ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal
LCII is offline Old 11-16-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
LCII
Contributing Member
LCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLCII is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Nov 2006
Member: #20646
If we wanted a spot up shooting guard, we could've just traded Kyle Lowry for Jose Calderon.

Hey, lets put even more pressure on Harden than he already has by having him ISO every time down the court - guaranteed way to lose the ball and not score any points on offense!

JEREMY LIN 11 assists tonight, just let the man initiate and run the offense, why do coaches insist on Harden having the ball in his hands? He's a great player, but he's not Jordan. Everytime I see the Harden ISO in the 4th quarter, I know we're gonna lose.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Sponsored Link
heyhadi is offline Old 11-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #2
heyhadi
heyhadi is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #51346
Quote agree! Harden should not run the ball in the last minutes.

iconoclastic is offline Old 11-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #3
iconoclastic
iconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #26097
If Lin was not injured, there was absolutely no reason for Lin not to be out there in OT.

LBJ-Tmac is offline Old 11-16-2012, 11:57 PM   #4
LBJ-Tmac
LBJ-Tmac is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2008
Member: #33708
Ok if you go back and review the game, the few times Lin got a pick, he got to the bucket at will and got a charge, and a missed shot. Thats probably all Sampson remembers, instead of all the good things that came around with it.

Also in overtime, we should have been running morris harden pick and roll if lin was out and not patterson harden.

QdoubleA is offline Old 11-16-2012, 11:58 PM   #5
QdoubleA
QdoubleA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsQdoubleA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsQdoubleA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsQdoubleA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsQdoubleA is James Harden -- racking up the pointsQdoubleA is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24521
Why doesn't Lin play 200% of the time?!?! Lin Should coach the team and run point guard, stupid Rockets holding Lin back from reaching full potentiallllllllllllll.

Cstyle42 is offline Old 11-16-2012, 11:58 PM   #6
Cstyle42
Cstyle42 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodCstyle42 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33157
Lin needs to show he can lead this team at point guard by just doing what Lin does... Just like the Harden in his first two games. Lin has to play his game then coaches will adjust the team according around him. Lin simply is not producing consistently enough yet

Evil Empire is offline Old 11-16-2012, 11:59 PM   #7
Evil Empire
Evil Empire is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #33941
that was some atrocious offense we had in that OT...I really wish Lin had played

dmenacela is offline Old 11-16-2012, 11:59 PM   #8
dmenacela
Contributing Member
dmenacela is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finedmenacela is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #8873
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclastic View Post
If Lin was not injured, there was absolutely no reason for Lin not to be out there in OT.
Agreed and to think some CF members think TD was a better option befuddles me.

Can't believe I'm saying but bring back McHale!

nono is online now Old 11-16-2012, 11:59 PM   #9
nono
nono is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodnono is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51885
Remember how Toney Douglas didn't even play a single minute in McHale's last game before his leave of absence ? Sampson has lost his ****ing mind here.

DreamShook is offline Old 11-17-2012, 12:00 AM   #10
DreamShook
DreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32128
Lin wasn't as aggressive as his stats may seem. Harden was on the bench and he would give up the rock to Douglas for some reason. I say just go out there and go crazy; what he so scared of. Shoot all the airballs you wont just shoot that s**t.

tminusrex is offline Old 11-17-2012, 12:00 AM   #11
tminusrex
Rookie
tminusrex is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #51953
Morey is going to be PISSED

GideonC is offline Old 11-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #12
GideonC
GideonC is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52506
Total BS.

Sampson is either (A) a moron... or (B) a racist

Only two options at this point... he just threw away a fking game to stick it to Lin... fk him... Sampson needs to be gone YESTERDAY

P.S. I'm not especially a Lin fan, not Asian, never followed the Knicks... just calling it the way it is

Mr. Space City is offline Old 11-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #13
Mr. Space City
Mr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMr. Space City is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: May 2009
Member: #41635
harden is the max contract superstar morey wanted so they should accommodate to him and lin should learn how to play with another superstar

lin is not the star of this team, it's harden

/slight sarcasm

Acedude is offline Old 11-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #14
Acedude
Contributing Member
Acedude is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodAcedude is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #25715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstyle42 View Post
Lin needs to show he can lead this team at point guard by just doing what Lin does... Just like the Harden in his first two games. Lin has to play his game then coaches will adjust the team according around him. Lin simply is not producing consistently enough yet
11/11/6 today with the best +/- on the team today. What are you smoking?

I like how you mention the 2 games Harden did well when we are at game 9 already. 2/9 is consistency amirite?

BleedRocketsRed is offline Old 11-17-2012, 12:02 AM   #15
BleedRocketsRed
Contributing Member
BleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43195
FREE MACHADAO

tofu-- is offline Old 11-17-2012, 12:02 AM   #16
tofu--
tofu-- is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finetofu-- is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31526
Sampson: Jeremy. Jeremy. HEY JEREMY I'M TALKING TO YOU. CHING CHONG CHING
Lin: Dude, what's up?
Sampson: I'm benching you for the OT.
Lin: What?
Sampson: Oh, I forgot you don't speaking American. CHING CHONG CH--
Lin: No, I mean, why are you benching me?
Sampson: You have too many assists. You're playing like a PG. We can't have that.
Lin: Dude, are you serious?
Samspon: Hey, those are my rules. Take them or leave them.
Lin: I camp out at the 3 all the time. Today I tried to do something different and I had one of my best games. I even made that great pass to Harden to save us back in regulation. Remember?
Sampson: Yo, TD. It's your time to shine.
Lin: I'm calling Morey. This is ridiculous. Hey, Daryl?
Morey: Hello? I'd like a large chow-mein with the General Chicken. I'll pay it with Royce White's fines.

HowardStern is offline Old 11-17-2012, 12:02 AM   #17
HowardStern
Rookie
HowardStern is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #52553
Quote:
Originally Posted by GideonC View Post

P.S. I'm not especially a Lin fan, not Asian, never followed the Knicks... just calling it the way it is
and I'm really Howard stern

LBJ-Tmac is offline Old 11-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #18
LBJ-Tmac
The reason its so frustrating is because its been proven to work.

Code Red is offline Old 11-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #19
Code Red
Code Red is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #52539
That was a really good game tell the end...I don't mind the team losing if they played hard, but if Lin isn't injured...speechless.

LBJ-Tmac is offline Old 11-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #20
LBJ-Tmac
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu-- View Post
Sampson: Jeremy. Jeremy. HEY JEREMY I'M TALKING TO YOU. CHING CHONG CHING
Lin: Dude, what's up?
Sampson: I'm benching you for the OT.
Lin: What?
Sampson: Oh, I forgot you don't speaking American. CHING CHONG CH--
Lin: No, I mean, why are you benching me?
Sampson: You have too many assists. You're playing like a PG. We can't have that.
Lin: Dude, are you serious?
Samspon: Hey, those are my rules. Take them or leave them.
Lin: I camp out at the 3 all the time. Today I tried to do something different and I had one of my best games. I even made that great pass to Harden to save us back in regulation. Remember?
Sampson: Yo, TD. It's your time to shine.
Lin: I'm calling Morey. This is ridiculous. Hey, Daryl?
Morey: Hello? I'd like a large chow-mein with the General Chicken. I'll pay it with Royce White's fines.

Lol this gave me a laugh.