ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)
Tags:  2012, attention whore, basketball, draft, eddie griffin, feedback, houston rockets, jonathan feigen, league, nba, pointless, protocol, royce white, self-centered egoist, support, twitter, nba development league Tags
Grigori is offline Old 11-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #2901
Grigori
Grigori is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodGrigori is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44899
This surreal drama is like Sucker Punch I just watched on HBO and I was like WTF is this shat.

Royce White is in an insane asylum, but he imagines that he is in a basketball brothel instead and there's the psychopath pimp Morey and Madame Sampson. They want to exploit Royce and make him play some basketball. He can't and doesn't want to, but they threaten him with a fate worse than death. Royce then imagines that he enters an ancient Lin temple where his old enabler doctor tells him that he needs five things to escape the hell that is Houston. He fights some giant samurais, defeats them, and wakes up to find that he has just had a quadruple double. Back in the basketball brothel, he convinces some fellow #anxietytroopers to go along with him. Once again he is made to play some basketball for Les. This time he imagines that he is in the trenches fighting steamwork Nazis. After destroying a bunch of Nazis and securing the map, he wakes up to find that he's had another quadruple double. He and his #anxietytroopers celebrate, but he is made to play basketball for the coaches. This time he imagines he is fighting through an army of orcs, finding baby Morey in the lair, he slids Morey's throat and obtain the magic crystals, but a giant Les awakes and chases him. He kils Les, too, and wakes to find that he's had another quadruple double. Finally, he is made to suffer the ultimate indignity and play basketball for the entertainment of the creepy Houston fans. Hero Royce imagines that he is fighting robots to steal a super weapon from a train. He kills a bunch of robots, and the bomb explodes destroying the entire corrupt Sodom-Houston metropolitan area. Royce wakes to find that he's had another quadruple double. Royce then decides to sacrifice himself so that one of his #anxietytrooper buddies can have her day in the sun.

The fantasy ends and Royce is in an insane asylum and has just had a lobotomy. He has imagined all of it, the samurais, the steam Nazis, the orcs, the robots, and the basketball brothel and the quadruple doubles he imagined he performed while imagining that he was imagining.

#imaginer

Sponsored Link
ch0c0b0fr34k is offline Old 11-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #2902
ch0c0b0fr34k
ch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #30747
By the way, does anyone know how many reputation points it takes to not be "____ is Royce White -- showing a lot of promise". Because I really would like not be Royce White, nor do I think he shows a lot of promise.

"I shot (free throws) like I was Mark Price. I had a slower song tonight in my head. Last night I had a fast song and I was going too fast. Tonight I had a couple slow jams playing in my head and I did pretty good so I'm going to keep it up. ... The playlist was some Tank, some Tyrese and some Usher and some Beyonce. And on the Beyonce's I hit all net so I might have to keep singing Beyonce."
- Dwight Howard on his excellent free throw shooting technique

gwatson86 is offline Old 11-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #2903
gwatson86
Contributing Member
gwatson86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsgwatson86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsgwatson86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsgwatson86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsgwatson86 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2003
Member: #10212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza_Da_Hut View Post
I think anyone who believes Royce will turn this around and be a producing member of this team is foolish. I'm not saying he can't turn it around, I'm not even saying his NBA career is done, I'm saying his Rocket career is done. Remember Steve Francis and the superbowl? There are dozens of examples of players butting heads with management and getting shipped out. It's sad, but it's business. Even if Royce starts to get playing time it will only be to show him off as a possible asset in a trade.

We really were not the best team to draft him in the first place. He needed to be drafted to a team with little turnover. the Rockets cleared out there roster from last season and pretty much are always in a flux of exchanging players. That cannot be a good situation for someone in his condition. A team like Utah or Minnesota might have been better suited to his situation. A team intent on talent development, even if it is a lost cause. I really feel like both parties went into this with a great deal of naivety and now as fans we have to put up with this crap. I'm not saying the Rockets are even 10% at fault here, but there is some blame to go around. Royce is also an immature brat. You would think that on a week where his coach is grieving he might just stop at the twitter just a bit, put basketball aside and focus on what really matters (his kids maybe?), but that's not the Royce we all know and love!
Probably should have been drafted by an east coast team. That way a large portion of your road games are actually within reasonable driving distance.

SamFisher is offline Old 11-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #2904
SamFisher
Contributing Member
SamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Apr 2003
Member: #11807
Quote:

We really were not the best team to draft him in the first place. He needed to be drafted to a team with little turnover. the Rockets cleared out there roster from last season and pretty much are always in a flux of exchanging players. That cannot be a good situation for someone in his condition. A team like Utah or Minnesota might have been better suited to his situation. A team intent on talent development, even if it is a lost cause. I really feel like both parties went into this with a great deal of naivety and now as fans we have to put up with this crap. I'm not saying the Rockets are even 10% at fault here, but there is some blame to go around.
Basically what you're saying is that he should have been drafted by a college team rather than an NBA team.

That appears to be correct.

MambaJoe is offline Old 11-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #2905
MambaJoe
MambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43157
So anything new happening with Royce? Has he even show up to practice yet?

No Government in our country can lawfully stifle free speech and fine those who exercise it; the NBA under present circumstances can both stifle and fine players and coaches who speak up.

MambaJoe is offline Old 11-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #2906
MambaJoe
MambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Member: #43157
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwatson86 View Post
Probably should have been drafted by an east coast team. That way a large portion of your road games are actually within reasonable driving distance.
Yea he should but no one other than Houston wants to deal with a headache.

No Government in our country can lawfully stifle free speech and fine those who exercise it; the NBA under present circumstances can both stifle and fine players and coaches who speak up.

senter is offline Old 11-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #2907
senter
senter is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodsenter is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2010
Member: #46853
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch0c0b0fr34k View Post
By the way, does anyone know how many reputation points it takes to not be "____ is Royce White -- showing a lot of promise". Because I really would like not be Royce White, nor do I think he shows a lot of promise.
hahah probably 100. Go to the hangout and post funny/insightful things there and get your rep up, which will happen before Royce White decides he wants to cooperate and show that promise

Check out my music
www.sentermusic.com

Pizza_Da_Hut is offline Old 11-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #2908
Pizza_Da_Hut
Pizza_Da_Hut is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePizza_Da_Hut is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePizza_Da_Hut is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePizza_Da_Hut is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePizza_Da_Hut is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePizza_Da_Hut is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePizza_Da_Hut is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jul 2003
Member: #13337
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamFisher View Post
Basically what you're saying is that he should have been drafted by a college team rather than an NBA team.

That appears to be correct.
There are teams out there that are far more stable than we are. We have a lot of player turnover. This is as to be expected when you lack a cohesive unit. I understand Morey is fiddling with things and putting it together but you can't honestly believe we hold on to players longer than other teams. (I'm not making a judgement call, I'm just saying that is the way we are)

Ironically if he would just accept his damn d-league assignment and go there to work on his skills it would bring him the predictability he needs to work on his issues. Plus, playing well has got to be good for him and his anxiety. He would be a man amongst scrubs...

I can't help but wonder, the way he attacks followers on Twitter, how could he survive an NBA game? Game 7 of WC Finals, a guy holds up a sign that says "Royce White is crazy if he thinks the Rockets are going to win", what does Royce do? Hopefully the signs are considerably wittier than what I've stated, but you catch my drift. Does he actually go up to the stands Ron Artest style and say "Dude, show shome #respect, stop being #ignorant, #anxietytroopers let's #educate this guy"? Come on. Part of being in the public eye is acting professionally and ignoring idiots, but listening to people that really want to help you. He's doing the opposite...

I'm a DUCK!!!!

Wild about them Cats!

The NBA is slowly turning into the WWE... It's only a matter of time until the Rock completes the big 5 in Miami...

john_l is offline Old 11-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #2909
john_l
Contributing Member
john_l is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2003
Member: #12256
Quote:
Originally Posted by MambaJoe View Post
So anything new happening with Royce? Has he even show up to practice yet?
#narcissistic personality disorder

Pizza_Da_Hut is offline Old 11-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #2910
Pizza_Da_Hut
Pizza_Da_Hut is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePizza_Da_Hut is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePizza_Da_Hut is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePizza_Da_Hut is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePizza_Da_Hut is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePizza_Da_Hut is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePizza_Da_Hut is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jul 2003
Member: #13337
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_l View Post
#narcissistic personality disorder
Apparently he is now a 16 year old girl who is infatuated with the Beatles... Good for him... #MoneyWellSpent

I'm a DUCK!!!!

Wild about them Cats!

The NBA is slowly turning into the WWE... It's only a matter of time until the Rock completes the big 5 in Miami...

jimmyv281 is offline Old 11-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #2911
jimmyv281
jimmyv281 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2008
Member: #32798
Quote:
Apparently he is now a 16 year old girl who is infatuated with the Beatles... Good for him... #MoneyWellSpent

coachbadlee is offline Old 11-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #2912
coachbadlee
Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
Quote:
More like a 66 year old woman.

Hey Texans!!! Keep #1. Draft Barr!!!
"Are you kidding me??!! That's your point guard!!" Matt Bullard

BONIERO1576 is offline Old 11-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #2913
BONIERO1576
BONIERO1576 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodBONIERO1576 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9888
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBarelyCares View Post
Just went on twitter and hit "unfollow". If everyone else did the same, maybe he'd get back to work.
I finally did this too. The John Lennon tattoo thing finally did it. I was hoping eventually to hear updates on how many jumpshots he took in the gym after practice. What I got was something far more inane.

RV6 is offline Old 11-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #2914
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
Isn't it almost 3 weeks now? 3 weeks of holding out...SMH.

My feeling is L̶i̶n̶ Motiejunas needs another year, but team direction has shifted and shifted hard. It goes without saying this is going to be a very important year for J̶e̶r̶e̶m̶y̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶ Donatas Motiejunas.

SamFisher is offline Old 11-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #2915
SamFisher
Contributing Member
SamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldSamFisher is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Apr 2003
Member: #11807
Quote:
There are teams out there that are far more stable than we are. We have a lot of player turnover. This is as to be expected when you lack a cohesive unit. I understand Morey is fiddling with things and putting it together but you can't honestly believe we hold on to players longer than other teams. (I'm not making a judgement call, I'm just saying that is the way we are)

I.
There are very few teams that possess the lack of roster turnover that you think would help him. The norm for ANY team is probably 25% on the low end with 40-50% of the 15 man roster being turned over in a 12 month period probably being the norm.

Look at your example of Minnesota as a patient, low roster churn team. The players in bold weren't there on opening day 2011-2012:

17 Louis Amundson F 6-9 225 December 7, 1982 6 University of Nevada, Las Vegas
11 Jose Barea G 6-0 175 June 26, 1984 6 Northeastern University
10 Chase Budinger F 6-7 218 May 22, 1988 3 University of Arizona
5 Will Conroy G 6-2 195 December 8, 1982 2 University of Washington
33 Dante Cunningham F 6-8 230 April 22, 1987 3 Villanova University
5 Josh Howard F-G 6-7 210 April 28, 1980 9 Wake Forest University
47 Andrei Kirilenko F 6-9 220 February 18, 1981 10
8 Malcolm Lee G 6-5 200 May 22, 1990 1 University of California, Los Angeles
42 Kevin Love F 6-10 260 September 7, 1988 4 University of California, Los Angeles
14 Nikola Pekovic C-F 6-11 243 January 3, 1986 2
13 Luke Ridnour G 6-2 175 February 13, 1981 9 University of Oregon
3 Brandon Roy G 6-6 215 July 23, 1984 5 University of Washington
1 Alexey Shved G 6-6 190 December 16, 1988 R
34 Greg Stiemsma C 6-11 260 September 26, 1985 1 University of Wisconsin
7 Derrick Williams F 6-8 241 May 25, 1991 1 University of Arizona

That's 9 out of 15 roster spots with brand new players. And that doesn't even count the guys who were added and dropped in the interim.

Royce's "I need playing time to be comfortable" complaint " wouldn't fly in any team on the league. Not even the Bullets. Hell, the most stable-roster teams are probably the veteran ones with lots of guys on exxpensive contracts that can't be broken up and that are probably contending. You think the Royce White special treatment to help my condition approach would be forthcoming from the SPurs? Highly, highly unlikely.

Last edited by SamFisher; 11-27-2012 at 04:24 PM.

alethios is offline Old 11-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #2916
alethios
alethios is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finealethios is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finealethios is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32552
I should have learned by now to stop checking this thread for any good news (about Royce).

I bet the 29 other teams are thankful they aren't playing the guinea pig in this psychotic adventure.

G Zus Kryst is offline Old 11-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #2917
G Zus Kryst
Rookie
G Zus Kryst is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodG Zus Kryst is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #48985
will he b @ the funerel?...........if not........wow

Grigori is offline Old 11-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #2918
Grigori
Grigori is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodGrigori is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44899
Quote:
Originally Posted by alethios View Post
I should have learned by now to stop checking this thread for any good news (about Royce).

I bet the 29 other teams are thankful they aren't playing the guinea pig in this psychotic adventure.
The psychedelic adventures of Royce White and Doctor Enabler.

BleedRocketsRed is offline Old 11-27-2012, 04:44 PM   #2919
BleedRocketsRed
Contributing Member
BleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBleedRocketsRed is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Member: #43195
I finally figured it out:

Les brought in Lin to appeal to the Asian market
He brought in Asik to appeal to the Middle Eastern market
He brought in Harden to appeal to the facial hair market
He brought in Royce to appeal to the psycho market

I think Les is trying to capture the potential Islamic extremist market.

coachbadlee is offline Old 11-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #2920
coachbadlee
Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
Well at least Royce sounds like an everyday Twitter user, now. Instead of some old crazed reverend.

Hey Texans!!! Keep #1. Draft Barr!!!
"Are you kidding me??!! That's your point guard!!" Matt Bullard