ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)
Tags:  2012, attention whore, basketball, draft, eddie griffin, feedback, houston rockets, jonathan feigen, league, nba, pointless, protocol, royce white, self-centered egoist, support, twitter, nba development league Tags
jank1434 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #21
jank1434
Contributing Member
jank1434 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjank1434 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjank1434 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjank1434 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #43799
This is so typical of a White.

T-Will 2.0, but I was pro-squid. I'm anti-White.

Sponsored Link
pippendagimp is offline Old 11-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #22
pippendagimp
pippendagimp is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempippendagimp is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempippendagimp is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempippendagimp is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempippendagimp is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempippendagimp is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempippendagimp is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempippendagimp is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempippendagimp is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeempippendagimp is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Sep 2000
Member: #1853
suspend him without pay

axaznshortyxa is offline Old 11-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #23
axaznshortyxa
axaznshortyxa is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2003
Member: #12840
My friends said he was eating at their sushi restaurant and ordered just 10 minutes before the game; he watched the game there on their tv...

redhotrox is offline Old 11-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #24
redhotrox
Contributing Member
redhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49021

Kam is offline Old 11-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #25
Kam
Contributing Member
Kam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2002
Member: #3419
Looks like the medical center

‹^›ςΏσ‹^›

alethios is offline Old 11-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #26
alethios
alethios is Omer Asik -- working the boardsalethios is Omer Asik -- working the boardsalethios is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32552
Being in a relationship with someone who is notoriously flaky is really frustrating, because that same person has so many talents that are going untapped due to the fact that these personal (psychological) issues are holding them back.

People in this level of psychosis want to be recognized, but when the time comes, they feel overwhelmed by the magnitude of what's expected and they choose to avoid having to perform. They choose to hide themselves and get down on themselves for letting themselves down and everyone around them.

People like Royce and my wife's situation make it hard because they don't want anyone's disapproval or to be held back by anyone, but they do a good job of it themselves. In my case, it took some time and therapy for her to start to come out of her shell, so the same may be true for Royce. But if that's the case, he needs to spend some time away and get his head right.

RV6 is online now Old 11-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #27
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kam View Post
That's what i thought...the lettering on the building looks familiar, but can't make it out. University of Texas ....i think. Maybe he had a medical issue?

My feeling is L̶i̶n̶ Motiejunas needs another year, but team direction has shifted and shifted hard. It goes without saying — this is going to be a very important year for J̶e̶r̶e̶m̶y̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶ Donatas Motiejunas.

dobro1229 is online now Old 11-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #28
dobro1229
Contributing Member
dobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsdobro1229 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45354
If he really wants to prove a point, or be the philanthropist he holds himself up to being, he should donate his salary to charity or just refuse to accept the paychecks. Because he can't feel like he's actually "owed" the money he's making this year and next.

Look, I've backed the guy since day 1 but when you dont show up for games unnanounced, and practice upon hearing news that you are being sent to the D-League.... Im calling a spade a spade.

That lifestyle has to be incredibly taxing mentally, and someone with his mental issues... sorry, its going to be extremely difficult for him to live this lifestyle, and more importantly have a TEAM FIRST mentality when the past decade of life have been spent on self mental health improvement. Oh, and Im not saying he shouldn't be doing so.

The thing Im wondering now is what can the Rockets do to void his contract at the end of the year if they cannot come to an agreement with Royce and his agent on a suitable arrangement. I know they can fine him heavily ALREADY for just missing the game and practice unnanounced, but there has to be regulations on NBA contracts that will allow the Rockets to not only void his contract, and cut ties, but also get back a 2nd round pick in return.(I know I've heard of some pro sports leagues doing something like this.)

JPhil93 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #29
JPhil93
JPhil93 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2009
Member: #43653
This really is tough. As someone that wants Royce to succeed not only for the Rockets purpose but also for his own philanthropy, seeing news like this is disheartening. This guy has mad talent, obviously enough for us to take him at 16. I hope he can figure out his problems and contribute. I think all he needs is a chance but with stuff like this it makes you wonder..

roxxy is offline Old 11-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #30
roxxy
roxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51508
Sigh. I hope he is OK. I don't think Royce would just Skip practice for no reason. I am still a big fan of his.

either that or Harden is being vastly underrated by a so called Rockets fan who supposedly watched majority of the Rockets games last season where Harden night in and night out carry the Rockets offense and torch whatever defense the opposing team throws at him
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlaurelio View Post
stats are only credible if they point to jlin as the better player
Stats: Advanced Stats Primer | Basketball-Reference | Hoop Data | Team Rankings | NBA WOWY! | NBA.com (Advanced) | Vorped | Popcorn Machine | NBA Graphs

tofu-- is offline Old 11-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #31
tofu--
tofu-- is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finetofu-- is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
as someone who shows up for work every day, it's hard to have any sympathy for White
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Commodore again.

Gertso is offline Old 11-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #32
Gertso
Gertso is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
Not for Asik fans like myself.
I just picked him up for my fantasy team.

Raven is offline Old 11-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #33
Raven
Raven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRaven is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6153
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narciss...ality_disorder

Sadat X is offline Old 11-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #34
Sadat X
Sadat X is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSadat X is Omer Asik -- working the boardsSadat X is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Sep 2010
Member: #47102
Nothing to see here folks. Lets focus on the players who are putting a strong effort in and almost beat the reigning champs last night.

rolyat93 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #35
rolyat93
rolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
Not for Asik fans like myself.
Asik is quickly becoming the new Scola on the team, the lunch-pale guy. Hustles like him too.

RV6 is online now Old 11-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #36
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV6 View Post
How do you not know if he was at the game or not

anyone recognize this view/area? White's tweet yesterday.

It's the Methodist Hospital, where the picture was taken from...

My feeling is L̶i̶n̶ Motiejunas needs another year, but team direction has shifted and shifted hard. It goes without saying — this is going to be a very important year for J̶e̶r̶e̶m̶y̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶ Donatas Motiejunas.

Krizzle is online now Old 11-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #37
Krizzle
Krizzle is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2012
Member: #50411
Im still a fan and I still see him succeeding.

Houston Rocket Fan First, Charlotte Hornets fan Second.

Commodore is offline Old 11-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #38
Commodore
Contributing Member
Commodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCommodore is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kam View Post
psych ward?

Yung-T is offline Old 11-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #39
Yung-T
Yung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #40202
Zeller, Nicholson, Sullinger, Melo, Jenkins, Wroten, Plumlee, PJIII, Moultrie, Teague, Ezeli, Jeff Taylor...awwwww.

I to believe that Davis has Garnett potential. I also feel that Lamb has McGrady potential. Terrence Jones has the potential to be better than Bosh. Royce has the potential to be another Majic Johnson.

3 potentials > 1 potential.
jvu - Yeah and I love the D. So PG is perfect for me!

jvu - I am not a fan of harden's D.

CF Draft:

Fyreball is offline Old 11-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #40
Fyreball
Contributing Member
Fyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchFyreball is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #39843
I have a feeling before too long, we're going to be hearing about White taking a leave of absence for an undetermined amount of time. He needs to get his health and attitude in check before trying to embark on something as grueling as an NBA career. The moment is obviously too big for him right now, so he needs to handle his personal situation before it leads to burned bridges. Anxiety is a bear to deal with on its own, but when you intertwine personality issues as well, it almost becomes too much. Humility is the first step in getting help for anxiety, and he needs to get some.