ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)
Tags:  2012, attention whore, basketball, draft, eddie griffin, feedback, houston rockets, jonathan feigen, league, nba, pointless, protocol, royce white, self-centered egoist, support, twitter, nba development league Tags
TISNF is offline Old 11-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #401
TISNF
TISNF is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineTISNF is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2010
Member: #46243
To Royce's credit, he did outlast Mike Brown.

Sponsored Link
clos4life is offline Old 11-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #402
clos4life
Contributing Member
clos4life is Omer Asik -- working the boardsclos4life is Omer Asik -- working the boardsclos4life is Omer Asik -- working the boardsclos4life is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #29124
Quote:
Originally Posted by TISNF View Post
I can tell you where he is not. At his job.

I'll stop when we get Love for Harden. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post
The James Harden signing is Trevor Ariza magnified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROF2012 View Post
He did not play at star level in the last 3 games.

bleedrockets is offline Old 11-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #403
bleedrockets
Rookie
bleedrockets is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2012
Member: #50443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
Full statement from Royce White:

In hindsight, perhaps it was not a good idea to be open and honest about my anxiety disorder, due to the current situations at hand that involve the nature of actions from the Houston Rockets. As a rookie, I want to settle into a team and make progress; but since preseason the Rockets have been inconsistent with their agreement to proactively create a healthy and successful relationship. At this point the Rockets are aware of my position and the reason for my absence. Any other response is inaccurate. This is important to me. It is a health issue. I must advocate for my rights. It is a player-commodity league. The failure to meet my requests for support will end with me being unhealthy and that is not a consequence that I am willing to accept to play any sport.
release this dude and eat his 2.5 million 2 yr deal

#RedNation #RaiderNation #GoStros

crash5179 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #404
crash5179
Contributing Member
crash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2000
Member: #2052
I guess what is most disconcerting is that Daryl Morey releases a statement saying the Rockets support and will continue to support Royce while dealing with his condition.

Royce releases a statement throwing the team under the buss.

finsraider is online now Old 11-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #405
finsraider
finsraider is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finefinsraider is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finefinsraider is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47381
Things I know:

1) no way do the rockets release him. It would reflect poorly on the organization, and he's at his absolute lowest value right now.

2) The Rockets will ban him from Twitter.

For his own sake, I hope he realizes the difference between his thoughts and the public perception of his thoughts.

Scarface281 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #406
Scarface281
Scarface281 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsScarface281 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsScarface281 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Mar 2009
Member: #39573
Quote:
Middle right of the picture, wearing hipster winter clothes. There is a kid with a yellow hat in front of him.

I like to smoke Marijuana, It gives me a deep meditation, I love to draw marijuana, It give me a deep meditation, It keep the natty dreadlocks jumping, It keep the natty dreadlocks rocking, It keep the natty dreadlocks swinging, The white man love to smoke marijuana, The black man love to cultivate it

I love to smoke marijuana, It give me a deep meditation. Marijuana!! I love it with my heart and soul, So I can't stop smoking.

DorianTurk is offline Old 11-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #407
DorianTurk
DorianTurk is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodDorianTurk is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Sep 2008
Member: #33853
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash5179 View Post
I guess what is most disconcerting is that Daryl Morey releases a statement saying the Rockets support and will continue to support Royce while dealing with his condition.

Royce releases a statement throwing the team under the buss.
Which buss? Jerry? Jeanie? Jim?

Team Kuya West Productions

Relentless is offline Old 11-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #408
Relentless
Relentless is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRelentless is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRelentless is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRelentless is James Harden -- racking up the pointsRelentless is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47992
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCkid View Post
Looking like the McCain team did a better job vetting Palin.
2008 called, they want this joke back.

REEKO_HTOWN is online now Old 11-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #409
REEKO_HTOWN
Contributing Member
REEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface281 View Post
Middle right of the picture, wearing hipster winter clothes. There is a kid with a yellow hat in front of him.
Dude, he's in the bottom right by the guy washing his clothes.

Dei is offline Old 11-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #410
Dei
Dei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19029
Quote:
Just for the record, here's Waldo:

kianainhi is offline Old 11-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #411
kianainhi
kianainhi is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurprescott2 View Post
is he trying to get cut so he can sue the team? he looks like he's trying to build a case for it on twitter...

really don't like this kid at all.
Looks that way. It's called wrongful termination.

It could also seem that he's hinting the Rox org is making his disorder worse by not treating him like a human being. Negative workplace enviroment.

BeeBeard is offline Old 11-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #412
BeeBeard
BeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30435
Quote:
Originally Posted by REEKO_HTOWN View Post
Dude, he's in the bottom right by the guy washing his clothes.
Maybe Royce has a secret twin, and he's the one who's been attending shootarounds and traveling with the team while the other one shames himself on Twitter.

Kam is offline Old 11-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #413
Kam
Contributing Member
Kam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2002
Member: #3419
he hasn't tweeted in a while.

what's up.

#wordapp

‹^›ςΏσ‹^›

butterball is offline Old 11-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #414
butterball
butterball is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42631
No way in hell do the Rockets let this slide. Royce is good as gone.

crimmy88 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #415
crimmy88
crimmy88 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #26781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kam View Post
he hasn't tweeted in a while.

what's up.

#wordapp
His agent probably called and raged why Royce hates money

fattz is offline Old 11-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #416
fattz
fattz is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2009
Member: #43739
Was this on Comcast, too? b/c I can't see it.

TISNF is offline Old 11-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #417
TISNF
TISNF is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineTISNF is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2010
Member: #46243
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterball View Post
No way in hell do the Rockets let this slide. Royce is good as gone.
Will this be more or less awkward than the Derek Fisher situation?

Batman Jones is offline Old 11-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #418
Batman Jones
Contributing Member
Batman Jones is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemBatman Jones is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemBatman Jones is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemBatman Jones is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemBatman Jones is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemBatman Jones is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemBatman Jones is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemBatman Jones is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemBatman Jones is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemBatman Jones is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemBatman Jones is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Sep 1999
Member: #711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
as someone who shows up for work every day, it's hard to have any sympathy for White
You wouldn't show up for work everyday if illness prevented you from doing so.

raining threes is offline Old 11-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #419
raining threes
raining threes is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #31960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
Full statement from Royce White:

In hindsight, perhaps it was not a good idea to be open and honest about my anxiety disorder, due to the current situations at hand that involve the nature of actions from the Houston Rockets. As a rookie, I want to settle into a team and make progress; but since preseason the Rockets have been inconsistent with their agreement to proactively create a healthy and successful relationship. At this point the Rockets are aware of my position and the reason for my absence. Any other response is inaccurate. This is important to me. It is a health issue. I must advocate for my rights. It is a player-commodity league. The failure to meet my requests for support will end with me being unhealthy and that is not a consequence that I am willing to accept to play any sport.
Translation:

Even though I showed up to TC late and out of shape, I dont want to play in the minors. I'm too good for that crap. I'll use my mental illness to force the Rockets to give me my way. Childish really

Like he cant he cant continue his treatment in Rio Grande

Sen89 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #420
Sen89
Sen89 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodSen89 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #34634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dei View Post
I'm personally disturbed he describes himself in Twitter as:

Humanitarian, Writer, Entrepreneur, Director and Imaginer.

This guy's a fruit.
And you're a piece of ****

What else is new?