NY media.

Do you suggest he just tell those media people: F*** off, I'm not gonna answer any questions.

No player wants to talk to the media after a bad game. Harden twice didn't make himself available to the media when he had that very bad performance a few games back. But we all know Lin is Lin, too nice to say no.

By the way, had Lin not made himself facing the media, people probably would say: what a wuss.

Aruba77 is offline Old 11-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #58
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 1999
Member: #589
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealist137 View Post
Felton IS better than Lin, NO DOUBT!!!
...at being a lazy underachiever instead of a tireless overachiever.

catch22 is offline Old 11-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #59
catch22
catch22 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #37219
i don't want to debate who is better, but god damn i hate felton's fat face

DreamWeaver is offline Old 11-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #60
DreamWeaver
DreamWeaver is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #8872
Being called out by Felton should be the wake-up call that Lin needed.

I want to see some Linsanity tonight.