ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)
Tags:  2012, attention whore, basketball, draft, eddie griffin, feedback, houston rockets, jonathan feigen, league, nba, pointless, protocol, royce white, self-centered egoist, support, twitter, nba development league Tags
Carl Herrera is offline Old 11-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
UPDATE: 10:46pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post

UPDATE: 8:30pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
Full statement from Royce White:

In hindsight, perhaps it was not a good idea to be open and honest about my anxiety disorder, due to the current situations at hand that involve the nature of actions from the Houston Rockets. As a rookie, I want to settle into a team and make progress; but since preseason the Rockets have been inconsistent with their agreement to proactively create a healthy and successful relationship. At this point the Rockets are aware of my position and the reason for my absence. Any other response is inaccurate. This is important to me. It is a health issue. I must advocate for my rights. It is a player-commodity league. The failure to meet my requests for support will end with me being unhealthy and that is not a consequence that I am willing to accept to play any sport.

I was excited about his NBA potential before the draft and still am, but news like this make me wonder. I hope there is an explanation to this other than Royce just decided to skip.

Sponsored Link
rocketman84 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
rocketman84
rocketman84 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finerocketman84 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2003
Member: #12920
I don't understand why would draft someone with travel anxiety anyway. I get that that's a separate issue than his attitude problem, but we shouldn't have drafted him anyway.

fv court is offline Old 11-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #3
fv court
fv court is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Aug 2002
Member: #6515
its getting hard for all fans, not just white fans.

Mr. Clutch is online now Old 11-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #4
Mr. Clutch
Contributing Member
Mr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by fv court View Post
Not for Asik fans like myself.

Commodore is offline Old 11-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #5
Commodore
Contributing Member
Commodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28812
as someone who shows up for work every day, it's hard to have any sympathy for White

ROXTXIA is offline Old 11-13-2012, 01:51 PM   #6
ROXTXIA
Contributing Member
ROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Apr 2000
Member: #1409
I'd like to think we can tap that well of talent he has, but (while not making fun of his illness) how much of his behavior is the illness and how much is pure flakiness? How much does the former contribute to the latter? Is he trying to overcome his problems or are they getting the better of him or is he in any way overpushing the boundaries of goodwill the team has set (which must have some sort of limits)?

Again, not making fun of him. Can he be helped so that he can help the team? Was our pick wasted (in which case, 3 out of 4 unwasted picks [DMo included] isn't bad)?

Might take a couple years before we really know if he'll rise above his illness or if it'll be more than the organization can deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman84 View Post
I don't understand why would draft someone with travel anxiety anyway. I get that that's a separate issue than his attitude problem, but we shouldn't have drafted him anyway.
^This.

tinman is offline Old 11-13-2012, 01:51 PM   #7
tinman
Contributing Member
tinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: May 1999
Member: #485
this doesn't look good for him and the question is do we really even need him?

Akim523 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #8
Akim523
Akim523 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineAkim523 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2008
Member: #31714
Headcase.

This is got nothing to do with his mental issue but purely work ethic.

Not good.

Fullcourt is offline Old 11-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #9
Fullcourt
Contributing Member
Fullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneFullcourt is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #28396
Skipped practice? Jesus, I wouldn't care if we cut him.

AroundTheWorld is offline Old 11-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #10
AroundTheWorld
Contributing Member
AroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2000
Member: #1115
Keep him away from the team as far as possible, and if in any way legally possible, cut ties with him as soon as possible.

comment removed

OCCUPY UNSORTED!
KEEP UNSORTED ALIVE!

Coban Hutton is offline Old 11-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #11
Coban Hutton
Coban Hutton is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51769
This is sad. Missing training camp and setting yourself apart from the team was a bad start.

Nimo is offline Old 11-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #12
Nimo
Nimo is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51693
Really?

How so?

redhotrox is offline Old 11-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #13
redhotrox
Contributing Member
redhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereredhotrox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49021
He's missing so much time, especially for a rookie that needs to practice and earn his shot from the coaches...Skipped camp as leverage ploy to get the Rockets to meet his demands...skipped the home opener with migraines...skipped yesterday's game and today's practice...I'm hating that it's already looking this bad for a guy we just invested a lot in. And Morey is usually so thorough and places a lot of importance on background checks/psychological profile type stuff...

yunac010 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #14
yunac010
yunac010 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52474
Skipping practice has nothing to do with his anxiety disorder. From this and his twitter seems like he's pissed about not getting playing time.

Ricksmith is offline Old 11-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #15
Ricksmith
Contributing Member
Ricksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemRicksmith is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: May 2009
Member: #41990
His potential was well worth the #16 pick, but his personal issues are going to make it hard for him to be successful. I hope he can get himself together and finally get some playing time soon, but this really makes me wish we had picked Zeller instead.

Haymitch is offline Old 11-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #16
Haymitch
Contributing Member
Haymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2005
Member: #16399
Does his pay get docked if he skips practices/games? Or does he just get fined?

Either way, this is bad news. I was glad that we took a chance on him in the draft, but everything since then has gone poorly with Royce. T-Will 2.0

bet

Commodore is offline Old 11-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #17
Commodore
Contributing Member
Commodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28812
all that crying in the Grantland documentary about people willing to take a chance on him, and this is how he repays them? where's the gratitude?

zaam is offline Old 11-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #18
zaam
Contributing Member
zaam is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finezaam is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2001
Member: #3095
Quote:
Originally Posted by fv court View Post
WOW. You just Carl Herrera'ed Carl Herrera.

SupermoochieFro is offline Old 11-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #19
SupermoochieFro
SupermoochieFro is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45229
Na, I'm not excited...it's going limp noodle.

Moochie's Fro + Harden's Beard = Don King.

RV6 is offline Old 11-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #20
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
How do you not know if he was at the game or not

anyone recognize this view/area? White's tweet yesterday.

My feeling is L̶i̶n̶ Motiejunas needs another year, but team direction has shifted and shifted hard. It goes without saying — this is going to be a very important year for J̶e̶r̶e̶m̶y̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶ Donatas Motiejunas.

Last edited by RV6; 11-13-2012 at 02:07 PM.