ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Rockets-Blazers Series Preview with Adam Wexler

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)
Tags:  2012, attention whore, basketball, draft, eddie griffin, feedback, houston rockets, jonathan feigen, league, nba, pointless, protocol, royce white, self-centered egoist, support, twitter, nba development league Tags
redhotrox is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #261
redhotrox
Contributing Member
redhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49021

What if the Lakers sign Lebron for the 2014/2015 season? Assuming that Howard and Nash are the only ones on the roster at that point...maybe Kobe signs for a lot less money being that he's been paid plenty by the Lakers. The word "never" is a bit drastic. Next season for the Lakers will be the redeem team. The 2014/2015 season will be the "calling all mercenaries" team.

Sponsored Link
daernoth is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #262
daernoth
daernoth is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #25654
Personally I would like to know the specific matters Royce is talking about when he says that the Rockets have not been proactive enough.

He may be expecting too much of the Rockets organization or maybe he is right to complain. Hard to say without knowing more.

Dei is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #263
Dei
Dei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19029
Out of curiosity, if his contract is ever voided, can he be simply picked up by another team? That's a loophole, if ever.

ThaShark316_28 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #264
ThaShark316_28
ThaShark316_28 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineThaShark316_28 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineThaShark316_28 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kam View Post
You guys want to know the real story?
I have this curse. I swear, it's serious.

If you are a player, and we run into each other in midtown, you instantly become cursed and doomed as an NBA player.

many years ago, I ran into Joey Dorsey. In fact, I did it twice. I ran into him at Randalls in midtown, and I ran into him again at the Houston Center, over by Toyota Center.

And then last thursday, I ran into him at the Walgreens in midtown over by the car wash, and specs and all those places. He was there buying cookies or something. Those small grandmas cookies or whatever. He was wearing NBA socks with those hood type of loafers. Don't know what they are called, but they're a hood necessity i think.

So that is what happened to Royce White. i gave him the ol Kam midtown curse.

Sorry. Terrence Jones, Scotty Machado, and Donuts, please stay far away from me in midtown.
The ****? lol

|
v

Mr. Clutch is online now Old 11-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #265
Mr. Clutch
Contributing Member
Mr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #7931

Tell Uverse you want CNSHouston:
http://uversechannels.att.com/

Hail to the V is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #266
Hail to the V
Hail to the V is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52298
#Whatadivamove

rocketsfeeva is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #267
rocketsfeeva
rocketsfeeva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finerocketsfeeva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finerocketsfeeva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50202
Howard Chen retweeted two of White's tweets, guys this is getting serious.

apollo33 is online now Old 11-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #268
apollo33
apollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereapollo33 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #39124
Bye Royce nice knowing you

For God so loved the world that he gave his second Son, Jeremy Lin, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. -Jeremy 3:16
-CH

Aruba77 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #269
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jul 1999
Member: #589
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotrox View Post

Well I wish he would stop being cryptic and just come out and say what the problem is. It's not like he hasn't blown up the organization's spot already by releasing that statement earlier. And I also hope he wrong about the organization not being responsive to his health concerns. That's where this could really get ugly.

delishman is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #270
delishman
delishman is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously gooddelishman is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45591
As much as I want to support Royce and am sympathetic to his mental illness..

Starting to think this is situation is more a Royce White issues than a mental health issue...

McHale is screaming at Hoidberg right now.

redhotrox is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:55 PM   #271
redhotrox
Contributing Member
redhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49021

What if the Lakers sign Lebron for the 2014/2015 season? Assuming that Howard and Nash are the only ones on the roster at that point...maybe Kobe signs for a lot less money being that he's been paid plenty by the Lakers. The word "never" is a bit drastic. Next season for the Lakers will be the redeem team. The 2014/2015 season will be the "calling all mercenaries" team.

slowmustang is online now Old 11-13-2012, 08:55 PM   #272
slowmustang
slowmustang is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2004
Member: #15861
Hope he realizes that just because he can weasel his way out of the Rockets doesn't mean someone else will snatch him up.

Rockets had the MOST invested in him. No other team will give in to his demands.

Mr. Clutch is online now Old 11-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #273
Mr. Clutch
Contributing Member
Mr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemMr. Clutch is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #7931
So now he's back to saying the anxiety isn't the problem.

Then WTF is the problem??

Tell Uverse you want CNSHouston:
http://uversechannels.att.com/

FanOnGessner is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #274
FanOnGessner
FanOnGessner is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #51981
We could have drafted Zeller... Smh

@ITJames1990

mike_lu is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #275
mike_lu
mike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dei View Post
A few million isn't peanuts. It's a different case with players who aren't performing very well. You can just outright now pay this guy because of non-performance.

Royce paid for the bus himself, afaik. I wouldn't feel the Rox would be too harsh at all. Royce's shortcomings have been grave.
Rockets are paying for all his transport expenses, including bus

Aruba77 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #276
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAruba77 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jul 1999
Member: #589
Quote:

2 words. First word.... Sounds like .....

So tired of this cryptic sh#t.

saleem is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #277
saleem
Contributing Member
saleem is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesaleem is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesaleem is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2001
Member: #2094
End of story, I am afraid. He will be cut soon. We won't be able to get even a low second rounder for him. I never felt he was good enough for the 16th pick. I felt he was good enough as a 20th pick, and would fit in eventually.

Last edited by saleem; 11-14-2012 at 01:19 AM.

TISNF is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #278
TISNF
TISNF is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineTISNF is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2010
Member: #46243
Quote:

This guy needs a better publicist. He's complaining publicly on Twitter about his employer. That's bad form, Royce.

TISNF is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #279
TISNF
TISNF is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineTISNF is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2010
Member: #46243
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_lu View Post
Rockets are paying for all his transport expenses, including bus
I don't think so.

NotInMyHouse is offline Old 11-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #280
NotInMyHouse
Contributing Member
NotInMyHouse is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNotInMyHouse is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNotInMyHouse is Omer Asik -- working the boardsNotInMyHouse is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31354
Quote:
Originally Posted by delishman View Post
As much as I want to support Royce and am sympathetic to his mental illness..

Starting to think this is situation is more a Royce White issues than a mental health issue...

McHale is screaming at Hoidberg right now.
Royce may be the last thing on McHale's mind given his daughter's illness. In Royce's mind Royce seems to come first for better or worse.