ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)
Tags:  2012, attention whore, basketball, draft, eddie griffin, feedback, houston rockets, jonathan feigen, league, nba, pointless, protocol, royce white, self-centered egoist, support, twitter, nba development league Tags
whozee is offline Old 11-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #181
whozee
whozee is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #52022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
It could stem from not playing also, I don't know 100%. I've heard rumors third-hand, but I don't think it would be responsible to post them here.
Tease

Sponsored Link
ElPigto is offline Old 11-13-2012, 07:13 PM   #182
ElPigto
ElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boardsElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boardsElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boardsElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Sep 2006
Member: #19911
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealist137 View Post
Wow, we wasted a 1st round draft pick on this kid.

Morey messed up big time.
It sucks, but Morey has tried to hit a few homeruns and struck out. It sucks, but oh well.

"The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning"

--- Morrie Schwartz ( Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom )

Dei is offline Old 11-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #183
Dei
Dei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19029
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
They also lose respect around the league.
Hooooowwww?

J.R. is offline Old 11-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #184
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32628
Lamb traded(but got Harden), Royce's future up in the air/tbd/maybe too early to tell and Jones too early to tell.

"Noooo! We can't trade the guys for Dwight! Don't do it! Not worth it! We got future stars here! We'll look stupid if we trade them!! NOOOO!!!!"

...Haha

jayhow92 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #185
jayhow92
jayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsjayhow92 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2011
Member: #48093
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
Lamb traded(but got Harden), Royce's future up in the air/tbd/maybe too early to tell and Jones too early to tell.

"Noooo! We can't trade the guys for Dwight! Don't do it! Not worth it! We got future stars here! We'll look stupid if we trade them!! NOOOO!!!!"

...Haha
But they will all be all-stars!

BigMaloe is offline Old 11-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #186
BigMaloe
Contributing Member
BigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50111
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post

...Haha
You forgot about "morey doesnt draft high risk high reward players .. he aleays goes for the safe pick..."

Lol... its funny because the safest pick we made has been our best ao far tjones...

tofu-- is offline Old 11-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #187
tofu--
tofu-- is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finetofu-- is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31526
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhow92 View Post
But they will all be all-stars!
All-Stars? You're underrating them.

Franchise players. All of them.

whozee is offline Old 11-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #188
whozee
whozee is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #52022
Lin throwing in the "d-league is benificial" line

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/1...s=iref:nbahpts

kuku is offline Old 11-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #189
kuku
Contributing Member
kuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51720
I believe it was McHale who wanted White but the decision still came down to Morey.
The Team may terminate a player's contract upon written notice to the player if the player shall at any time, fail, refuse, or neglect to conform his personal conduct to standards of good citizenship, good moral character (defined here to mean not engaging in acts of moral turpitude, whether or not such acts would constitute a crime), and good sportsmanship, to keep himself in first class physical condition, or to obey the Team's training rules.
In theory, Rockets can void his contract, but in practice, highly unlikely! (remember Latrell Sprewell??)

RV6 is online now Old 11-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #190
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealist137 View Post
Wow, we wasted a 1st round draft pick on this kid.

Morey messed up big time.
Remember that White was very likely McHale's pick. Morey has to back him up.

My feeling is L̶i̶n̶ Motiejunas needs another year, but team direction has shifted and shifted hard. It goes without saying this is going to be a very important year for J̶e̶r̶e̶m̶y̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶ Donatas Motiejunas.

Dei is offline Old 11-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #191
Dei
Dei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the points
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuku View Post
I believe it was McHale who wanted White but the decision still came down to Morey.
The Team may terminate a player's contract upon written notice to the player if the player shall at any time, fail, refuse, or neglect to conform his personal conduct to standards of good citizenship, good moral character (defined here to mean not engaging in acts of moral turpitude, whether or not such acts would constitute a crime), and good sportsmanship, to keep himself in first class physical condition, or to obey the Team's training rules.
In theory, Rockets can void his contract, but in practice, highly unlikely! (remember Latrell Sprewell??)
Kindly tell.

I remember a lot of things about Spree but not anything explicitly related to this.

Carl Herrera is offline Old 11-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #192
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
if the Rockets didn't void Terrence Williams' contract, they ain't gonna void Royce White's. It is simply retarded to do so, the money and cap room are not significant.

withmustard is offline Old 11-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #193
withmustard
withmustard is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodwithmustard is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dei View Post
Kindly tell.

I remember a lot of things about Spree but not anything explicitly related to this.
His contract was terminated after choking his coach, PJ Carlisimo

I'm Tom Brady is offline Old 11-13-2012, 07:43 PM   #194
I'm Tom Brady
I'm Tom Brady is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49994
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman View Post
this doesn't look good for him and the question is do we really even need him?
umm, YEAH... would have loved to have him.

but not gonna happen, was never meant to, interesting pick that totally ****ing tanked. sad.

Outlier is offline Old 11-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #195
Outlier
Outlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boardsOutlier is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Herrera View Post
if the Rockets didn't void Terrence Williams' contract, they ain't gonna void Royce White's. It is simply retarded to do so, the money and cap room are not significant.
The point is to teach this douche a lesson.

Dei is offline Old 11-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #196
Dei
Quote:
Originally Posted by withmustard View Post
So... how does this make voiding a contract unlikely?

kuku is offline Old 11-13-2012, 07:47 PM   #197
kuku
Contributing Member
kuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Member: #51720
Quote:
Originally Posted by withmustard View Post
Warriors voided his contract (over 20 million) after his choking incident but Sprewel took the case to arbitration and won. As a result, the contract voiding was overturned.

It would be a PR disaster if Rockets are voiding White's contract. At least, not now and nothing as petty as missing practices.

crash5179 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 07:47 PM   #198
crash5179
Contributing Member
crash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2000
Member: #2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by AroundTheWorld View Post
It bugs me that in pretty much any other job, you could get fired for this kind of behavior, but in the NBA, the players' union would raise hell if this happened.
Not really,

FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act)

Dei is offline Old 11-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #199
Dei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Herrera View Post
I can't speak for Les but, if I were in his shoes, I wouldn't let anybody get a free meal.

nono is offline Old 11-13-2012, 07:52 PM   #200
nono
nono is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodnono is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Member: #51885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dei View Post
I can't speak for Les but, if I were in his shoes, I wouldn't let anybody get a free meal.
Problem is though, if they void they're losing a potential asset. He is making peanuts now and could potentially be used in a trade in the future if he shows himself to be less of a basket case. Les would rather pay him the peanuts than lose that asset.

There is also the problem that if the organization is too harsh on him everyone thinks they are not understanding of people who have mental illnesses etc etc. It just looks cold. That is why they gave him that bus anyways. They will give him some more time. I am losing patience though, just like you.