ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > NBA Dish

Are the Knicks for real....
Tags:  basketball, hurricane, league, miami, nba, new york knicks Tags
eddiewinslow is offline Old 11-15-2012, 02:24 AM   #1
eddiewinslow
eddiewinslow is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodeddiewinslow is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49010
Everyone is hyping them but I don't see them beating anyone but Miami in a game Miami prob let them have for their hurricane survivors morale boost. I think the best coach in the league and kawhi on melo along with great depth beats ny...what say you...are they for real?

Sponsored Link
Rox11 is offline Old 11-15-2012, 02:37 AM   #2
Rox11
Rox11 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineRox11 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineRox11 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36318
I think this is when melo can be at his best. Evrerytime amare is in it messes up the tempo and touches for him. So as long as they can keep this pace they will be fine.

BeeBeard is offline Old 11-15-2012, 02:46 AM   #3
BeeBeard
BeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30435
The only Western Conference team they've played so far is Dallas.

So no.

In fact their upcoming back-to-back against San Antonio and then Memphis should bring Knicks fans some much-needed perspective.

Spiegel is offline Old 11-15-2012, 03:27 AM   #4
Spiegel
Spiegel is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSpiegel is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSpiegel is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45158
They have elite defense, very good point guard play, amazing depth of big men coming off the pine. Good rebounders and Shumpert isnt even back yet. There the real deal.

Outlier is offline Old 11-15-2012, 03:40 AM   #5
Outlier
Outlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16479
When Stoudamire comes back, they're done. He can't co-exist with Melo.

Spiegel is offline Old 11-15-2012, 03:58 AM   #6
Spiegel
Spiegel is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSpiegel is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSpiegel is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45158
Stouda hasnt been good since he left the Suns.

eddiewinslow is offline Old 11-15-2012, 08:29 AM   #7
eddiewinslow
eddiewinslow is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodeddiewinslow is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49010
All valid points...just no way they cover 5 pts tonight which is the spread...

BeeBeard is offline Old 11-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #8
BeeBeard
BeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiegel View Post
They have elite defense, very good point guard play, amazing depth of big men coming off the pine. Good rebounders and Shumpert isnt even back yet. There the real deal.
They've had the easiest schedule in the league and it's not even close.

PinoyRocket is offline Old 11-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #9
PinoyRocket
PinoyRocket is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Apr 2010
Member: #46060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlier View Post
BINGO.

when that happens, we can trade for Amare with Lin .

Yung-T is offline Old 11-15-2012, 08:53 AM   #10
Yung-T
Yung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #40202
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBeard View Post
They've had the easiest schedule in the league and it's not even close.
This shows they had the 3rd toughest, or was that sarcasm from you?

I to believe that Davis has Garnett potential. I also feel that Lamb has McGrady potential. Terrence Jones has the potential to be better than Bosh. Royce has the potential to be another Majic Johnson.

3 potentials > 1 potential.
jvu - Yeah and I love the D. So PG is perfect for me!

jvu - I am not a fan of harden's D.

BeeBeard is offline Old 11-15-2012, 09:31 AM   #11
BeeBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung-T View Post
This shows they had the 3rd toughest, or was that sarcasm from you?
It doesn't, actually, but it's more a nod to how misleading all of this is, this early on. (Check out those RPI stats, too!) I don't think very much of a team that has beaten the Sixers without Bynum, Dallas without Dirk, an Orlando team that is awful regardless of whether Jameer Nelson is playing, and a Heat team that was phoning it in due to Sandy.

Not that it hasn't been fun to watch Knicks fans disregard all of this and get carried away anyway. Like I said, they're in for a badly-needed reality check as their schedule toughens up through the end of November. In fact, it's quite possible they lose even to a Manu-less Spurs team tonight, and then get destroyed by Memphis on Friday. At which point, the bipolar Knicks community will fall over themselves talking about "adjustments" and what a bad coach Mike Woodson somehow is, even though truthfully, they will have only JUST faced their first good opponents who were giving maximum effort. Reminds me of ClutchFans!

On a sidenote, Ed Kupfer, who crunches numbers for the Rockets, parsed out some SoS data and found that Miami will have the easiest SoS overall by the end of this season, according to ESPN's projected records.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=275303

This may be part of a vast conspiracy that stretches across the globe and to the highest seats of power, or it may be that the Heat play in the worst division in the NBA. Probably the latter.

LCAhmed is offline Old 11-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #12
LCAhmed
Contributing Member
LCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlier View Post
I would say trade for STAT, but I dont think we could even start to make salaries work...

SunsRocketsfan is offline Old 11-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #13
SunsRocketsfan
SunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSunsRocketsfan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5387
no one wants to touch stat's ourrageous contract.. do not want a guy who plays no D

MourningWood is offline Old 11-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #14
MourningWood
Contributing Member
MourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Oct 2009
Member: #43687
J.R. Smith is averaging 18 & 5 at nearly .50 FG% through the first 5. Still early, but he could be primed for a monster year.

I thought he was a sure-fire star out of HS. 2X first-team All-State and co-MVP w/ Dwight at Mickey D's AA Game, where I remember him sinking 25-foot treys with ease. He was a showstopper at the rim thanks to his freakish vert, which measured 44" at the combine. He had all the tools, but his immaturity & lack of focus held him back in Denver. He was always in Karl's doghouse, though he did manage to set the franchise record for 3 PT% (once hit 11 3s off the bench).

Maybe he's turned a corner in his 2nd year w/ NY. If anything, he'll be in the hunt for 6th Man, and possibly MIP. He's a better player than he's shown through his first 8 years in the league.

Asian Sensation is offline Old 11-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #15
Asian Sensation
Asian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchAsian Sensation is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #924
Quote:
Originally Posted by MourningWood View Post
J.R. Smith is averaging 18 & 5 at nearly .50 FG% through the first 5. Still early, but he could be primed for a monster year.

I thought he was a sure-fire star out of HS. 2X first-team All-State and co-MVP w/ Dwight at Mickey D's AA Game, where I remember him sinking 25-foot treys with ease. He was a showstopper at the rim thanks to his freakish vert, which measured 44" at the combine. He had all the tools, but his immaturity & lack of focus held him back in Denver. He was always in Karl's doghouse, though he did manage to set the franchise record for 3 PT% (once hit 11 3s off the bench).

Maybe he's turned a corner in his 2nd year w/ NY. If anything, he'll be in the hunt for 6th Man, and possibly MIP. He's a better player than he's shown through his first 8 years in the league.
I know this may sound crazy but he always reminded me a bit of Kobe in terms of his style and making certain things look effortless. I'm obviously not comparing the two but JR definitely has some game.

swish the picante sauce around in your mouth for a while (and nibble on the picante bits)
Da'Rel Morry is the greatest.

mr. 13 in 33 is online now Old 11-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #16
mr. 13 in 33
mr. 13 in 33 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmr. 13 in 33 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmr. 13 in 33 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmr. 13 in 33 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsmr. 13 in 33 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47563
well lets see if they can beat the spurs tonight

"Any fool with a d*** can make a baby, but only a real man can raise his children" Laurence Fishburne

"Houston Rockets are a fun young team to watch" Walt Fraizer

When Mike Breen says "Bang" you just hit a big shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by clippy View Post
Paul will flop maybe once a game

BeeBeard is offline Old 11-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #17
BeeBeard
They're a lot more legit after tonight.

They got their first:

1. Road win
2. Against a quality team
3. That was healthy

Not only that, but they showed remarkable poise in the fourth quarter of a tight game against the Spurs. They produced stops when they needed them, manufactured good shot attempts in the last few minutes, and then made those shots.

Not bad at all.

apollo33 is offline Old 11-15-2012, 10:01 PM   #18
apollo33
apollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #39124
Raymond Felton is proving me wrong lol

For God so loved the world that he gave his second Son, Jeremy Lin, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. -Jeremy 3:16
-CH

Solidz75 is offline Old 11-15-2012, 10:03 PM   #19
Solidz75
Rookie
Solidz75 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52622
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBeard View Post
They're a lot more legit after tonight.

They got their first:

1. Road win
2. Against a quality team
3. That was healthy

Not only that, but they showed remarkable poise in the fourth quarter of a tight game against the Spurs. They produced stops when they needed them, manufactured good shot attempts in the last few minutes, and then made those shots.

Not bad at all.
Yeah I was really impressed tonite especially with Felton. Looks like they are buying into Woodson... Looks like a different team this year.

Krizzle is offline Old 11-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #20
Krizzle
Krizzle is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Mar 2012
Member: #50411
This Knicks team reminds me alot of Dallas Championship team.

Houston Rocket Fan First, Charlotte Hornets fan Second.