ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Watching the Games if You Don't Have Comcast and Live in Houston
Tags:  basketball, comcast, houston, houston rockets, nba Tags
Jeff is offline Old 12-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
Jeff
Clutch Crew
Jeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneJeff is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #7
Where do you go? Are there any decent sports bars that have Comcast???

Sponsored Link
TheRealist137 is offline Old 12-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
TheRealist137
TheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jan 2009
Member: #36197
Firstrowsports

ketchupNmustard is offline Old 12-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #3
ketchupNmustard
ketchupNmustard is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Sep 2010
Member: #47083
Tobins on hwy 6 and 529 in the NW side. They have a huge patio with a bug screen an tvs around it supplied by the elusive Comcast.

jsonic6 is offline Old 12-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #4
jsonic6
Contributing Member
jsonic6 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #39778
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealist137 View Post
Firstrowsports
This.

BigMaloe is offline Old 12-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
BigMaloe
Contributing Member
BigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50111
Quote:
Firstrowsports
Yuck...

Vipbox.tv is waay better...

BigBird is offline Old 12-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #6
BigBird
Contributing Member
BigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBigBird is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #51060
Buffalo Wild Wings has comcast (or at least the one near me at Westheimer and Kirkwood), but that place sucks so I would advise against going unless your sole intent is to get bottomless chips and salsa and watch the Rockets.

DdotConrad503 is offline Old 12-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #7
DdotConrad503
DdotConrad503 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43206
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchupNmustard View Post
Tobins on hwy 6 and 529 in the NW side. They have a huge patio with a bug screen an tvs around it supplied by the elusive Comcast.
Wow didn't know they had Comcast. Their set up in the back is nice

thesonofsam is offline Old 12-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #8
thesonofsam
thesonofsam is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #27555
If you live in Montrose/Upper Kirby/River Oaks area, Stags Head Pub has Comcast.

khanhdum is offline Old 12-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #9
khanhdum
khanhdum is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finekhanhdum is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Member: #28223
I don't mind streaming the game for everybody if someone can show me how? I have comcast and fast internet. Preferably to stream in HD

Orange is offline Old 12-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #10
Orange
Orange is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineOrange is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51609
Quote:
Originally Posted by khanhdum View Post
I don't mind streaming the game for everybody if someone can show me how? I have comcast and fast internet. Preferably to stream in HD
Thats would be nice a stream exclusively for Clutchfans.

khanhdum is offline Old 12-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #11
khanhdum
khanhdum is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finekhanhdum is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
yes just for CF, if someone knows how to? I will set it up

ketchupNmustard is offline Old 12-26-2012, 05:09 PM   #12
ketchupNmustard
ketchupNmustard is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #47083
Quote:
Originally Posted by DdotConrad503 View Post
Wow didn't know they had Comcast. Their set up in the back is nice
Lol yeah an actual halfway cool place in the Cypress area, came home from the holidays a all the bars in the area were slacking. If you don't get distracted by the drinks easily, and down to pay those new bar prices, Tobins is almost a bet, not a big bet but also one.

TheRealist137 is offline Old 12-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #13
TheRealist137
TheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchTheRealist137 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jan 2009
Member: #36197
i'll pay you if you can provide a working hd stream every game.

Sadat X is offline Old 12-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #14
Sadat X
Sadat X is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSadat X is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSadat X is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Member: #47102
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesonofsam View Post
If you live in Montrose/Upper Kirby/River Oaks area, Stags Head Pub has Comcast.
Nice to know. I just went there the other night for the first time. That bar is pretty chill. I like how it is sectioned off around the bar. The bartender with the gauges in her ears is pretty sexy!

khanhdum is offline Old 12-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #15
khanhdum
Quote:
i'll pay you if you can provide a working hd stream every game.
i'm looking into it but not sure how exactly yet. I will only stream HD as tehre are already low quality streams available. we'll see if it's feasible

RedNation is offline Old 12-26-2012, 05:18 PM   #16
RedNation
Contributing Member
RedNation is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneRedNation is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneRedNation is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneRedNation is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneRedNation is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneRedNation is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneRedNation is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2010
Member: #46407
Quote:
Originally Posted by khanhdum View Post
yes just for CF, if someone knows how to? I will set it up
Try to get into contact with ItsMyFault

mvpcrossxover is offline Old 12-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #17
mvpcrossxover
mvpcrossxover is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finemvpcrossxover is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finemvpcrossxover is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33363
i remember when we had streams only for CFers..........

ahhhh good times

HD too

ClutchFans' Achievement

jscmedia is offline Old 12-26-2012, 05:40 PM   #18
jscmedia
Contributing Member
jscmedia is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodjscmedia is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #118
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNation View Post
Try to get into contact with ItsMyFault
Definitely get with Itsmyfault I dont know what happened but he was streaming a beautiful HD stream for a few games...

Great Rockets watching bar/restaurant is Jakes Philly Steaks on Chimney Rock between Richmond and westheimer also great wings cheese steaks and cheap beer during games

Jedster is offline Old 12-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #19
Jedster
Jedster is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #53027
Just wondering...does League Pass black out games for the city of Houston EVEN after the game is over?

I frequently don't have the ability to watch the game live due to various busy things, but I make sure I turn the scores off on League Pass and then watch it a couple of hours later and pretend it's live.

Cos I see many complaints that folks don't get to see Rockets games...but if you don't mind just being 2 hours late, League Pass seems like a viable solution. Plus you don't have to waste time watching commercials and waiting for timeouts to be over.

2012-13: $5 million, 32 mpg, 16 points, 8 assists, 1 steal and about 2 TOs on average. That's my Linexpectation!

Sydeffect is offline Old 12-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #20
Sydeffect
Sydeffect is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSydeffect is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSydeffect is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSydeffect is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Member: #47064
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscmedia View Post
Definitely get with Itsmyfault I dont know what happened but he was streaming a beautiful HD stream for a few games...

Great Rockets watching bar/restaurant is Jakes Philly Steaks on Chimney Rock between Richmond and westheimer also great wings cheese steaks and cheap beer during games
He said something about ditching Comcast because of terrible picture quality