ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Game 1 loss a wake-up call or death knell for Rockets?

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[Video] Jeremy Lin after the Nuggets game (still has a bloody nose)
Tags:  basketball, houston rockets, jeremy lin, nba, nuggets, video, youtube Tags
Clutch is offline Old 11-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
nono is offline Old 11-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #2
nono
nono is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodnono is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51885
How can a guy shoot so well at free throws and then even miss the rim on his three pointers? Baffling really. Maybe his legs are gone since that meniscus surgery. It seems like he has really lost a step.

Dave2000 is offline Old 11-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
Dave2000
Contributing Member
Dave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneDave2000 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Aug 2001
Member: #2971
Fwiw, I tweeted around 9:40pm, I'd say a good 20 mins after the game, I usually wait after the game is over, then went to the Team Shop, while walking to my car, a few people were looking at the practice court on the LaBranch side, Parsons was shooting 3s on the east end of the court, Lin came in a few mins afterwards and started to shoot 3s on the west end of the court.

Say what you want, but those are dedicated guys.

kinein is offline Old 11-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #4
kinein
kinein is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #51768
class act -

MikeMania is offline Old 11-07-2012, 10:34 PM   #5
MikeMania
MikeMania is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47189
Quote:
Originally Posted by nono View Post
How can a guy shoot so well at free throws and then even miss the rim on his three pointers? Baffling really. Maybe his legs are gone since that meniscus surgery. It seems like he has really lost a step.
On that one shot that went wide left, I could have sworn it was tipped by the defender.

kinein is offline Old 11-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #6
kinein
Quote:
Originally Posted by nono View Post
He isn't a steve novak shooter. You'll understand if you review his scoring videos from earlier in the season or last season.

The guy didn't have a shot attempt til mid/end of 2nd quarter. Just like LAST game. Coaching isn't letting him shoot or they are too busy workin on installing their new Harden schemes - Growing pains.

roxxy is offline Old 11-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #7
roxxy
roxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Member: #51508
How did he get the bloody nose again? Who hit him?

either that or Harden is being vastly underrated by a so called Rockets fan who supposedly watched majority of the Rockets games last season where Harden night in and night out carry the Rockets offense and torch whatever defense the opposing team throws at him
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlaurelio View Post
stats are only credible if they point to jlin as the better player
Stats: Advanced Stats Primer | Basketball-Reference | Hoop Data | Team Rankings | NBA WOWY! | NBA.com (Advanced) | Vorped | Popcorn Machine | NBA Graphs

infinitidoug is offline Old 11-07-2012, 10:38 PM   #8
infinitidoug
infinitidoug is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47248
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinein View Post
He isn't a steve novak shooter. You'll understand if you review his scoring videos from earlier in the season or last season.

The guy didn't have a shot attempt til mid/end of 2nd quarter. Just like LAST game. Coaching isn't letting him shoot or they are too busy workin on installing their new Harden schemes - Growing pains.
Also, a majority of his points from his Linsanity time in NY came from penetrating the lane for some good layups. Those are high probability shots that he's more accustomed to hunt for prior to coming to houston. Here, he's only positioned for outside shots. McFail needs to recognize and utilize talents

Rocket_4_Life is offline Old 11-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #9
Rocket_4_Life
Rocket_4_Life is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2009
Member: #43650
I really like Jeremy as a person. He's a good baller. I think he'll pull it together offensively.

kinein is offline Old 11-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #10
kinein
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitidoug View Post
Also, a majority of his points from his Linsanity time in NY came from penetrating the lane for some good layups. Those are high probability shots that he's more accustomed to hunt for prior to coming to houston. Here, he's only positioned for outside shots. McFail needs to recognize and utilize talents
Plus I think Lin's strength in ISO is being ignored entirely.

kinein is offline Old 11-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #11
kinein
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_4_Life View Post
I really like Jeremy as a person. He's a good baller. I think he'll pull it together offensively.
I think so too, he did have a bad shooting night but - it was going to happen the way they've removed him from being a large part of making it happen. Someone needs to be in his ear inspiring him to be as great as he can be. He can't get 1 shot in the 1st half - towards the end of the 2nd quarter. This isn't normal.

heypartner is offline Old 11-07-2012, 10:42 PM   #12
heypartner
Contributing Member
heypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldheypartner is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #920
Well, one thing is for sure, George Karl is running the same offense we are, at least in this game.

roxxy is offline Old 11-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #13
roxxy
roxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Member: #51508
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitidoug View Post
Part of the thing is that teams are going to make it harder for him to get into the lane because they no he can score like that. They will also force him to pass because they know that outside of him & Harden nobody else is really an offensive threat. In NY he could attack a lot because he was surrounded by talent to keep the defense honest. In Houston that superstar talent isn't there yet.

either that or Harden is being vastly underrated by a so called Rockets fan who supposedly watched majority of the Rockets games last season where Harden night in and night out carry the Rockets offense and torch whatever defense the opposing team throws at him
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlaurelio View Post
stats are only credible if they point to jlin as the better player
Stats: Advanced Stats Primer | Basketball-Reference | Hoop Data | Team Rankings | NBA WOWY! | NBA.com (Advanced) | Vorped | Popcorn Machine | NBA Graphs

stefanb is offline Old 11-07-2012, 10:47 PM   #14
stefanb
stefanb is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Mar 2011
Member: #48571
Quote:
Plus I think Lin's strength in ISO is being ignored entirely.
True, but you have to remember, in New York, Lin had Carmelo Anthony and Amare to take the pressure and focus off of him. In Houston, we don't have offensive threats like those two so he's going to be guarded ten times harder than he was in NY.

jbasket is offline Old 11-07-2012, 10:49 PM   #15
jbasket
Contributing Member
jbasket is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finejbasket is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finejbasket is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50214
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy View Post
How did he get the bloody nose again? Who hit him?
He got fouled for like three seconds straight getting hit in the head near the end of the game. It was rediculous, and if he wasn't bleeding, they ref might not have called it. Just terrible.

stefanb is offline Old 11-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #16
stefanb
stefanb is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Mar 2011
Member: #48571
Quote:
Part of the thing is that teams are going to make it harder for him to get into the lane because they no he can score like that. They will also force him to pass because they know that outside of him & Harden nobody else is really an offensive threat. In NY he could attack a lot because he was surrounded by talent to keep the defense honest. In Houston that superstar talent isn't there yet.
Wow, I didn't even realize that you said the same exact thing I said before me. Oops. Well it doesn't hurt to say it twice. Some of these people don't understand basketball, especially the NBA, so we have to pound it into their heads. I agree with what you're saying roxxy. Lin won't have the same numbers as he did in NY unless we get another really good scorer to ease the pressure on not only him, but Harden as well.

duluth111222 is offline Old 11-07-2012, 10:51 PM   #17
duluth111222
duluth111222 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodduluth111222 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #16689
Quote:

lol, if he keeps shooting airballs, i wouldn't let him shoot either.

iconoclastic is offline Old 11-07-2012, 10:52 PM   #18
iconoclastic
iconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #26097
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanb View Post
True, but you have to remember, in New York, Lin had Carmelo Anthony and Amare to take the pressure and focus off of him. In Houston, we don't have offensive threats like those two so he's going to be guarded ten times harder than he was in NY.
What are you talking about? Lin played much better without Carmelo and Amare.

For those who claim that Jeremy Lin is not a superstar: in the games where Lin was the primary decision-maker on his team, he has averaged 23 points and 8 assists per game, and his teams have gone 14-5.

2013-2014 Predictions (made during the preseason)
1. James Harden will finish at least #3 in the MVP voting.
2. Rockets will win at least 60 games.

pcheung08 is offline Old 11-07-2012, 10:53 PM   #19
pcheung08
pcheung08 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52421
one thing I miss from him is the lob pass to the center for the dunk which is so inspiring. never happened once in here. pity.

King Boo is offline Old 11-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #20
King Boo
King Boo is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2012
Member: #52139
Quote:
He played better without that superstar talent. The other scoring threats during Linsanity were mainly Tyson and Novak.

It has to be one of 2 things, his knee or his coaching. Lin was regularly dealing with double teams and being the primary offensive threat during Linsanity.